UseM's 1st Legal Recreational Grow

Weed nap right after lights on today...smoked to much wirh my girls today...lol
to celebrate getting humidity down to 50% at lights on
i don't think this stuff will last long though...bottom one us 1/3 gone in just 24hrs
420-magazine-mobile724709008.jpg

Top "stuff" may last longer...but i noticed today it has some type of deodorizer in it...WTF?
420-magazine-mobile758591517.jpg

day 8 flower, I put my my RDWC on blank H2O very very late yesterday, like 3AM, just before lights out added 7ml H2O2 /
barely got tent zipped up before lights went out
will start adding week two HEAVY BUD Formula at lights on today...what a PITA waiting some days though, for future reference, place DWC Reservoir OUTSIDE the tent so you can dd RES changes after hours (wait AFTER? cause I'm awake....lol)/during lights out

EDIT...Ill start RDWC today at 75% WK 2 HEAVY16 BUD formula 6.5gal RES so I'll use the 8th gallon of per-prepped noots to get her up to 100% ASAP...if she drinks a half gallon of H2O, but if she drinks a whole gal in one day 100% will come sooner

RWDC: Day 10 of Flower
With-in 24 hours of topping off to 100% Week 2 HEAVY BUD Formula I saw a repeat of pH spike just like i saw in Week 1
4.5ml pH Down waited 3 hours and repeated with another 4.5ml pH Down.
I'll double check in another 3 hours but i expect to find it stable at 5.8-6.1pH, same as last week

no issue with the ladies in Coco: run off <6.8pH

I have my ladies from my second grow in here for now two, just for this week until I find a better VEG lighting option

Bamboo SCROG
420-magazine-mobile1270781935.jpg

right now it is solely the weight of the bamboo holding it in place and i think that will work permanently.

I bought these first thinking i would need them to hold-up some thickest branches in flower, but it's just the opposite in practice. I gotta put them down/hold them down, mostly due to the amount of stretch in just the first 2 weeks of Flower....so that's Kewl!

EDIT...Note to Self, you bought 3' poles for a 4x4 tent, Face Palm ;-)~

i did a lot of lolly-popping prior to installing that scrog.

A little sad i did't know anyone to take a few Free clones . today.

You can see that i has already stripped the lowest growth off many of these 2 weeks ago.
More than Half the lower branches that i did this to thefirst time around, 2 weeks ago, they grew and stretched enough to join the upper 16-18 inches of canopy.

Some required a little tuck/training to get up there this past week. None of those got trimmed of course if they were long enough to touch the scrog today or to at least get tucked into the 16-18" of top canopy.

420-magazine-mobile1995263183.jpg

That wasn't the biggest handfull of Defol/lolly-popping material i threw in the bin. That is just the rattiest handful from from the first plant of three

Flo, Pink & Baby Pink all gave up multiple handfulls if material that didnt reach the upper 16-18 inches of canopy.
i'm like you. I always think about who could need my trimmings. I hate wasting cuttings !! This time, I'm gonna use them myself, as i've had last two batches of clones fail to root. one because of slime & next one because rh got so low that it killed them. These were both preventable and both my fault. low rh is a killer to clones !! I've read your grow and I'm subbed. how close are you to Grealy Co. ?

And Yes I did flip to 12/12 yesterday.

2x Coco
I flushed both of my girls in 2 gal Coco with 2 gal Carbon filtered tap water ph7.0 and then 2 gal of 5.8pH Carbon filtered tap water which I prepared ahead of time so it could all get to room temperature first. Tap water can be quit chilly here this time of of year.

1 gal each plant slowly till it went on each and then 30 min drain time and repeat with another gallon. I didn't test run-off pH because I have been doing that at least twice every week with the daily feeding/run-off.

I probably did not need to flush the Coco that excessively because I have been been doing feed/feed/water/feed/feed water, but i wanted to make sure to flush out all of the Heavy 16 VEG formula noots. Then both plants got topped off with 0.5 gallons of Heavy 16 Week 1 Bud formula at 50% strength.

I have a half gallon of Heavy 16 Week 1 Bud formula @ 100% that I will feed to them sparingly today, like 2 cups /500ml each. I'll save the other 1/4 gal and see how dry they are tomorrow. If they start drinking it up like they have been the Veg formula the last two weeks then I'll need a gallon in each hand very soon.

DWC
Something causing surface tension to increase around day 5. I have previously noticed foam form in my bubble buckets and it prompted me to do an early water change. As an RDWC system it was still there with this change, but I saw very little foam this time. If I hadn't been flipping noot solution to BUD I would have let it run two more days in that same solution.

I first drain off all noot solution and let the root-ball hang dry for 15 minutes before I add 6.5 gal of 5.8pH Carbon filtered tap water to which I added 7ml of H2O2, hydrogen peroxide. I let that water run in the system for 4 hours while I went and flushed the girls in Coco

with all this water I have to prepared ahead of time I definitely need to find a larger water storage reservoir to store ph'ed water at room temp in . ph'ing in 1 gallon jugs has become much of an assembly line, but still quite a pain when it takes 14-15 gallons to do a full reservoir change for even for my small 2 bucket system

I would try to cover those holes you got in the 5gal with square bucket on top if light can get to water or to a lightly colored bucket it can surely feed algua

I would try to cover those holes you got in the 5gal with square bucket on top if light can get to water or to a lightly colored bucket it can surely feed alga

Thanks...yeah the main Problem being it was not a black bucket lid and it leaks light.
So I'm actually using a dark colored towel that I can change out as needed. It does need to be changed I'll explain why below

I did some alterations to the system, adding a water chiller, around the time I flipped to 12/12 and Pink was just to big to try and take the whole system out of the tent. I did't want bits of plastic floating around in my RDWC, so i ran the new hoses to incorporate the chiller into the top of the bucket and just rest the lid on top.

Even if I get a black bucket lid now, I still can't snap the lid on without making further alterations. with the lid sitting loose the airstone to make a small bit of mist that leaks. The towel covering the top seems to be catching that mist, which I think was contributing to high humidity problems I was having. If it feels at all damp I just change the towel and that seems to have shaved 6-7 points off my average RH% each day

Day 19 of Flower

So yeah i been anxious to post some new pics Slowpuffer. I just been waiting to see solid flowering across all three plants.

I had to add a second layer to my BAMBOO SCROG earlier this week I took some lousy pics then and I just been to busy to take anymore.

With all the stretch it was becoming impossible to bend and tuck into the first layer any more. You cant even see the first layer of it through the canopy anymore.
420-magazine-mobile699141786.jpg

Something else...Flo my Sativa is a Tent Hog. This girl has branches that strech far into Indica Territory. Here's one of her flowers poping up on the far side of Baby Pink
420-magazine-mobile1803252397.jpg

More Flo
420-magazine-mobile1684451449.jpg

Nic pic hey
Im going to try to take more flash pics in the future, Pink is just starting to show flowers and HPS is terrible for pic quality
420-magazine-mobile915639083.jpg

i think i need to start a second journal...to celebrate getting a panda to line the new veg room
420-magazine-mobile1442389909.jpg

it might be called UseM's 2nd Legal Recreational Grow, but I'll try to come up with something dif/better?

REGARDLESS of the name i have to CULL one plant and do it ASAP to keep it "Colorado Legal", Oh look one of them isn't in this pic, sorry baby...in the animal kingdom they call it abortion, and i feel so bad to do this to you, but it's the law :'(

So sad!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom