Deficiencies

pontiacman

Ok pros. Here you go. What deficiencies do you see here.....and how do you correct them...
20181104_105420.jpg
20181104_105437.jpg
20181104_105426.jpg
20181104_105407.jpg

Compost tea, ffhf soil, ph at 6.2 to 6.5
3 gallon grow bag and 5 gallon plastic pots, alternate feeding ph'ed water/compost tea only when wilting.
T5 lighting.

Temps:
70F RH60%

I have 3 plants like this....

:nomo: just gonna hang to see the diagnosis. I am possibly going thru something similar.
My guess is the happy frog bringing your pH down giving you lockout of P, Ca, and Mg. I've been seeing people expressly mention to add lime to happy frog otherwise your pH can tank. Watering with 6.8 let's it drift down more. I watered in some lime and it slowed the yellowing down. I still have yellow tops. After I corrected the pH, I now have too much P. Giving me yellow tops and nute burn.

I'm a new grower so this post was ment to only engage you and give you a place to start troubleshooting, until one of the experienced growers gets in here. And to bump your thread , of course.

I would check it, peat based mixs can break down overtime in the bag and when it breaks down it becomes acidic. Was my main reason for switching to coco.
I used to do a 50/50 mix of coco, ffoh, 20% more pearlite, and it worked well. I may go back to that. It allows more drainage and holds just enough water to keep the girls happy. Got a great deal on 7 bags and couldn't pass it up.

Peat is naturally around 4 pH. They use lime to buffer. If your soil is that old your buffers could be washed out dropping pH of peat. I would check soil pH or at least run-off pH. It would be easy to check this off your troubleshooting list and go on from there.

Peat is naturally around 4 pH. They use lime to buffer. If your soil is that old your buffers could be washed out dropping pH of peat. I would check soil pH or at least run-off pH. It would be easy to check this off your troubleshooting list and go on from there.
I'll check it when I water in a few hours. I'll post what I find. Thanks

Seems like your pH is a bit low.
like I said, I can only help troubleshoot.
I was wondering if you always pH to exactly 6.3? Do you ever pH to 6.8 and let it drift down? Ca,MG and P are more readily available at or above 6.5. in soil. Seems like the girls are only dining at half of the buffet.
Nutrient_Chart2.gif

I hope this helps a bit. Sorry if it does not.

Seems like your pH is a bit low.
like I said, I can only help troubleshoot.
I was wondering if you always pH to exactly 6.3? Do you ever pH to 6.8 and let it drift down? Ca,MG and P are more readily available at or above 6.5. in soil. Seems like the girls are only dining at half of the buffet.
Nutrient_Chart2.gif

I hope this helps a bit. Sorry if it does not.
I usually try to keep the ph at 6.5 but I may raise it up to 6.7/6.8 to see if that helps. My tea has been fluctuating quite a bit. Not sure why. We have been using the same recipe for 2 years and typically get great results. I'm thinking I need to dial in that ph better......thank you for all your help.

6.8 was the key! Showing new growth that's nice and green! I can't believe I was screwing up the PH. Lol.
Not only are the plants that were showing deficiencies getting better, the other plants are exploding with new growth and are loving life.
My flower room has been going for a week and are showing happy blooms now!

Thank you to everyone for the re-education. Have not done indoor for over 5 months so I got retarded. Lol. Way cool.

Back
Top Bottom