UseM's 1st Legal Recreational Grow

I been looking at the calendar again and earlier this week when i said it was first day of week 6
Wrong...it was actually first if wk7

Well i had been getting anxiously excited to flip to 12/12 and i think today is the day...i think i might be seeing a few preflower hairs on the Flo
420-magazine-mobile1729373011.jpg

and even the Pink Kush in DWC
420-magazine-mobile1015845183.jpg

hard to tell under HPS and i couldnt snap any non-fuzzy closeups holding the white light with my other hand

the more I look at other pics online the more I am afraid I am seeing mostly Male characteristics in my Flo (Sativa), the pic under HPS, but way the tip of those hairs are mostly swollen in my pic?

update on my babies before i nflix a few hours and crash

Eagle's Wings, as i called its appearance earlier is my leading Lava Berry Kush seedling...i love the Floral essence of these source BUDZ, predominant Indica high so i think ill set the sleep timmer on 90min

my smallest pink kush plants accidental clone looks Stelar seems to have the winner so far
420-magazine-mobile294197930.jpg

update on my babies before i nflix a few hours and crash

Eagle's Wings, as i called its appearance earlier is my leading Lava Berry Kush seedling...i love the Floral essence of these source BUDZ, predominant Indica high so i think ill set the sleep timmer on 90min

my smallest pink kush plants accidental clone looks Stelar seems to have the winner so far
420-magazine-mobile294197930.jpg
i should have clipped an update with "damage" pic from tbe broken branch

Anyone following along and hoping to keep things on the cheap, start your first grow with CoCo/Perlite blend for your medium, some lights and noots.

Even the small two bucket DWC system I have set up is costing me 7x as much just in nutrients, not to mention set-up cost and upgrades like making it a recirculating system instead of just a bubble bucket and the water chiller I have added. I did happen to catch it online for under three bills and it is large enough to run another 4-5 buckets if I decide to do an all DWC (or rather RDWC) grow in the future.

I know the Nutrients aren't going to waste now with the explosive growth Ive seen the past two feeding cycles, but when you dump ot 6.5 gallons of dark brown water it sure seems like there is a lot of waste

The results I've seen with DWC so far are encouraging, but far more costly to set-up and maintain

And Yes I did flip to 12/12 yesterday.

2x Coco
I flushed both of my girls in 2 gal Coco with 2 gal Carbon filtered tap water ph7.0 and then 2 gal of 5.8pH Carbon filtered tap water which I prepared ahead of time so it could all get to room temperature first. Tap water can be quit chilly here this time of of year.

1 gal each plant slowly till it went on each and then 30 min drain time and repeat with another gallon. I didn't test run-off pH because I have been doing that at least twice every week with the daily feeding/run-off.

I probably did not need to flush the Coco that excessively because I have been been doing feed/feed/water/feed/feed water, but i wanted to make sure to flush out all of the Heavy 16 VEG formula noots. Then both plants got topped off with 0.5 gallons of Heavy 16 Week 1 Bud formula at 50% strength.

I have a half gallon of Heavy 16 Week 1 Bud formula @ 100% that I will feed to them sparingly today, like 2 cups /500ml each. I'll save the other 1/4 gal and see how dry they are tomorrow. If they start drinking it up like they have been the Veg formula the last two weeks then I'll need a gallon in each hand very soon.

DWC
Something causing surface tension to increase around day 5. I have previously noticed foam form in my bubble buckets and it prompted me to do an early water change. As an RDWC system it was still there with this change, but I saw very little foam this time. If I hadn't been flipping noot solution to BUD I would have let it run two more days in that same solution.

I first drain off all noot solution and let the root-ball hang dry for 15 minutes before I add 6.5 gal of 5.8pH Carbon filtered tap water to which I added 7ml of H2O2, hydrogen peroxide. I let that water run in the system for 4 hours while I went and flushed the girls in Coco

with all this water I have to prepared ahead of time I definitely need to find a larger water storage reservoir to store ph'ed water at room temp in . ph'ing in 1 gallon jugs has become much of an assembly line, but still quite a pain when it takes 14-15 gallons to do a full reservoir change for even for my small 2 bucket system

oops posted to soon by accident

Second step with the DWC, so after four hours I add 5ml of a solution 28g of Pool Shock in one gallon of distilled water. I let that run in the system another 15 min before draining all the system one more time.

YES Pool shock, both it and the Peroxide additives I use only during water change. I got this tip from a video tip I saw online as a inexpensive and effective preventative for root/disease issues

after Draining off that water I let the root-ball rest in air for another 15 min before I start to add the 6.5 gal of prepared nutrient solution for the first week of budding cycle. I'm actually starting at about 65% of the recommended feeding schedule for the first week of flowering.
I'll bump it up to 100% over the first three days and see how she likes it

Day two of flowering update, Coco containers were surprisingly light at lights-on today
so they drank ALL the water/noots I gave them yesterday. Holy Cow...split the 1/2 gallon between them 60/40 : Flo/Pink
will make them each a full gallon for tomorrow

Dark period humidity is still getting up to 78%, light period humidity 65%
so it think I for-sure have to make room for the dehumidifier inside my tent soon
That high of humidity can't be good for flowering? Or if I don't resolve it now later it will be.

i think i need to start a second journal...to celebrate getting a panda to line the new veg room
420-magazine-mobile1442389909.jpg

it might be called UseM's 2nd Legal Recreational Grow, but I'll try to come up with something dif/better?

REGARDLESS of the name i have to CULL one plant and do it ASAP to keep it "Colorado Legal", Oh look one of them isn't in this pic, sorry baby...in the animal kingdom they call it abortion, and i feel so bad to do this to you, but it's the law :'(

Day 4 of flower and this is the first time I have seen huge changes in reservoir pH. Yesterday, as noted in a previous post I think, I upper the noots to 100% of Heavy16's Week 1 Bud feed schedule. What I actually did was start at 66% day 1 flower, 80% day 2 flower 100% day 3 flower. Now on day four I check RES pH and it reads 7.1 at lights on. Reservoir pH has never been over 6.5 which is where I have it down to now after adding about 9ml of pH Down 3ml at a time and checking pH every hour

Now I know different noots are absorbed better in dif pH ranges and she isn't showing any stress/noot-burn or deficiency/excess signs so I'm going to let her set at 6.5 for at least another 4 hours and check pH again before deciding on any any further adjustments.

I really want to get her down to at least 6.0pH , or preferably 5.7-5.8pH but at this point I honestly think it can be stretched out over the next 48hours....patience rather than emergency?

If I rush it I know I'll F it Up!

EDIT...shit just realize I totally spaced off checking out run-off pH for my girls in Coco...and I'm already over-thinking that they must be running hot to now but they looking sweet and no signs of issues last peek so let it ride, yeah?

As Much as I put into this journal I probably leave 3x as much out, but before I started it my hand written journal barely filled a full page. I like being able to include pics here for future reference!

EDIT...I was gonna add something note-worthy, but I think I'm to stoned..lol

OK, So the last time it got up to 50F outside here in CO I had high-temp probs in my tent. Upper Canopy temps got up to 86F for about an hour. I was napping when the High Temp alarm woke me :(

Day 4 of Flower and I'm already been thinking ahead about this matter, well we arein the middle of winter and my air/cooling solution does drawl it's air from outside. So to remedy the issue I am adjusting my light cycle slowly. I am doing 12/13 light/dark until lights on starts at sundown. This way the air coming into my system is as pre-chilled, by Nature, as possible

I guess I'm still a it worried because Humidity is so high all the time now.

In VEG I could barely keep it up at 65%RH, now it doesn't go below 65% RH without the tent open. Humidifier out a week ago. I tried adding a dehumidifier, but had high temp issues in the first hour. This was expected though, it's just how those units work. I think I'm more worried about humidity daring the dark period because dark period air replacement/circulation is </= 30% of daytime circulation.

I think I'm reading this humidity won't become an issue until flowering really sets on and builds up some mass/density, forming areas where mold could really be a problem.

IDK how well this stuff will even work but I had some moisture control stuff for closets that I haven't ever used, been store unopened for several years, still looks brand new. So I put two containers of that in the tent for now.

I'll keep a eye on plants regardless for any indication of mold/disease development, but due to high RH I haven't used the HEAVY FOLIAR formula to mist my plants in 7-10days.

Since it is this formula's Cal/Mag solution use is recommended once every 5 days with RO or Distilled Water. But since I started using all Carbon Filter Tap Water I will assume my plants will get some Calcium and Magnesium from my water supply. This being said I figure I don't need as much FOLIAR formula and used it at about half strength today. Following FOLIAR spray I left the tent open until RH dropped below 50% in the room before closing tent

Day 5 of Flower and Not Much to report other than I've raised the light 8 inches since the 12/12 flip since my plants are stretching 2-3"/day now. I think I mention before I was doing 12light/13dark actually to advance my light period to run during the coldest hours of the day/night.

Right now I'm running 400W HPS + 300W LED and lights on temp can exceed 80-82F in my tent if it's over 45-50F outside.
I want to be able to bump it up to 600W HPS + 300 LED after my girls start showing sex. That is hopefully in Week 2 BUD when I'll see all nothing but flowers?

Back
Top Bottom