Day 21 flower defoliation question - Video

vyserage

To remove or not to remove, that is the question! I defoliated the bottom of plants and am curious if i should leave or cut the bottom nodes that grew upwards and have clear signs of growing a single bud (hairs can be seen in video)

YouTube

How many watts are those lights? Your plants look like they could use more. It it was my grow, that's what I'd focus on. With the lights you have, if you could get the plants as directly under the centers of your lights, that would help. I wouldn't be pulling any leaves off, since those plants are looking kind of spindly.

Sorry if that's not the answer you're looking for. Just some random feedback from the interwebs...

Unless there is a compelling reason to cut out a leaf, I keep it. I have been pulling developing flowers that are clearly not going to do much, because of their position. Anything towards the bottom that is out of the light is a candidate. Anything that looks like it might join a COLA is a keeper. Spindly branches that will forever be in the shade get taken out as well. I keep all fan leaves whether shaded or not, so long as they look healthy. Not sure if that is correct, but it's what I do.

Back
Top Bottom