Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

I like that curious mind. :laughtwo: My recent run had 3 DDAs running in two different soils and a hempy. It's been quite the comparison. Three plants of the same strain that looked totally individual from each other. The two growing in LOS were more potent than the one in hempy, but the hempy was damned potent in its own right. The one grown in LOS and under the Timber Vero240 outperformed the others on all counts and has become my go-to smoke at this time.

I started the experiment because I'd never grown with bottled nutrients before and hempy fascinated me. I wasn't expecting the plant to dry and cure so smooth and potent. Now I'm experimenting by growing a Carnival in a hempy, in LOS and in Doc Bud's kit soil. Previous I'd only chosen the kit soil for Carnival, but I learned to clone so I had all of these plants to play with......

One of the finer points about cannabis cultivation is how easily the plant allows you to play and tweak without risking the loss of a harvest. Heartiest plants growing out of the dirt, wouldn't you say?

What i mean is, exact same conditions, same light for every plant, same everything unless the differences i named before. That would be very interesting to know about. I don´t have any Idea of Organic growing, and i´m just a Beginner at all. Maybe, when time and room comes, i will do this. Hopefully, it´s easy to learn about Organic. I spend about 3 Month with reading every possible Information i could find about growing autoflowers. If i have to do the same for organic it will be a long time to wait for some results. Otherwise, while i was reading a lot, there where some growers that say that basically it makes no difference in smoke quality if you flush your Plant before Harvest or give it the full Beanz of Nutes till the very end. They said, it´s all about a good cure. And when that is like that, it´s hard to believe there is any difference between Organic and Bottle Nutes. But this is my, not practically proven, theory. I definitly have to learn more about this all.

And yeah, you´re exactly right. It´s the dirt where you find gold in :)

What i mean is, exact same conditions, same light for every plant, same everything unless the differences i named before. That would be very interesting to know about. I don´t have any Idea of Organic growing, and i´m just a Beginner at all. Maybe, when time and room comes, i will do this. Hopefully, it´s easy to learn about Organic. I spend about 3 Month with reading every possible Information i could find about growing autoflowers. If i have to do the same for organic it will be a long time to wait for some results. Otherwise, while i was reading a lot, there where some growers that say that basically it makes no difference in smoke quality if you flush your Plant before Harvest or give it the full Beanz of Nutes till the very end. They said, it´s all about a good cure. And when that is like that, it´s hard to believe there is any difference between Organic and Bottle Nutes. But this is my, not practically proven, theory. I definitly have to learn more about this all.

And yeah, you´re exactly right. It´s the dirt where you find gold in :)

ShiggityFlip has a process of reduced nutes right up to harvest, although his grows are now all Doc's kit, which kinda says so much about the kit. Someday I'll figure out how to use it that well. :laughtwo:

The organic soil discussion thread has some excellent information on organics and Cannabis. Some of our best and brightest organic cultivators on the site have contributed to it. That would be an excellent place for you to start. Robert Celt (he used to go by TheCelt) alone is worth seeking out in his own threads. He's off working in the wilds of Canada right now, but he has a mass of valuable material posted.

It can feel intimidating at first. Overwhelming might be a better word, :laughtwo: but in no time at all the brain begins to make the connections and the pieces fall in place. It would be an interesting experiment. I lack the space, given my need to stay ahead of medicinal demands.

Thanks for Advice, i defintly saved that to read later. Could be very useful to some " insider info" :)

To update, Dark Devil is at Day 73 from Seed now, here are a few Pics to preview. I did a pretty detailled update in my Journal today, for more Info, check it :)

IMG_20161125_144310175.jpg
IMG_20161124_243501912.jpg
IMG_20161125_144048587_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161125_143923785_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161125_143820281_HDR.jpg
IMG_20161124_243532819.jpg

Here is a few devil gals I have going.. not sure on the age, but they have a while to go.

Big indica leaf, more bushy, no purple yet
420-magazine-mobile1952367547.jpg
420-magazine-mobile789686888.jpg
420-magazine-mobile875513611.jpg

Tall, stretched, purple, simple branching, lower yield
420-magazine-mobile404017481.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1864068569.jpg
420-magazine-mobile603983012.jpg

Do you guys think they are mostly done with their stretch? I'm all out of dd seeds now but I'm germinating some red poison to give them a shot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:welcome: to the journal lingzhi. It's always a thrill to meet a new lover of the DDA. Sorry to hear you're out of seeds. The Red Poison is an exciting one to watch develop too.

Looking at them I'd say the bottom one's pretty much done with vertical. That's a tiny yield on that one, but it looks like it should have a sweet kick to it. What light have they been grown under, if I may ask?

The top one may get a little taller. I've had a couple with that structure get a good stretch going. How long do you estimate that one's been in flower?

They were both planted the exact same time. The purple one showed pistils a few days sooner. I would guess they have shown signs of flower for maybe 10 -14 days or so.

Under Mars hydo. I think the 400 w equivalent model?

Hello sweet sue, im not able to send you a message yet but i had a question. Have you tried 12-12 seed to harvest? If you have then would you say it's better than growing autos 18/6 as far as time in relation to yield is concerned?

Hello AlleyC. Yes I have, and I find with autos the best yields are to be had using 20/4 lighting. I'm not the only one who believes this. Atrain, our previous Auto god and mentor, was a champion of that schedule, as is cajuncelt, who came to this conclusion as a result of being employed as a professional cultivator in Colorado.

And welcome, both to the :420: community at large and to our little community grow of the lovely and enticing Dark Devil Auto. Are you settling in nicely? Is there anything else we can help you with?

:passitleft:

They were both planted the exact same time. The purple one showed pistils a few days sooner. I would guess they have shown signs of flower for maybe 10 -14 days or so.

Under Mars hydo. I think the 400 w equivalent model?

At 10-14 days in flowering mode you may have a little more stretch with the lankier one, but I'd think they're close to the end of vertical growth, for the most part. From here on out they should be concentrating on bulking up. I'm interested in seeing what the darker one does. Is that one giving off much smell yet?

Im new to growing Dark Devil and I would like to know any germinating advice you guys have for this strain. I have 3 seeds and 2 didnt sprout in foxfarms(I think the soil is to hot.) Anyways any grow advice would be appreciated. I will be growing in organic soil indoors under 1 mars 144 so I expect the plant to get pretty big especially with some LST. Any general grow advice on Dark Devil is appreciated, thanks.

Im new to growing Dark Devil and I would like to know any germinating advice you guys have for this strain. I have 3 seeds and 2 didnt sprout in foxfarms(I think the soil is to hot.) Anyways any grow advice would be appreciated. I will be growing in organic soil indoors under 1 mars 144 so I expect the plant to get pretty big especially with some LST. Any general grow advice on Dark Devil is appreciated, thanks.

Welcome OG Kushan, both to our community grow and to the :420: community. I hear the frustration with germination. I'm going to link you to a process that works almost 100% of the time.

B A R teaches Germination

I use Rapid Rooters instead of rock wool. Same process. The big trick with an auto is to pop it into the soil as soon as the seed breaks the soil line. That's the variation from this method I've shared. Autos grow roots differently from photos and you want that tap root to hit soil in the finish pot and no where else. This techniques of B A R's exposes that tap momentarily, when you have it in the paper towel. As soon as your seed emerges from the plug get her into the finish pot.

The pages of this thread have some interesting thoughts on cultivation, right down to a detailed documentation of a complete cycle of one plant, complete with feedings and light distances. Ask anything here. Someone has the answer you seek or we'll take the time to figure it out with you.

It's so delightful to meet a new cultivator of our obsession. :laughtwo: :green_heart:

Good luck. I don't like the feeling of being down to one DDA seed. There's usually one growing in my spaces. Gives me a touch of panic. :laughtwo: Thankfully I don't think that will ever be a problem again. :circle-of-love:

Greetings folks glad I found this thread, heres my dark devil growing in a 25 liter hempy bucket, this is my 2nd grow I grew a monster auto ak 47 that took overmy closet luckily the DD has been better behaved :)

20161122_172820.jpg

20161124_175015.jpg

20161124_174909.jpg

Tall Lady taking her bath
20161124_174708.jpg

rayven said:
Tall Lady taking her bath
20161124_174708.jpg

Ooooooo....... rayven....... Welcome to the community grow. What a lovely and statuesque beauty you have there. So glad to have you both join us. You're how close to harvest, by your estimation? Another four weeks or so? I know you're enjoying the grow. How could you not? Enticing little ones, aren't they? The buzz rayven..... Just wait until you taste the harvest. Planning to follow this one with another yet? :laughtwo: Most of us have learned we have a yearning to keep them going in our spaces.

I just had an errant seed I thought wasn't viable come up in a cup where I planted another strain that I need for medicinal purposes, so I gently extracted her and popped her into another pot.

IMG_202824.JPG

IMG_202723.JPG

It's up to the whim of the cosmos whether she makes it or not. No problem if she doesn't. I have many more seeds to back her up with. She came through the night well, so I'm encouraged. A strong stem on this one. She's tiny, but I can already feel her power. She's starting my transition to five gallon pots for the auto tent. In time that space will be running like a fine-tuned machine. I insist on it. :laughtwo:

:byebye: Hi, rayven. Welcome to the forum!

That's a beautiful Dark Devil. How many days old is she?

:goodjob:
Thanks for thr compliments guys shes on day 78 from seed

Ooooooo....... rayven....... Welcome to the community grow. What a lovely and statuesque beauty you have there. So glad to have you both join us. You're how close to harvest, by your estimation? Another four weeks or so? I know you're enjoying the grow. How could you not? Enticing little ones, aren't they? The buzz rayven..... Just wait until you taste the harvest. Planning to follow this one with another yet? :laughtwo: Most of us have learned we have a yearning to keep them going in our spaces.
:

My mouth waters evertytime I open that damn closet, Im hoping I can harvest in 2 to 3 weeks but I have no issues if shes not ready, tbh I've never seen or smoked a purple strain up close until I grew this dark devil

My mouth waters evertytime I open that damn closet, Im hoping I can harvest in 2 to 3 weeks but I have no issues if shes not ready, tbh I've never seen or smoked a purple strain up close until I grew this dark devil

Wow! I missed that guess by a mile, didn't I? :laughtwo: I had one go almost 90 days. It's so hard to be patient past a certain point. You start to go a bit nuts from the smells.

You're in for a treat, and just in time for the big holidays. :slide: You'll be using her to welcome in the New Year. Sweet! I'll be doing the same. :high-five:

78 days! No wonder she's so big. Do you remember about when she moved into the flowering stage? Mine started around 3-1/2 weeks. At the time I was begging them, "No, no. Please just wait a few more days," because I wanted them to get a little larger. Now I just want them to hurry up and finish so I can try them. :laughtwo: They're my first purple plants as well. Also my first autos.

I guess if I'm talking about them here I should drop a couple pics. These are from this morning. The Dark Devils are the two on the left. The one on the right is a Bubble Gum auto.

2016-11-30_Autos.jpg

Dark Devil (1) - Day 49
2016-11-30_DD1.jpg

2016-11-30_DD1c.jpg

Dark Devil (2) - Day 47
2016-11-30_DD2.jpg

2016-11-30_DD2c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom