UseM's 1st Legal Recreational Grow

these budz are so dense, even 1/2-3/4 g make a PHAT smoke

EDIT...a friend of mine that also bought an ounce of the same Pink Kush Budz from this source and then used his ounce to make some really nice shatter, the Pink Grapefruit aroma/flavor was displayed very apparently in the first puff and unlike some Lemon or Tangerine cross-breed wax and/or shatter that I have had previously (cough-cough)..but this Pink Grapefruit/Kush Shatter was very easy on the lungs...Yum, Yum !!!

Here is the rig i have set up for cooling my grow tent
drawling the Winter outside air in the cooler contains a carbon filter inside to ensure only clean air enter the grow space/tent
420-magazine-mobile806912503.jpg

ok so like i said the light is vented solo and the out-pull on the vents for temp control pull twice the cfs as the in vent for cooling (each has its own carbon filter ensurining only clean air enter the tent and garden smell is eliminated before it ever happens...and for those times i have her unzipped and naked i have a room air filter as backup for any leaky smells

EDIT...Not LIke it Really matters when I smoke some bud in the same dwelling 2-3x/day, thtshit smells yeah, but garden smell it doesn't go away in 90 mi or so and with bud smell you can always smoke outdoors if your expecting finicky company that day

the temp display fotr the tent also shows outside room's @ 70F

I have a shelf from a wire rack I want to set on top of the tent soon, it will hang far enough over each side as to allow me to hang things like cords, displays and venting, etc in the grow-room so it's outside's are as neat and organized as the recent inside-tent make-over I did yesterday.

so much to do...so many budz to look forward to...UseM;-)~

i haven't noted much on the amounts of nutrient soltion my ladies have been drinking, but they are LUSHES in week 6

back in week four a gallon of nutrient solution lasted all week or more like ten days for the two girls in Coco, and another gallon in just the last four days of week 5

I think today is the second day of week 6 and I gave them both a half gallon yesterday and didn't even notice that the FLO Sativa didn't even get any run-off from yesterdays feeding, but then she is about twice the size of the Pink Kusk in the same 70/30 mix of Coco/Perlite. So I gave FLO a whole gallon today just to get 10-15% run-off....run off PH is coming out at less than +0.5PH or rather it is coming out 6.4pH (Noot solution pH'ed to about 5.8-6.0)

NOTE: regarding PPM, using Heavy 16 Noots a TDS pen or EC meter is not required, Heavy 16 noots, for the most part, won't even register on your TDS device.I've tried, so if your looking to stay "Organic" Heavy16 noots aren't what your looking for. If that isn't an issue just follow the recommended feeding schedule and it's been mostly hassle free.

In Hindsight, I think that the minor high Noot burn issue that I experienced with the Pink Kush in DWC that I experienced was due not only to the fact that I added 3 days worth of Heavy Prime to the bucket one day, but also due to the fact that I was adding MORE of all NOOTS to the reservoir each day, instead of just adding ph'ed water. In order to maintain the water level in my DWC sysytem I had been feeding it the same noot solution I was giving the Coco plants each day.

What I should have been adding was just pH6.0 water, because as I understand now, except for adding Heavy prime daily through the cycle, all the rest of the noots that the DWC system needs for a 7 day DWC feeding rotation are already in the reservoir from day 1 of each rotation

There is a huge difference in size bettween the Pink Kush in DWC and the one in Coco...two plants in the left in pic below (though i did break a significant sized branch off the one in Coco a few days ago it hasnt seemed to stimulate it into bushing out like i expected)
420-magazine-mobile526204990.jpg

The FLO (Sativa) Plant in Coco/perlite on the right however is quickly becoming the biggest girl of the three though

Ill edit this post after i post pics on water quality below this post

OK so I have been using water from all over the place...lol ;-)~
Tap, Distilled and RO water...usually a blend, but always 6.0pH before adding noots

I should have asked at the hydro store sooner, but I remembered my water company bragging about having the absolute best quality water in the entire State of Colorado, according to whatever the most recent years statistics were...well apparently, and I have asked at a half-dozen different hydro stores now, that apparently they tell that to the water customers in the next county over IN ALL FOUR DIRECTIONS..yup my County and the four counties in each the North, South, East and West directions all claim to have the best water in Colorado, according to some certificate they got in year X...

I am not buying anymore RO or Distilled water, the people at every Hydro Store in 5 counties that I have asked ALL simply carbon filter and pH the local tap water, "But if you want to buy an RO Water System, here is a catalog from our supplier and we would be happy to order which ever filter you want....blah, blah, blah" A

And my next stop was Walmart where I bought a $50 under the sink carbon filter system, rated for 6 months/2000 gallons of drinking quality water. Took me less than 30 min to install

NOTE: before the Carbon filter installation today my tap water previously averaged 154-169 PPM

109 PPM reading on the Charcoal filtered tap water I am using, SORRY, I know it looks like 601, that is because the image is inverted
420-magazine-mobile1676868265.jpg

183 PMM 100% Heavy16 VEG formula
420-magazine-mobile315946992.jpg

As I indicated in an earlier post, a TDS pen won't do you much good beyond testing your Source Water Quality when using Heavy 16 Noots,

Week2 Coco VEG Formula as recommenced is:

1ml/gal Heavy Roots
2ml/gal Heavy Prime
1ml/gal Heavy Fire
2.5/ml/gal Heavy Finish
10ml/gal Veg-A
10ml/gal Veg-B

after adding ALL that to just one gallon of 109PPM Carbon filtered 6.0 pH'ed Tap water my TDS Pen reads only 183PPM. Not much higher PPM than before the water was filter

And boy do my girl's drink the F outta this stuff and they looking good for it...YEAAAH!

Is there anything I am leaving out? Journal wise I mean, or anything else I should be watching out for?

So far I have only seen one 'bug' in my tent and it was a good sized spider so I left it alone and never saw any evidence that it stuck around, so I assume there wasn't anything for it to eat an it left on it's own

my biggest fear, due to the seed source being just seeds from outdoor budz, is that all three of these ladies might turn out to be Gents :'(

so I went online a few days ago and bought some Feminized seeds from CKS. it seems to me that more people on here have threads about CKS Purple Kush than any other single variety....

420-magazine-mobile1378428856.jpg

from what ive been reading that is 3× as much light as i need in VEG...i assumed i was wasting some light/energy when i added the 300W LED but the results have been encouraging me to just keep BLOWING them up?

how much is to much? it doesnt seem to be hurting them

EDIT...there are a few other measurements in the screen shot there, at soil height almost 17K Lumens and a few inches from the light source 52K...34K is the lumens reading at the max height of the canopy

EDIT #2: I guess this means I WON"T be using that "Super Lumens" setting on my ViviSun Light Fixture, I was worried it might lead to shorter bulb-life but it looks like I won't be needing it regardless?

OK so the last couple of days at lights on the humidity has been really high, like 75-78% RH
after about 5 hrs of lights on levels off at 60-62% RH

I am worried this is still to high and may led to mold/mildew issues soon, but I don't want to have to make room for a dehumidifier in my 4x4 tent. I guess I'll have to keep a close eye on this matter and if room needs be made it needs be made?

i am drawling in the outside air for cooling purposes (accu-weather say 57% RH outside today), filtered before entering the tent of course

EDIT...I discovered that outside the Tent in the room where I grow the RH was really-really high, 90%+
so i went ahead and stuck a dehumidifier into the room for now. I will look and see how that effects the tents own RH over the next 48hrs before deciding to stick a dehumidifier IN the Tent

Back
Top Bottom