Demon42069 - First Grow - CKS Autos - Candy Cane - Amnesia Haze - Early Miss - 2016

Re: Demon42069 - First Grow - CKS Autos - Candy Cane - Amnesia Haze - Early Miss - 20

I'm seeing a lot of clear still (or so I think, eyes ain't the best) what are you using to check?

that's what it seems like to me as well, but some seem cloudy to me too, was thinking maybe 40% cloudy for the 3 gal haze and mostly clear for the other 2. Im using a digital microscope attached to my computer but I have a jewlers loupe and phone camera magnifier coming in the mail for hopefully clearer views.

Re: Demon42069 - First Grow - CKS Autos - Candy Cane - Amnesia Haze - Early Miss - 20

The times for the Candy Cane's and Amnesia Haze's are pretty spot on from Crop Kings recommended flowering time. I let my Candy Cane's go 8 weeks flowering and the Amnesia's went 10 weeks. Just something for you to judge by, I was just starting to get amber trichs on the top Amnesia buds between weeks 8 - 9.

Still seems kind of hard to tell what the trichomes really look like in those pictures. Once you get your magnifier in the mail you will be able to actually see the resin gland ball and whether or not it is still clear or cloudy. Seems like some of them are starting to get cloudy for ya though, best to determine once you get an even closer view of the trichs. I use a 60-100x magnifier and can get a really good view as long as I am steady and not shaking or moving.

The other thing I noticed you had mentioned yesterday about transplanting your seedlings into 5gal final homes and seeing if they would fit into the 2x4. I had 4 - 5gal buckets in my 4x4 but as they started to fill out it got a little crowded, might be hard to fit 6 into a 2x4 tent. Just my opinion, all depends how you plan to grow them I guess :)

The times for the Candy Cane's and Amnesia Haze's are pretty spot on from Crop Kings recommended flowering time. I let my Candy Cane's go 8 weeks flowering and the Amnesia's went 10 weeks. Just something for you to judge by, I was just starting to get amber trichs on the top Amnesia buds between weeks 8 - 9.

Still seems kind of hard to tell what the trichomes really look like in those pictures. Once you get your magnifier in the mail you will be able to actually see the resin gland ball and whether or not it is still clear or cloudy. Seems like some of them are starting to get cloudy for ya though, best to determine once you get an even closer view of the trichs. I use a 60-100x magnifier and can get a really good view as long as I am steady and not shaking or moving.

The other thing I noticed you had mentioned yesterday about transplanting your seedlings into 5gal final homes and seeing if they would fit into the 2x4. I had 4 - 5gal buckets in my 4x4 but as they started to fill out it got a little crowded, might be hard to fit 6 into a 2x4 tent. Just my opinion, all depends how you plan to grow them I guess :)

hey, yeah I was kind of going by their time window but it seemed like the amnesia in the 3 gal is developing a lot faster then the rest and the candy cane looks like it might take 10 weeks, barely and amber pistils after 6 weeks. that phone camera and loupe are 60x I think so hoping they do the trick. the 2x4 is my veg tent and my flower tent is 3x4 which i originally planned to fit 6 5gal in and see how it does and if its too crowded only do 4 the next grow, but I think your right it would be too crowded. I might just pick the 4 best looking strains and clone the other 2 from their solo cups for the next grow or something. thanks for the advice :thanks:

It could be possible that the amnesia you have in the 3gal pot is farther ahead because it is in a smaller pot than the others? I have heard before that the larger the pot for an auto the longer it can take to finish? Not sure how much truth there is to this since I haven't tried it myself but just thought I would throw it out there as a possibility.

I've been told that once the roots touch plastic (solo cup) or fabric (smart pots) that's when the plant will go to flower. This applies to autos only. We made the mistake of leaving the auto seedlings in the plastic too long and they are tiny girls in flower. Oops. Looks like that was our learning curve. Next time we will start them in the pot they will finish in to see if we can get them to take off.

I seen that in your journal while catching up earlier this morning Canna. This explains why it would take longer for the ones in the bigger pots. Great info :thumb:

I seen that in your journal while catching up earlier this morning Canna. This explains why it would take longer for the ones in the bigger pots. Great info :thumb:

hey canna and dick. yeah the different pot size was what I had been thinking, although I was wondering if it affects length of flowering or when they start to flower. I had always read length of flower was just strain dependent but was thinking maybe the size of the plant might affect this as well. the 5 gal candy and amnesia are by far the biggest and furthest behind but the 5 gal early miss which isn't as big and is a short flower strain seems to be keeping pace with the 3 gal. :thanks:

I've been told that once the roots touch plastic (solo cup) or fabric (smart pots) that's when the plant will go to flower. This applies to autos only. We made the mistake of leaving the auto seedlings in the plastic too long and they are tiny girls in flower. Oops. Looks like that was our learning curve. Next time we will start them in the pot they will finish in to see if we can get them to take off.

thanks, good to know. I though it was all dependent on time, didn't realize pot size could affect that. glad I decided to transplant mine when they had barely sprouted. :high-five:

evening everybody, just wanted to let you know I'll be getting my cable and Internet back sat, same day I'll be getting my phone microscope in the mail. should be just in time for me to post lots of trichomes pics to get everybody's help in figuring out when they are ready to start their 2 week flush. probably won't be much going on until then. I'm starting to get adjusted to the new job as well so hopefully next week I'll be back in everyone's threads bugging you like normal. til then :passitleft:

evening everybody, just wanted to let you know I'll be getting my cable and Internet back sat, same day I'll be getting my phone microscope in the mail. should be just in time for me to post lots of trichomes pics to get everybody's help in figuring out when they are ready to start their 2 week flush. probably won't be much going on until then. I'm starting to get adjusted to the new job as well so hopefully next week I'll be back in everyone's threads bugging you like normal. til then :passitleft:

Great to hear Demon, will be looking forward to some much needed pictures :) Good that the new job is going well! Keep up the good work!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom