Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

So Im on the fence here Guys and Gals

Too top or not too Top... Is my Question

My Current Photo's are dong spectacular, topped and LST, again this is still my 1st grow in 30yrs

My thought, since I have plenty of seeds for a couple more grows, is to just LST these babies, see how they go, them maybe try different avenue next run

Really appreciate yer advice all
:Namaste:

Stav

I'd always recommend you go with what feels best to your gut, but I assure you, the DDAs respond positively to a single topping about node 4-5. Follow that topping with some creative LST and you can pull multiple ounces from a single plant.

Rifleman grows in hydro and blows the limit off his harvests every time without topping. Damn, those trees he grows are pretty! :laughtwo: Someday we'll end up in the same geographic setting and we can compare the hydro to the soil. I recently succeeded in pulling over two ounces from one in a hempy, but I can't recall without searching whether I topped that one. I was a little nervous about my first attempt at hempy, and I may have missed the topping.

I'd always recommend you go with what feels best to your gut, but I assure you, the DDAs respond positively to a single topping about node 4-5. Follow that topping with some creative LST and you can pull multiple ounces from a single plant.

Rifleman grows in hydro and blows the limit off his harvests every time without topping. Damn, those trees he grows are pretty! :laughtwo: Someday we'll end up in the same geographic setting and we can compare the hydro to the soil. I recently succeeded in pulling over two ounces from one in a hempy, but I can't recall without searching whether I topped that one. I was a little nervous about my first attempt at hempy, and I may have missed the topping.

Maybe I will Top them both..Guess Ill see how they grow, then decide.

So Far I am Liking the FFOF soil. My others are on Day 25 in Veg and still no need for Nutes yet, just some CalMag

I think ill go hit the Hydro Store today and get my 600w HID with both veg and flower bulbs. My Little 2x4 tent is getting Full... need ta move some to the 4x4

Love this Thread.. the DD's are soooooooo Sexy:circle-of-love:

Day239.jpg

Hello all,

a lot has changed, a lot of new Plants to look at here since my last visit. I hope everyone has success with his Dark Devil and can enjoy this fantastic Smoke as i did before. To be honest, i was not able to finish off my Journal because of many changes in my personal environment. At least i was able to finish off my DD and i want to share that with you all :circle-of-love:

First, let me show her to you, some of you may Remember her :)
20161120_1832101.jpg
20161120_1833131.jpg

She yielded 115g dry at all and was particulary harvested with a difference of 12 Days between first and second harvest. i can definitly not recommend to do that with that strain. Here are some Trichrome shots from the first harvest

IMG_20161118_174451961.jpg
IMG_20161118_174431769.jpg

Here from the second harvest

IMG_20161125_143947840_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161125_144048587_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161125_144206111_HDR.jpg

For my Flavour, first harvest was just not as strong as the second one. My Idea was, to have different kinds of High, more or less Couchlock. But in the end i can say that there was no couchlock even with her going 12 more Days. First harvest was just not so long lasting in case of the High, while beeing not so intensive in case of flavour on the other Hand. Dont get me wrong, it was still nice tasting and a smooth, creative High that made me smile. But all the effects just increased with the second harvest. All at all, a very very nice strain that will have a place in my Heart for ever. And in the Hearts of my friends too. Nobody of us tasted, smelled and smoked something like this before.

Now, lets move to the more interesting part. Of course i started to grow more of them, and as i promised in my Journal, in a much bigger Pot and with her Nutes maxed out from the beginning on. Here are some short Facts:

1 Dark Devil
250W Dual Spectrum HPS by GIB Lighting
35l Pot with a lot extra wholes drilled in at it´s bottom
Grown in very very Light Soil by CompoSana (20% Perlite)
Nutes: Hesi BloomComplex, RootComplex, SuperVit, PhosphousPlus
Training: LST from the beginning on

She was grown in this Pot from the beginning on, fed first Time at Day 7 (1/8 Scheme), after that there was not a single Watering without feeding except a flush to get the salt out at Day 45. The growth of this plant was pretty different to the Last one i did. She showed first signs of Preflower at Day 35 after germination, the one before did it at Day 21. This Plant is now at Day 64, the old one was finished in about 75 Days. The new one is far away from finish, to be honest, she has completly rooted it´s pot at Day 62. You can now see Floring starting to get really in, there is recognizable growth for the buds since then. I was worried about her slow flowering first, but then i checked it was just because of her big Pot. She is drinking 10L of Water every 3-4 Days with a runoff arround 2L. Feeding Sheme is 25ml/10l BloomComplex, 25ml/10l RootComplex, 25ml/10l PhosphourusPlus and 0.1ml/10l Supervit.

But finally, take a look by yoursefl :)

IMG_20170405_173727201.jpg
IMG_20170405_173706946.jpg
IMG_20170405_173641967.jpg
IMG_20170405_173533177.jpg
IMG_20170405_173517450.jpg
IMG_20170405_173436259.jpg
IMG_20170405_173416228.jpg
IMG_20170405_173407033.jpg
IMG_20170405_173336480.jpg
IMG_20170405_173311364_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170405_173241483.jpg

Thanks, Sue. The photos I posted here last night were taken with my phone camera and not the macro lens that I posted with before so I'm happy with the detail I got.

As far as starting more Dark Devils, Felonious and I haven't talked about it. I just kind of assumed that we wouldn't be starting anymore inside right now since spring planting outside is around the corner. You could post the question on our grow journal and I could ask Felonious to respond to you there.

I definitely love the looks of those dark buds. Looking forward to trying your favourite strain and heck, I might even make some brownies.
:laughtwo:

80 days - that's a good run, and I'm loving all the foxtailing they had going on. :high-five: Excellent work Felonius! Don't you just love all this milky trichomes across that dark purple field? I'm almost out of the DDA I didn't set aside for a future oil run and I'm already missing the purple buds in the bowl.

Reps on the harvest. Are you starting another couple to replace these? :laughtwo:

One of my favorite journals on here. :bravo::volcano-smiley:

My 2nd Dark Devil so far, now 67 Days old. reduced N with her last feeding but still up with P and K. Budding up nicely at the Moment.

IMG_20170408_210912327_1_.jpg

Day 67, eh? She doesn't look like she's ready to stop dancing to me. Do you get the same vibe over there with her Crocodoc? How much longer are you planning on letting her go? That's an explosion of buds you have going there. :thumb:

She is still streching a bit about 3,5 cm in the last two days. It felt like she started to increase stretching at day 63, getting a little slower the last 2 days

My last two, which were my largest DDA to date didn't stop until day 60ish. Slower than others I'd grown. :thumb:

I had an Idea, let´s see if she is still stretching by ourselfs. I marked the wall of my Closet as you can see below. I also marked the point, the picture was taken from, what means that picture perspective remains the same with every new picture. Meisurement is in centimeter.
IMG_20170409_034112505_1_.jpg

Nice idea Crocodoc. I've considered something along those lines myself, but I was thinking a tape measure or two tacked up.

I find mine don't stretch so much. It may be because I contain them so tightly in early veg. I'm still trying to figure out how arteekay and Jay pulled off 4-6 ounces with their autos. Someday I'll get there. :cheesygrinsmiley: I have Rifleman's inspiring grows pushing me to do better and all of you making me so pleased that I started this thread. :love:

She's filling out nicely for you. Mine are at the early flowering stage. DDA7 hasn't started yet and DDA6 will get her first CAT next watering (I forgot about it today and gave her plain water. :oops:).

I'm very sad to inform that my Dark Devil (Yolanda) Some bad FUNGUS GNATS got of hold of her and her soil by the time they started to show in the tent I took action!!! I hung fly traps all over got some yellow sticky pads put a few on the walls of the tent then let the pots dry out and watered with a 4:1 peroxide to kill the larvae figured I won 2 days later everywhere again and this time more of them !!!!! So of course rinse lather repeat !!!!! Few days goes by they are all over again. Finally yesterday I went to Walmart got some new soil new pots peroxide a little spice bottle of cinnamon and some more fly traps!! I took the my DARK DEVIL and dug by hand to the bottom of the fabric pot so I didn't break any roots now I know that your not supposed to transplant Autos but it was being eaten alive y bugs and you could see she was sick!!! Then I put her roots and soil and all into a bucket of water let the soil loosen up around the roots and slowly agates her back and forth now I can see I got 95% of the soil off of her roots it was into a bath or 4:1 Peroxide to kill any remaining bugs, larvae ,pathogens ,fungus ,mold , and anything else. Then it was into new pots and new soil trying to layer the roots as best as I could so they where not just down the middle of he pot but more in layers fanned out 360 degrees as best as I could in like 3 layers. Sorry for the long winded post I'm upset that my girl got the "BUGS" ! NOW PLZ IF YOU ALL COULD SAY A PRAYER FOR HER RECOVERY OR IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FEEL FREE TO SAY SOMETHING !! Hey at least she didn't get crotch crickets!!! Lol !!!' Live-Love -Learn

I'm very sad to inform that my Dark Devil (Yolanda) Some bad FUNGUS GNATS got of hold of her and her soil by the time they started to show in the tent I took action!!! I hung fly traps all over got some yellow sticky pads put a few on the walls of the tent then let the pots dry out and watered with a 4:1 peroxide to kill the larvae figured I won 2 days later everywhere again and this time more of them !!!!! So of course rinse lather repeat !!!!! Few days goes by they are all over again. Finally yesterday I went to Walmart got some new soil new pots peroxide a little spice bottle of cinnamon and some more fly traps!! I took the my DARK DEVIL and dug by hand to the bottom of the fabric pot so I didn't break any roots now I know that your not supposed to transplant Autos but it was being eaten alive y bugs and you could see she was sick!!! Then I put her roots and soil and all into a bucket of water let the soil loosen up around the roots and slowly agates her back and forth now I can see I got 95% of the soil off of her roots it was into a bath or 4:1 Peroxide to kill any remaining bugs, larvae ,pathogens ,fungus ,mold , and anything else. Then it was into new pots and new soil trying to layer the roots as best as I could so they where not just down the middle of he pot but more in layers fanned out 360 degrees as best as I could in like 3 layers. Sorry for the long winded post I'm upset that my girl got the "BUGS" ! NOW PLZ IF YOU ALL COULD SAY A PRAYER FOR HER RECOVERY OR IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FEEL FREE TO SAY SOMETHING !! Hey at least she didn't get crotch crickets!!! Lol !!!' Live-Love -Learn

Suggestion.. Please never do all that again :laughtwo: I know our ladies make us do all kinds of things but fungus gnats are really easy to get rid of and the solution is organic. Bacillus thuringiensis strain israelensis. It's found in a product called Mosquito Dunks. Put a quarter of an MD in a gallon of water, wait a day and water normally. The gnats will be gone within a week and won't come back for a good month. A pack is around $8 USD.

Otherwise, good recovery vibes being sent :Namaste::circle-of-love:

Sounds like you did everything you could. These things happen LTS. :hug: :love: We'll send lots of positive energy her way.

Take the gypsy's advice. The stuff works. Use it in your waterings for a month and they should all be gone by then. Yeah.... I know it's overkill, but when you've had them it tends to drive you in that direction. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom