Crop King Seeds White Cookies 2016

Well...today was epic...get home from work to a parcel in the mail. The shipment from the King was in!! Boomshakalaka!! Super excited.

20160314_171930.jpg

I cant wait to get going!! Although im going to have to wait a lil bit...patience is a virtue so they say. :)
Be coming back at you in a few hrs.

Nice selection!

I was just looking at the Dark Angel today! Looks like a great strain!

Can't wait to see you put her into action!

Thanks pigeon. The temtation is unreal to pop one of each...but I told myself one strain at a time untill I find a couple that help me the way I want. When I did the three it was too much. Waay too many different things happening to a beginner like me lol. Especially starting hydro like I did.

The girls are looking very nice today. The fan leaves seem to be staying down as a result of me bending them that way to allow more light between. They are so short they totally shade that growth. Temps were 31 topside and 25 res. RH 40% been raining all day here so a nice little boost for them. I added some black/wbite paper to the tops od the res to try and drop that to around 20. Where its at now a lil too high for my liking.
Piper seems to be pushing out another node...hopefully 3 leaves on this one. Ill post pics tomorrow as ill have a little more time for upload. My internet isnt the greatest but it gets me by.
(now I anxiously await my light meter)

You're really not making a bad choice by waiting and doing one strain at a time. I started growing multiple strains way to early and it cost me a couple beautiful plants. But lesson learned I suppose.

You're on the right track! Keep it up!

well...my addition of the black/white paper was a terrible idea. But we will start on a positive today to keep the energy!
Piper is looking nice and healthy!
20160315_204532.jpg

And her roots have made it to the bottom! Sweet!
20160315_204953.jpg

Now...on to my rather lifeless...suffocated girls. I can only assume that this was the case as adding the black white paper would have cut off fresh airflow to my rootzone..giving them the look of overwateringl imo. Heres what i fashioned to increse light at base of plant.
20160315_204420.jpg

Purely a case of overcare...as they were doing so well and just trying to give that extra boost. Now look..:thedoubletake:
20160315_204229.jpg
20160315_204241.jpg

I quickly removed the film and checked ph...6.1 and 6.0. 3 and 2 drops respectively ph down...grab truncheon meter and check ec....0.9 ok (450ppm) all is nominal must have been the film. I topped up the resivoirs with ph'd water and left the tent open a crack to get an i take of fresh air in. I adjusted the fan to blow more directly onto the plants to force current on to hydroton and push some oxygen down there. I may switch to my ceramic airstones as there seemed to be a hell of a lot more bubbles from those aswel as current in the pail. *fingers crossed*

So...as my anxiety was waay up this am. I had a quick peek at the girls. My previous suspicions seem to be on point. They were looking a lot more happy and lush.
20160316_061706.jpg

Not quite 100% but a good nap today will cure what ailes them im sure. I forgot in my half state of nostalgia last night to post rootzone pictures. Have they ever blown up.
Jacinda then Molly...are you ready??

20160315_204340_HDR.jpg
20160315_204354.jpg

Its gonna get a whole lotta more crazy in there believe it.
I willso a quick update later today just for the state they are in and ill come back at you in a couple of days to show development.
Namaste
FN

There perking back up slowly but all and all they look a healthy green still. :thumb:
I really know shit all about this style of growing I'm a soil guy :) If it was soil I'd say a bit over watered meaning not enough oxygen to the roots but with this style of growing don't trust what I'm suggesting but I think maybe a 1ml/l dose of H2O2 might help them perk up. That's what I've done and it worked in soil.

:hmmmm:I'm hear to learn:hmmmm:

Subbed. looking good FROSTYNUGZZ. Are you using a chiller to keep res temps down? That made my decision to switch from DWC to hempy buckets. Things were going great until I turned my back for a couple days came back to an ugly res. I won't go back to DWC until I purchase that one piece of equipment that eliminates the UGLY res. I'll be watching :peace:

Subbed. looking good FROSTYNUGZZ. Are you using a chiller to keep res temps down? That made my decision to switch from DWC to hempy buckets. Things were going great until I turned my back for a couple days came back to an ugly res. I won't go back to DWC until I purchase that one piece of equipment that eliminates the UGLY res. I'll be watching :peace:

No chiller res temps vary 19-26. I add 20ml H202 every 2-3 days. Worked the first time. :)

So...now...things have changed...50/50 good/bad. Well ya...heres whats up.
Piper is looking nice. Ill be transplanting her soon into her final home.
20160317_205851.jpg

Im hoping she does well. Ill be putting her in straight promix soiless mix from our local shop.
I plan on using my remaining gen hydro nutes on her and play around. If she does well...maybe...nah ill wait.

Molly is an absolute heart throb at the moment for me...just beautiful.
20160317_190243.jpg

20160317_190248.jpg

Now...this is where it getz tough....Jacinda is not looking too good. I replaced tbe resevoirs tonight and im hoping that the increse in nutes for at 15ml cal/mag. 10ml grow. 7.5ml micro. 5ml bloom. 2.5 ml b-52. 20ml H202 per 13L of water each res. 600ppm.

20160317_190326.jpg
20160317_190336.jpg
20160317_190319.jpg

Kinda looks like a macro nutrient with a cal/mag issue? Idk so hard. First step with this tho is res change. Ph 5.8. In the morning im going to drop the ph to 5.5and see where it is when they wake up. Im hoping they will be around 5.9. Ill try and give a quick update in am as to the condition.
Namste
FN

Ok...seems that she liked the new res...ph was 6.0 this am...added 7 drops ph down...retested at 5.6. Fine by me. She has perked right up and hasnt looked this happy in a cpl days. I think i may have to go full strength on nutes. What do you guys think? Ive read that white cookies is a light feeder...but it seems that they want more...at least Jacinda does. Heres how she looked this am.
20160318_061712.jpg

Im hoping the interveinal Chlorosis/necrosis will temper away in the coming days. Where would you guys have your ec/ppm at this point? Im thinking since i havnt topped before and i technically have a top and a fim that they are needing more as they would be 2 and 4 plants in one respectively? Could explain why molly has faired well? Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Namaste
FN

Hello again all..i have a little interactive challange for you...pretend this is your "mancave" and you have 100 bucks to spend on it. What would you buy as an addition to it? If i dont get any responses by tomorrow am. March 19th. Keep in mind the lux meter is coming. Im talking anything from nutes to fans and everything in between. I will be grabbing a couple more airstones so dont suggest that. You all have the floor. Look forward to hearing your suggestions. ;)

Well my man, I'm all about preparation for the future.

If you're asking this question I'll assume you have the basics. So stick with what you know. What I would suggest is stocking up on materials you'll be using more often or that are reoccurring. For example, pots, pellets, nutrients. It's always nice to have an extra bottle of nutes, ph's, maybe an extra timer or power bar.
Maybe you'll need a new area to grow in for seedlings or for flowering. Maybe invest in making that environment more sustainable or habitable.
100$ can go a long way if it's thought out and used appropriately. But you got this Bro!

:passitleft:

Well my man, I'm all about preparation for the future.

If you're asking this question I'll assume you have the basics. So stick with what you know. What I would suggest is stocking up on materials you'll be using more often or that are reoccurring. For example, pots, pellets, nutrients. It's always nice to have an extra bottle of nutes, ph's, maybe an extra timer or power bar.
Maybe you'll need a new area to grow in for seedlings or for flowering. Maybe invest in making that environment more sustainable or habitable.
100$ can go a long way if it's thought out and used appropriately. But you got this Bro!

:passitleft:

Nice pigeons...not a bad idea. My thought train was one of a more substatial purchase, but you raise a solid point there. I like it. I have placed another order aswell...ill wait and let all of your anxieties rise untill the day it arrives...i assure you, it shouldnt be dissapointing. That will be all the major purchases for a while..except for necessities which i may just stock up on. I will wait and see what others shoot out :)

Looking on the up and up today! Temps 29 canopy and 25 res. RH 39% browning seems to have stopped. Fan leaves have perked up and nodes have come up a tad on jacinda. Molly is tanking foreward....so much so...well.....roots are browning but also in nutrient solution and look ok to me...havnt braved touching them yet. Piper is chillin in a light bath and opening up nicely.
20160318_204159.jpg

Is that wait! Yup confirmed.....4 nodes incoming! Whoop.!!!:slide:
20160318_204224.jpg

Now this structure here!! Wow im liking it.
20160318_204237.jpg

20160318_204242.jpg

This is how the roots are coming along.
20160318_204250.jpg
20160318_204304.jpg

As i get in for a closer look on molly...

20160318_204733.jpg

Suddenly im struck with some inspiration...molly is gonna overtake jacinda at this rate...but what can i do.....luckily...i have a couple tricks up my sleve. I take a long deep breath in...........release............

BAAAAAAAAM!!!
20160318_204845.jpg

Yup...bifiminized

Namaste
FN

For what I've read, above 21 C starts the risk of root rot. Are you confident 24+ C water will not generate nasty surprises? Also, how old are the girls now?

Back
Top Bottom