Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Stone Otter, I had the same issues with earthworm compost/soil. My entire second batch of autos decided to stall out once the roots hit the compost areas. I ended up repotting them all into a different mix. I'm thinking I'll be mixing mushroom or earthworm compost into a bin and letting the mix cook over the warmer months and break down finer.
I never had trouble with straight soil Al. Then I read things. That's where the problems began :) . My 4 autos went in to soil and had no problems. No more mixing for starting seeds for me unless something changes. Old school prevails sometimes I guess.

One of our better representations of how the DDA fills the trichome stems with that lovely red oil. :thumb: I saw lots of amber starting in this shot. In my garden it would have been drying already.

Have fun harvesting? The DDA harvest was always my favorite. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I harvested one at day 75 I believe for Sue and she raved about. I'm pleased with 85 days for the DDA. I remember pulling up the Sweet Seeds site a year or so ago. Don't quote me on this but I believe the site said 8 or 9 weeks from seed so you're right in their window right? I say go for it. See what you get. May be the best yet.

I just looked at the Sweet Seeds description on the Seedsman site for their DDA and it says the following:

Flowering Time63 days max.

He speaks the truth. That DDA was marvelously euphoric. IMO it comes down to what you want from the buzz, or how you plan to use the plant’s essential oils as medicine. I prefer that racy high that makes my hands tremble. :laughtwo: I ended up harvesting as soon as I saw substantial cloudy developing.

I’ve been happy to sample DDA from the gardens of many of our members, and I have yet to find one I didn’t enjoy, regardless of trichome coloration.

I couldn’t be more pleased to see this thread clicking along, striving to better understand ways to maximize yield and potency of this delicious chemovar. I spent the past half hour before posting gasping in pleasure at the sheer beauty of each and every plant.

That green pheno is one beeeeautiful girl. :woohoo:

I fly home this evening. Reading this thread makes me want to grab some to start my day in the morning. I have tasty cob to begin and flower to chase it with. Should be a fun day getting back into my rhythm. :slide:

Gasp! Oh my gosh....... beautiful stoneotter. :high-five: No wonder we’re so addicted to growing them. :love:
Hi Sue, this creature is like one of my kids in that I couldn't stop doting on them. They captured my attention in the second week and carried me through the whole grow. Each of the 4 expressing as different as imaginable! Already I'm looking forward to the next time I grow these. That said in the time I've grown I only regrew 1 plant, a strawberry cough. Still haven't smoked any. I do love reading your descriptions of the joyous experience.

I have to say that all the previous DDA I have grown all smelled pretty much alike. This one is different for sure. I pick up on a very light fuel aroma in the background. The sweet, floral fragrance is still the first thing you smell but the fuel is there. I also note that growing the DDA this time, for the first time in soil the aroma is not as strong overall as when in the hempy pot with Mega Crop nutrients. Maybe the DDA is one of those strains that likes the synthetic nutrients.

All the previous examples which were all grown in hempy were as green and happy as could be all the way till harvest. I had one growing when Sue visited. It was at sprout +75 days when she was looking at it and she was surprised it was that far along and still so green looking. Hempy and Mega Crop the DDAs love.

All the previous examples which were all grown in hempy were as green and happy as could be all the way till harvest. I had one growing when Sue visited. It was at sprout +75 days when she was looking at it and she was surprised it was that far along and still so green looking. Hempy and Mega Crop the DDAs love.
I'd agree beez. Mine all turned fall colors in dirt. LOS Waaaaay before that. Nice observing.

Back
Top Bottom