Dark Before Harvest

I've read that cutting the lights and letting them sleep for at least 12 hours before harvest lets some of the nutrients and water in their vascular system drain from the plant to the roots. Which would theoretically help with the drying, curing and flavor of the harvested product. It's kind of like an extra mini flush. I do it, but have never experimented to know how big of a difference it is.

I've read that cutting the lights and letting them sleep for at least 12 hours before harvest lets some of the nutrients and water in their vascular system drain from the plant to the roots. Which would theoretically help with the drying, curing and flavor of the harvested product. It's kind of like an extra mini flush. I do it, but have never experimented to know how big of a difference it is.

Thank you sir! I have read in a couple places that the "Stitching Institute for Medical Marijuana", whoever they are, did a study and found that a dark period before harvest increased THC by 30% in genetically equivalent plants. CBD did not change. It's one of those things for me, if it doesn't hurt...why not. Kind of like not walking under a ladder, or stepping on cracks... Somebody on reddit said it better preserves the terpenes and oils before harvest and somebody else said the drain of nutes to the roots during dark as like an "additional flush". If it can't hurt, I am inclined to do it.

Back
Top Bottom