UseM's 1st Legal Recreational Grow

420-magazine-mobile182000121.jpg

please Note: HEAVY16 Noots can cause amdark patches to appear in think root clusters...i think?

I guess it's finally time I add to the multitude of info I left out in this grow journal

11/30/16 Day Zero
A mix of mostly Pink Kush and a few Flo seeds a dozen in total were started by soaking in 6.0 pH Distilled water for 12 hrs and then seeds that had noticeably taken on water were transfer to a paper towel in a plastic container with heat (~82F) for 36hrs. When good tap roots showed seedlings were transferred, 3 to rock wool and 5 in rapid rooter plugs in humidity dome with heat added, lights used for seedlings; 6400K T5 florescent grow light & 3200K CFL 200W Equivalent

Because my Tent was late arriving the seedling were kept in humidity dome, for long 5 days. I opened humidity control slots to full by day three and did not add any more moisture except once a day watering and with Heavy 16 seedlings/cuttings 100% feed schedule and a very light misting of 30% Heavy 16 foliar formula

Day7, Tent is up
I transfer 2x Flo and 1x Pink Kush into 100% Coco, prewashed with PH 5.5 Distilled H2O
I transfer 2x Pink Kush to 5 gallon Bubble Buckets
(Next time I will start VEG with 3.5 gallon buckets, to avoid wasting a LOT of Noots in those early days, my DWC girls could have easily waited until week 5/6 of VEG to go into 5 gallon buckets

DWC and Coco feed Heavy16 at 50% Week 1 VEG schedule for first 3 days in tent with HPS light @ 250W (as stated somewhere else, i would have started with the MH bulb in the fixturehad i know to do so sooner)

Through day 15:
DWC put on Heavy16 at 100% Week 1 VEG schedule reservoir pH 6.0 DWC also gets a once daily Heavy Prime noot bump as recommended on Heavy 16's website)
Coco feed Heavy16 at 100% Week 1 VEG schedule pH 6.0 once daily till minimum 10% runoff is seen

Day 16 Bumping the lights to bumping the lights to 400W produced High Temp probs, but as noted earlier I had also added a small propane torch to boost CO2 on this same day, which in hidsight was the reason for high temp probs. Anyway it never got over 85F so it wasn't a big deal. I first tried controlling DWC reservoir temps via Ice Bottles but reservoir temps were going all over the place from down to 63F up to 73F. That did prompt me to Rig the cooling system to first hit the DWC Buckets which I had wrapped in a cardboard skirt. which worked well to keep temps at about 69F lights on and 65F lights off

BTW I have been using an 18/6 light schedule since the first day in the tent, why not 24/0 to start? I was told that my ladies need to rest sometime.

Day 18 first day of Heavy 16 Week 2 VEG feed schedule added humidifier set @ 50% RH
initially I was letting any run-off water from feedings sit to help boost humidity but that wasn't working so well and run off still needed to be cleaned up from time to time

Day 25 REPEAT Heavy 16 Week 2 VEG feed schedule as recommended on website for both Coco and DWC

Day 26 Pink Kush in Coco looked a bit wiltty, so flush with one quart of PH 5.5 Distilled H2O after drained feed 50% week2 VEG

Day 27 Through the first half of lights on cycle I started to "PonyTail" each of the four plants I had kept up to this point using twist ties I had saved from equipment cords.

Day 29 Transplanted both plants in Coco to two gallon pots with 70% Coco + 30% Perlite both prewashed with 5.5 pH Dist H2O...this is around week 5 here and I continued repeating Heavy 16 Week2 Veg Feed Schedule and Pontailing each plant and some minor trimming daily

late in Week Five I decided to just trash one of the DWC plants, it just wasn't doing well though it surely would have produced a single nice kola at some point it just wasn't worth wasting noots on anymore. It was very leafy, yet small compared to the other three plants

Today is officially the first day of week 6

Time to...UseM ;-)~

Some quick pics first though

this is the Pink Kush that I had high noot issues with 2.5 days ago. So glad I caught that issue in the first 8-12hrs.

None of the the newest growth displays Chicken Claws

420-magazine-mobile507887674.jpg

BTW i've left the lights on for the last 48hrs since restarting week six feed schedule. This Flo (Sativa) has really blown up in that short time

420-magazine-mobile1606540799.jpg

So ive got a camp stove with white gas in it and i let it run during the day while the lights are on but theres no way to gauge the ppm of co2 in the air. But i like what you say so im going to stick around a learn a few things.

each to their own and mine to smoke

intended to "like" that post much earlier friend ;-)~

Back
Top Bottom