Dirtfamers Backyard Giants

Wow what an amazing grow Dirtfarmer!

I just read your thread and was curious if maybe the smell gave you away? You spoke early on of getting some manure but then I didn't recall any more mentions of the subject. I'm curious if it was a strong smell and if it was skunky or whatever.

Or maybe someone saw it from the air? Or as you mentioned it could have been a visitor to one of your neighbors.

Your absence reminded me that it's still a risky game that we're playing. Great post by Irish bringing that all home.

Lovely. Socjust ff huh? What about jacks classic ferts??
Do you foliar feed when they were small ? What did you feed for veg stage

Wow what an amazing grow Dirtfarmer!

I just read your thread and was curious if maybe the smell gave you away? You spoke early on of getting some manure but then I didn't recall any more mentions of the subject. I'm curious if it was a strong smell and if it was skunky or whatever.

Or maybe someone saw it from the air? Or as you mentioned it could have been a visitor to one of your neighbors.

Your absence reminded me that it's still a risky game that we're playing. Great post by Irish bringing that all home.

When it was drying in the garage I parked a truck loaded with it right in front. Before that I gave both my neighbors some too. I just used the I bought to much story... I had to whole neighborhood smelling like a stalk yard in Texas.

Wow DF I checked your thread out! man those plants where real beauties on that last grow, I only hope I can get my plants half that size if lucky awsome bro! just plan old awsome, I'd like to here what you ended up with from all the plants! if I can ask what was the total weight.

I hate it that someone with great skills has to waste time protecting his shit from rippers. makes me angry, I hope this in no way effects your results. Best of luck!

CK

This thread reads like a classic novel.

The gripping beginning, captures the readers attention from the start with mention of a great strain grown into mighty giants.

The external conflicts between the ever so increasing size of the plants and the decreasing size of space, keeping watch for neighbor's landscapers, the green house on blocks, 40 mph winds!

The internal conflicts between remaining legal, keeping your spouse happy and pushing the limits!

This thread has some awesome triumphs, the predator bugs, the colossal producing soil, the camaraderie of growers coming together, the thoughts of a backyard yield being 20+ elbows.

Just when everything is going along epically, 10 days from harvest, the Ripper strikes and man if that wasn't enough to keep my eyes glued to the screen like Elmer's... the Hero of this story disappears...

:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

This thread should be Stickied!!

P.S. DF sorry bout the issues in teh Philippines, I do not mean to make light of that situation, I'm saying it makes for an epic read, hope everything is sorted...

I can't wait for your next novel...i mean...thread!!!

Reespect

so thats how the buds are preserved and cooled from the sun so that nugs dont burn.. .under plastic like that.? another question- you start putting the net around plant after it gets taller and the bush is formed? what would you suggest to place on soil by stem to keep weeds and bugs off?

Thanks for all the replies.

The main reason I was gone for I had family emergency in the Philippines. I spent months there rebuilding homes. My inlaws were hit hard in the storms last year.

Glad to see you came back and are planning another epic adventure for all of us -- and you are a super-nice helpful guy too! Wait, doesn't marijuana turn you into a raging criminal lunatic???? Seems to have had the OPPOSITE effect on you! LOL!!

Hmmmm.

"The Most Epic Grow of the Insane Horticulture Superman"

that's the title of the new book and movie you need do about growing.

Once again, AWESOME grow and AWESOME pictures.

Get out the chainsaw!!!! You need to get a helicopter in there to bring it to a factory off site to trim it up and dry your buds!!! GOOD LUCK, you got a lot of work ahead of you. That's when you can truly say, you love what you do!!

WOW< WOW>WOW! just now came across this grow. Freakin' amazing. Inspirational. One of a kind for sure. This guy should write a book someday. "adventures in a day in the life of DirtFarmer". :peace:

spent the past few days reading this thread/journal, goooood job on the insane harvest! it has given me hope for my future outdoor grows, hopes that my plants will be even half of one of those monsters. Definitely going to try the 3x3x3 with perlite and such, maybe throw a few worms in the dirt before the season to get things going.

noticed you disappeared for a while too, hope things went well over there and here as well, did you ever get a final number on the yield?

can't wait to see more of your next grow, they going to be a bit more spaced out this time?
:popcorn:
:cheer:

Wow what is it with these guys? Some of the most epic grows on this site with all these members giving props & reps... and no final yield numbers or pics! Just like CK with all of his followers, yet don't feel they need to let anyone know? I don't get IT!

Wow what is it with these guys? Some of the most epic grows on this site with all these members giving props & reps... and no final yield numbers or pics! Just like CK with all of his followers, yet don't feel they need to let anyone know? I don't get IT!

Yo need to read the thread friend. I had emergency trip to the Philippines. Also I mattress bag my whole crop to stay legal. I have no way to know yield until a year later.

I do.

I get it.

What better evidence for the feds than a whole pictorial, right down to final yields?

The magnitude of this grow and its final tally was formidable.
When the plants are growing, there is nothing but wonder.
When the plants are budding, absolute awe.
And then the fun begins...

...harvest. All of a sudden reality hits--there is ALL this finished product WAAAAAY over one's medical limit--and the sudden reality of that is...it's all VERY illegal.

That realization has a real chilling effect upon the grower, and now paranoid owner of perhaps 80-100lbs, and there is nowhere for it to go. Every day, every hour, every minute the grower sits on that "illegal" amount that his/her script doesn't come close to covering, s/he risks real prison time. Really.

So I imagine, like all of us that have had surprise epic grows like this, the cone of silence descends and that's all, folks.

Nothing like feeling like a "criminal" for the first time....

:peace:

Hey Dirtfarmer, wasn't expecting you to reply! last you posted was 2010? I did read your journal, but i did not read about your reasons for not letting everybody know. Like i said epic grow! Would be nice to know your epic yield results, mainly for the members that were following your journal. Thank you for the reply and i totally respect your reasoning behind withholding the results. Are you going to run another journal this summer? would love to follow it... :peace::Namaste:

Hey wasn't expecting you to reply! last you posted was 2010? I did read your journal, but i did not read about your reasons for not letting everybody know. Like i said epic grow! Would be nice to know your epic yield results, mainly for the members that were following your journal. Thank you for the reply and i totally respect your reasoning behind withholding the results. Are you going to run another journal this summer? would love to follow it... :peace::Namaste:

*LOL* Surprise! :)

Yeah, it was an experience I'll never forget. I can't begin to tell you what the paranoia level was like for months. Don't *ever* want to go through that again, so it is unlikely that I'll do another grow journal until it's perfectly legal across the board. My posts will likely be few and far between, and most likely only comments about some news story posted, as I have a lot of irons in the fire and little time online to read threads or start and maintain them.

Anywho, dig BIG holes and feed your girls well, :morenutes:
Irish

*LOL* Surprise! :)

Yeah, it was an experience I'll never forget. I can't begin to tell you what the paranoia level was like for months. Don't *ever* want to go through that again, so it is unlikely that I'll do another grow journal until it's perfectly legal across the board. My posts will likely be few and far between, and most likely only comments about some news story posted, as I have a lot of irons in the fire and little time online to read threads or start and maintain them.

Anywho, dig BIG holes and feed your girls well, :morenutes:
Irish

ok, am i missing something here? is this not dirtfarmers thread?

Back
Top Bottom