Dirty's Coco & Perlite DTW SCROG, 4 Strain LSD, GDP, Pineapple Chunk, Grow Journal

Hello everyone.
Well here is the start of week 8 and possibly the last week of the grow. I will be monitoring the trichs closely.
Unfortunately I have to go away for 2 days at the end of the week but have a friend who is going to keep an eye on them for me.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the pics.

Great pictures! The group pics look like little forest of chunky nugs. Lol! Thanks for taking the time! :welldone:

Thanks for the kind words sparks.
I'm actually into photography but you wouldn't be able to tell from the below average pics I put up weekly.

For some reason when I'm with the girls and 1200w of yellow light my motivation for high quality Pic goes out the window.

I will make sure on chop day to get some high res bud pron pics :)

It looks like you have good news and bad news in your forest. Good news: All. That. Bud. Bad News: Trimming for days lol :)

Looking great!

Thanks man.
Yeah trimming is always a pain for me as I have arthritis in my hands also. I have a few friends that I have taught how to trim over the years so I have asked for help and they have all accepted so thanks God for their help other wise I'd be making hash from the entire grow lol to avoid trimming.

Does anyone use any automation when trimming?

Yeeew! those full tent pics are pretty sexual haha

Buds look ready for the chop to me. Did you flush? dont see any yellowing of your leaves?

Haven't used an auto trimmer, but I've looked at them every time I finish trimming a grow haha It takes me and wife about 8 straight hours to trim our tent haha first world problems I guess :)

Haha Hoots "Pretty sexual" is the funiest description of my tent I have had so far. :p

The trichs on the plants are still quite clear but after the last week of nutes this week they have a few days of flushing then a few dry days before chop day on Sept. 1. A freind is coming over tonight to check trichs with me as my hands shake too much to use the microscope.

Yeah I would rather hand trim but after about an hour the pain kicks in and makes the whole experience unplesent for me so I have been researching them but I think I will just stick to hand trimming for now and use the bowl trimmer a friend lent me for stuff bound for the RSO, Dry Ice hash pile.

My plants are the most resinous i have ever grown and would hate to waste all of my hard work but smashing them around in a trimmer.

Lastly those tent pics above are actually 1/2 tent pics lol. She is hectic in there. Hope I yeild ok.
Thanks for popping by.

I actually have been trying to germinate some Pineapple Chunk seeds but the first 3 out of a 5 pack of feminized seeds have been duds. I also have a 3 pack of LSD, so that's why I'm so interested in your journal. :)
I'm thinking it's been way to friggin hot in my area to get them beans started for now. So I'll probably just wait another few weeks to a month before trying again. But I do have some clones going to keep me busy til then. i bought 5 pineapple chunk seeds, and all showed white in water after 1 day, but only one survived. The tap root just wouldn't grow. But that one plant was like 55-60 days bloom, and dynamite smoke. We're still cloning it two yrs. later. problem is, it's a problem child, really hard to train. Grows long legs, with popcorn buds, wants to keep stretching, even in bloom phase. Low yield, but great product !!

:passitleft:

Hello All.

I checked the trichs on Tuesday as planned and all is looking awesome IMO.
Chop day is planned for September 1 and I cannot wait :p

I tried some LSD yesterday and I'm really happy with it and know it will only get better with curing.
Thaanks again for popping by and enjoy the pics.

Hey folks.
Well last night we dug into the scrog to defol a bit to make the weekend a bit easier and to my dismay found a few small patches with Powdery Mildew on some of the fan and sugar leaves.

I feel like I have been kicked in the gut and although the affected areas are quite small I'm pretty bummed.

Has anyone dealt with Powdery Mildew at a chop phase and how best am I to deal with it. I have read you can wash your branches in a Peroxide / water mix and hang them up to dry but I'd love to here from you guys.

Thanks.
TD.

I haven't dealt with any mold yet... touch wood. But I can imagine how it would feel to find some :(

Hopefully the damage is minimal. I'd probably cut the worst bits out and try wash any that had just surface mold.. maybe dry affected branches seperately?

Hopefully santa hurrys up with the bigger tent, you'd have less chance of mold with more space between colas.

Back
Top Bottom