Dank's Quest For Dankness

...yeah, on my shed I removed a window and closed it in with plywood(chipboard)...then put in 4" and 6" plastic vents(dryer vents) and connect my exhaust ducts to them...

...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:
So my incoming air comes through a few cut out sections of my green house. So i would want to basically just close the exiting air space and use plywood to make it more stable to hold a plywood air duct basically and i can use a 6 inch fan with a charcoal filter to clean that air? So all the out going air will be scrubbed clean basically? Maybe i should use a bigger fan and filter rather then a 6 inch? My green house is 10x20 and about 10 ft high in the middle. Its just a retrofitted carport that i framed with 2x4 and screws into the aluminum car port . Would i want to limit my incoming air ducts maybe just use 2 windows for incoming air? The windows will be about 2x2 or 2x4 each with the fan pushing the air out it should be enoigh to ventilate the green house i imagine but i probally should use another fan or least a bigger 1 youd think dr. Hook? Thats a beautiful shed btw.

...yeah, on my shed I removed a window and closed it in with plywood(chipboard)...then put in 4" and 6" plastic vents(dryer vents) and connect my exhaust ducts to them...

...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:
I see now that should work. I can easily add that plywood im sure to the 2x4 i used to support that metal frame. Maybe even drop some 2x4 from the top and resupport the extra weight if need be. But i see the way now. Totally appreciate that. I got some plywood layin around or ill proly grab some new wood cause im not trying to contaminate anything thats been outside. If anything ill make a table and use that to support the weigjt. That looks really cool man.

...to be honest, I don't think you'll accomplish your goal of containing smell, unless the GH is more closed off...the scrubber would be sucking as much outside air as inside air...now I don't know the heat situation there, but if you block off your upper vents and and place fan/filter at the far end and just leave the entrance open somewhat, you would be more successful in that regard...throw in a couple/few clip fans to move the inside air, would also help...yeah a bigger fan/filter would be better for that big an area(2 six inch'ers?), but I like working with what I got,to see if I can make it work(read that as cheap sob... ;) :rofl:)...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

...to be honest, I don't think you'll accomplish your goal of containing smell, unless the GH is more closed off...the scrubber would be sucking as much outside air as inside air...now I don't know the heat situation there, but if you block off your upper vents and and place fan/filter at the far end and just leave the entrance open somewhat, you would be more successful in that regard...throw in a couple/few clip fans to move the inside air, would also help...yeah a bigger fan/filter would be better for that big an area(2 six inch'ers?), but I like working with what I got,to see if I can make it work(read cheap sob... ;) :rofl:)...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
Ya i plan on closing everything but maybe 2 vents on the far side and maybe run your idea of a plywood square with an intake fan pulling air in 2 or 4 oscillating fans moving air around for all 4 corners and maybe just 1 big 10 inch fan sucking air outthroigh a charcoal filter. Ill make a door so air doesnt come out through their but if i can create enoigh air pressure going out that fan that should take all the out going air and clean it through the filter. Worse comes to worse ill use a 6 in and 8 in fan on seperate ducts. Gotta make sure im pushing enough air out though in order to clean that air. Thx again.

Dam sticky they are going through some water.

I know nothing about growing outside. Someday :D

Hooks advice sounds right tho. Just get good air flow makes sense to me

Fastass this weather is great! Hopefully it was a good day for you brother
Hey dank so i got a question you prolly can answer , so my flower room i just checked my gg4 and the buds are awesome looming and i checked trichs on a sugar leaf on a top bud. Now i see alot of cloudy and amber trichomes does that mean i should be chopping this weekend??? Ive been using plain water with run off for the last 3 weeks or so it wont need a flush like 5x whatever size gallon pot i been using?? And i wanna do really really good on the dry and cure this round these guys are sticky icky gorgeous ladies like frosted nugz if i got an ac running thats keeping that room at 73 degrees not sure on the humidity yet but should be low since the ac drys the air out and i also have a portable dehumidifier if rh goes above so much. What temp exactly should i be trying to aim for and what humidity??? I always jar em too early and shit goes funky after a few weeks in jar and rh shoots to 70 sometimes... cant i just totally dry em lkke 3 weeks and be ok? Is there a trick to it?? Should my bud stems and branfhes totally snap like dried out snap?? Mine usually bend to snapish. How should i go about this . Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Hey dank so i got a question you prolly can answer , so my flower room i just checked my gg4 and the buds are awesome looming and i checked trichs on a sugar leaf on a top bud. Now i see alot of cloudy and amber trichomes does that mean i should be chopping this weekend??? Ive been using plain water with run off for the last 3 weeks or so it wont need a flush like 5x whatever size gallon pot i been using?? And i wanna do really really good on the dry and cure this round these guys are sticky icky gorgeous ladies like frosted nugz if i got an ac running thats keeping that room at 73 degrees not sure on the humidity yet but should be low since the ac drys the air out and i also have a portable dehumidifier if rh goes above so much. What temp exactly should i be trying to aim for and what humidity??? I always jar em too early and shit goes funky after a few weeks in jar and rh shoots to 70 sometimes... cant i just totally dry em lkke 3 weeks and be ok? Is there a trick to it?? Should my bud stems and branfhes totally snap like dried out snap?? Mine usually bend to snapish. How should i go about this . Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Hey bro how's it going today :D I like to chop with the most cloudy and some amber clearly showing on calaxs, like 10% amber. Don't go off the leaf's. They always show amber first. I'm talking about the bud meat.

As far as what I prefer for drying. I chop, do a rough trim. Then hang as long as possible in a low temp room with humidity around 60 percent. It's usually not perfect, but as close as possible will have to do.

I dry in my basement. It's always cool and damp. I run a large dehumidifier set at 60 percent. I'm lucky in that aspect that I can control the RH in that area. When stems start to crack with a gentle hand bend. I then do final trim and jar with No humidity packs. I burp daily as needed. When I feel like they are perfect, then I put the 2 way 62% packs in for storage

I will put some in small jars later with 58% packs just for joint's. But large amounts for storage purposes get 62's

Hopefully that will help. The hay smell sometimes will hang around for a bit till it cures. Then you will get the true favor

I forgotten to mention that I have a 3'x3' drying tent. It's almost solely used for drying. With a 4" inline fan and carbon filter. I dial fan speed as needed to keep fresh air exchange and keep odors contained. I don't use any other fans in drying tent. I also believe that it helps to have it completely dark always in drying area. It's why I like the tent setup

Ah ok cool. I got my man cave always got the ac running on kow its probally in the 60s in their though. I got a dehumidifier in their as well. If i dry in the flower room temps with my man cave fan bring it down to 70 with lights out . Im almost thinking i need to run the ac a little above the lowest setting maybe 68? And ill run the dehumidi at 60 it works pretty good. I notice the 1st few days after chop the rh in the room goes up a bit prolly because the freshly chopped plants give a tad bit of moisture in their . I can never seem to get the buds dry enough to the point where the rh doesnt spike to 70 and that scares me alottt heh... my branches dont really snap more or less a light snapish pull so maybe ill just give it more time. Tbis stuff seems to be really nice so ill definately try to do a longer dry . Not so many leaves on this stuff cause i believe its more indica dominant with the narrow big leaves instead of the fat leaves like im use too and theres just so much more bud then leaf like my other stuff. Nursery guy picked the 4 strains out for me and the jugfernauts were a lucky grab from a good ounce of top shelf. So the 3 he picked out all kinda grew like the gg4 and i like that. Alot less leaf then im use to. Weirdedt shit though so i usually use 1k watts in my hoods but i got by far way way way wayyyy better results dialing them down to 600 and 750 watts. Ill never use 1k watts again. I used the super hortilux bulbs x4 and this shit is crazy brooo. Ill definately check those trichs on top of the buds to see where their at thx for the tip i remmeber thats the best way to tell but didnt know sugar leafs where that innacurate thx bro. Will letcha know when i see . Ill prolly wait till the weeknd to figure it all still need to transplant those big 1s in the gh into 100 gal pots etc and all my vege room stuff in their as well. Figure ill just chill on my flower room maybe till after summers over focus more on the gh. Thx again brother muchly appreciated.

Ah ok cool. I got my man cave always got the ac running on kow its probally in the 60s in their though. I got a dehumidifier in their as well. If i dry in the flower room temps with my man cave fan bring it down to 70 with lights out . Im almost thinking i need to run the ac a little above the lowest setting maybe 68? And ill run the dehumidi at 60 it works pretty good. I notice the 1st few days after chop the rh in the room goes up a bit prolly because the freshly chopped plants give a tad bit of moisture in their . I can never seem to get the buds dry enough to the point where the rh doesnt spike to 70 and that scares me alottt heh... my branches dont really snap more or less a light snapish pull so maybe ill just give it more time. Tbis stuff seems to be really nice so ill definately try to do a longer dry . Not so many leaves on this stuff cause i believe its more indica dominant with the narrow big leaves instead of the fat leaves like im use too and theres just so much more bud then leaf like my other stuff. Nursery guy picked the 4 strains out for me and the jugfernauts were a lucky grab from a good ounce of top shelf. So the 3 he picked out all kinda grew like the gg4 and i like that. Alot less leaf then im use to. Weirdedt shit though so i usually use 1k watts in my hoods but i got by far way way way wayyyy better results dialing them down to 600 and 750 watts. Ill never use 1k watts again. I used the super hortilux bulbs x4 and this shit is crazy brooo. Ill definately check those trichs on top of the buds to see where their at thx for the tip i remmeber thats the best way to tell but didnt know sugar leafs where that innacurate thx bro. Will letcha know when i see . Ill prolly wait till the weeknd to figure it all still need to transplant those big 1s in the gh into 100 gal pots etc and all my vege room stuff in their as well. Figure ill just chill on my flower room maybe till after summers over focus more on the gh. Thx again brother muchly appreciated.
Hey anytime :high-five:

Others hopefully will chime in with the process they use. It's all preference. So what I'm saying is take all advice noted. Then you will find out over time what works best for you.

I forgotten to mention that if I have big buds I break them down and put em in drying nets to dry.

I personally like thumb size buds. They dry more enenley imo. Think about trying to dry one size of a beer can next to one size of your thumb. They won't dry the same in same amount of time

Plus big ass buds don't fit in jars properly. But if they are all grape to thumb size they fit nicely in jars

I'm puffin rare darkness. It gets me chatty :lot-o-toke:.... :laughtwo:

Hey anytime :high-five:

Others hopefully will chime in with the process they use. It's all preference. So what I'm saying is take all advice noted. Then you will find out over time what works best for you.

I forgotten to mention that if I have big buds I break them down and put em in drying nets to dry.

I personally like thumb size buds. They dry more enenley imo. Think about trying to dry one size of a beer can next to one size of your thumb. They won't dry the same in same amount of time

Plus big ass buds don't fit in jars properly. But if they are all grape to thumb size they fit nicely in jars

I'm puffin rare darkness. It gets me chatty :lot-o-toke:.... :laughtwo:
Right on. Ya i know what you mean. Im not using quart jars anymore using the half gallon n gallon size jars. I hear quart size are better but theres just a bit more then id like to put in quart size. I never seen my buds like this b4 just seem bit better since i started really small trees. Thinknit might have something to do with the roots filling in while they flower rather then being filled and then starting flower. Iunno but seems better for me but im not a pro by far. Ya im hoping people chime in. At this point i wanna dry em for 3 or 4 weeks at a low temp and about 60 rh maybe even 50 1st few days then 60 for the remainder. With ac on too. I dried for like 2 weeks that way and still seem moist in jar. " when you burp your jars do you just do a quick burp or do you burp till rh goes down to where you want it?".

When burping I'll take lid off and make sure they are sitting loosely in the jars, not compacted together

Sometimes I'll pour them out on a tray to set out for a few. Sometimes half hour.

Times are dependant on how moist they are.

Just don't forget about them and let them dry out too much. Lol

Get some of those mini hydrometers Amazon has them. Put one in each jar burp the jars untill you get them to 62% them put the boveda pack's in.

^

What he said. I've been using bovedas for years and they take a lot of the effort out of getting the RH right. They'll even get puffy when they're too moist, so you know when the RH is too high.

^

What he said. I've been using bovedas for years and they take a lot of the effort out of getting the RH right. They'll even get puffy when they're too moist, so you know when the RH is too high.
Ya i been using the big boveda 62s and for a year now they havent dried out. I been using the same ones though and i swear its not working rigjt now but they havent dried out yet so i dunno wth lol . I use the big ones for pounds in 1 gal and half gal jars... am i doing it wrong?? Maybe theres too much moisture its actually remoisturing the boveda packs? I use hygrometers 2 sometimes 3 in each big jar and ill burp but now im sure im gonna dry em down to 62 even if i gotta let em sit out over night each time i check if it goes to 70 rh again. Cause it olmmost feels like im adding moisture to my buds when those bovedas are in their. Maybe i messed them up in the past and the scoence on em might be off a tad. Makes me wanna get big tub for each strain i got so that way i can toss a new pound boveda for a pound of flower. Or half pound. Boveda says if you use a larger size packet in a smaller amount of flower itll just work more efficiently but there definately not going down to 62 with these old moist bovedas. I swear though the 1st time i used em on my flower it seemed to work soooo well. But i might just need to get new packets smaller size and use the new bigger ones in bigger curing containers. Id hate to use plastic fontainers but that might be an option. Im predicting least 2 pounds at the least prolly closer to 3. From 4 different strains. But then again i thought something like that last time and it was only a bit over a pound.

Ya i been using the big boveda 62s and for a year now they havent dried out. I been using the same ones though and i swear its not working rigjt now but they havent dried out yet so i dunno wth lol . I use the big ones for pounds in 1 gal and half gal jars... am i doing it wrong?? Maybe theres too much moisture its actually remoisturing the boveda packs? I use hygrometers 2 sometimes 3 in each big jar and ill burp but now im sure im gonna dry em down to 62 even if i gotta let em sit out over night each time i check if it goes to 70 rh again. Cause it olmmost feels like im adding moisture to my buds when those bovedas are in their. Maybe i messed them up in the past and the scoence on em might be off a tad. Makes me wanna get big tub for each strain i got so that way i can toss a new pound boveda for a pound of flower. Or half pound. Boveda says if you use a larger size packet in a smaller amount of flower itll just work more efficiently but there definately not going down to 62 with these old moist bovedas. I swear though the 1st time i used em on my flower it seemed to work soooo well. But i might just need to get new packets smaller size and use the new bigger ones in bigger curing containers. Id hate to use plastic fontainers but that might be an option. Im predicting least 2 pounds at the least prolly closer to 3. From 4 different strains. But then again i thought something like that last time and it was only a bit over a pound.

The 62s will definitely keep them moist. Moister than you think they should be. Some people swear by the lower ones - 58s? :hmmmm: But I end growing a lot more herb than I can smoke and I have jars 1 and 2 years old. They keep really well! The most fragrant and tasty strains even get better. The buds stay pliable and soft and the flavor only goes danker. I can't say that the punch gets better - sometimes yes, sometimes no. But for long term, it seems like a little (a little) "too" moist works very well.

If it's just for a few months, I'd personally like mine a little drier. But the weather usually determines that once I pull it out of the jar anyway. Can't keep anything moist around here in the winter, and good luck keeping anything dry in the South. :laughtwo:

Anyway, 62 is safe. A boveda will feel Very puffy if it's holding too much ... and hey! Lol, I forgot - you can weigh 'em! 8 grams (or 32?) is what they come with. We all got us a gram scale. :slide:

Back
Top Bottom