Dark Devil AF - 600W

darkdevil

Hi everybody!
This is my first grow.

Instead of doing one grow, I've decided to do two. Learn twice as fast that way, right?!

Tent 1
3x Dark Devil Autoflowering from Sweet Seeds & 1x Big Bud/Northern Lights

Tent 2
5x cuttings, details and dates to be confirmed.

Tent is up, lights are in, extractor fan enroute.

Both tents will have a 600w MH for veg and a 600w HPS for flower. I've read conflicting information on whether switching from MH/HPS on autoflowers is effective — does anyone have an insight into this please go ahead and share your experience.

Lighting schedule — for the autoflowering it seems as though 18/6 the entire way through is advisable.
I've decided to go DWC — it feels right. 4x Oxypot system on the way.

As for the other tent, I'm still waiting to hear back about the cuttings and keen to get the other four ladies started.

I have a few questions I haven't been able to find concrete answers on with my research if anyone with the experience/knowledge has a minute:

Will I be best germinating the seed directly into the netpot? Would I be fine just putting the seed in beside the clay pebbles, ensuring it was covered and let it search for the water? Or would it be advisable to put it into a rockwool cube or similar?

Is the hydration from the bubbles really enough for the seed to search down to reach into the reservoir? Or would I be best to spray from the top until I saw root development?

Nothings concrete on this grow and I'll be learning as I go! So hopefully some valuable insights to come for all. I'll research what I can and listen to what the ladies tell me.

I'll get some pictures up soon of the grow area/seedlings!

no pictures yet? im new here, i think im doing it wrong, all these journals have 1 post, i need 50 posts before i can have a journal so im just saying hello, i hope im doing this right, i want to follow some journals before i start my own, thank you

1st ? if they are autos plant seeds in the pot they are going to finish in. if not autos then you can grem them how ever you want.
2nd ? I would use rockwool or rapid rooters. Helps with keeping plant stable while it develop roots.
3rd ? yes. I do not use drips on mine. When roots have not dropped I put water level right at the bottom of netpot not on it or above. If you see plant leafs dropping then yes you can spray at the base of steam. No wear else or you risk burning.
My advice if you are not already doing so. Know your PH and PPM levels will make growing a lot funner and less problems.
Other then that I wish you the best and happy growing

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom