Discuss Crop King Seeds Germination and Growing

That isnt bad for a set it and forget it system. Mine is similar as i dont really micro manage my system, I have a grow tent with a mother and babies, and a flower tent with girls the ebb and flow is basically a set it and forget it other then adjusting ph. I dont think i could go 24 hours without looking at my plants.

This friggin' saga continues ... 3 more duds! I've done this many times in past years and the seeds take off like weeds with my tap water and I never have a problem until now with my first batch of Crop King seeds. And I have a hydroponic machine that can handle 4 plants. I can't afford electric for 3 months for only one plant which is why I don't germinate one at a time. I try 3 at a time. I only have a 6 mos window to grow where I live, so forget two harvests this season trying to get these White Widow seeds to germinate.

I don't live in the US or Canada and you wouldn't believe the time and money involved getting Crop King Seeds here (they know the stories) ... only to have the first 10 turn to mush. # 9 & 10 started a tap root and I put them in rock wool 3 days ago. I see this morning they have also turned to mush. The rock wool was not sitting in excess water, but it was moist.

Today I'm pulling out a new strain. All my new seeds from Crop King
image1815.jpeg
are feminized. I've never used them before. Any difference germinating them? I am determined to get thru these simple steps and start some beautiful plants !

well i can certainly tell you the steps i take. I take a paper towel and soak it, put the seeds in between the paper towel, put it in a warm 70f, dark place, each day i observe and add water to maintain a wetness and as soon as i see a tap i toss it into medium, i have used rockwool for my crown royal, but the taps exploded on me and they were pretty long, i was concerned but they did fine, this time i am using sure to grow from seeds, I think i have one that is not going to make it but it germinated, I may have had to much light too early, but i have 3 that appear to want to go only time will tell. Make sure you water is ph5.5 with little tds.

OK ... took out 3 Super Silver Haze seeds and put them into 5.5 Ph bottled water. One was brown and it sunk to the bottom within a minute. hmmmm. I'd be thrilled if I could get 2 going! I'll take them out of water first thing in the morning.

And I've used Costco's Kirkland for my thick paper towels. I smelled them last time and wondered if I smelled any purfume. So I used napkins this last time and at least got a tap root. Anyone know about Kirkland paper towels?
image1818.jpeg

I dont personally use this stage, but I know CK recommends it in their instructions, so its good to do. I suppose my soaked paper towel would be the equivalent of soaking them in a glass. I use bounty cause they are very absorbent

OK, first post ever... I've got 3 of 5 NL auto in my plate inside 3 paper towels folded over twice. It's been 5 days and only one has cracked to show a minuscule tap root. I used the included directions to germinate 10+ bagseeds in weeks prior to make sure I was comfortable before applying this method to my "premium" seeds. Let soak in room temp. Water for 14 hours, pour entire contents into a shallow plate, drain off excess water and placed it on my heat mat under a humidity dome opening the lid several times a day for air, I also Moistened daily. And no direct light has touched the seeds. Are these seeds going to make it? What have I done wrong?

it is very disturbing to me to see a trend forming here with people having problems germinating and it may just be a coincidence i dont know, but why are you using a heat plate? I think 70f is fine for germinating do you need a separate heat source to get to this temp?
also when trying your premium seeds you may want to start with one and make sure your method works, i realize its to late for this now but anytime you are changing to something new its best to test

Ambient temp is hovering around 70f, I've read humidity and warmth are positive for germination. And since I've had such success with my bagseeds. I'm just wondering if +or-80f is too high for this strain or??? That's why I'm here mun. Thanks for chiming in.

did you check the ph of the water? I like to use 5.5, and stowed in a warm dark place sprout in a day or 2. at least that is my experience, now getting them to grow post facto that is another story lol

No ph meter yet, but my tap water is ph of 8 and my bottled spring water is Ph 5.2... I've mixed them at 50/50 a litre at a time for watering my " bagseedlings" which are a couple weeks in and doing fine.. First topping and regrowth is flourishing.. So I'm assuming they are in the right Ph range. This is what I used for these 3 NL auto seeds

That's same problem I had when my CKS WW took off and my CKS PK just died:( too hot me think for the PK both of which were on a heat mat in a humidity dome on a saucer too fn hot. I haven't tried my PK since killing 3 already but I'm hoping to get a better outcome with a lower temperature no heat matt this time and as soon as I see tap root she goes into the medium :) wish me luck xxxx

BCNL manual says warm dark location 80-90 degrees F. With AC I've gotten down to 77F. I'm trying everything!
Well i am not sure what the manual for bcnl is referring to, but i have never had temp over 80 when germinating and i have a 100$ success rate on germinating, but only a 75% success rate in bringing it to growth

I'll thrilled to announce that after changing strains from CK White Widow to CK Super Silver Haze two of the 3 seeds germinated with no problems like my seeds usually do !! Yea! The brown SSH one in my earlier photo was, in fact, a dud, but the other two are gonna make me happy.

So I guess I need to talk to Crop King since 10 out of 10 WW were mush .... and 2 out of 3 SSH worked. Ratio of 2-13 not good!!
image2050.jpeg

I'll thrilled to announce that after changing strains from CK White Widow to CK Super Silver Haze two of the 3 seeds germinated with no problems like my seeds usually do !! Yea! The brown SSH one in my earlier photo was, in fact, a dud, but the other two are gonna make me happy.

So I guess I need to talk to Crop King since 10 out of 10 WW were mush .... and 2 out of 3 SSH worked. Ratio of 2-13 not good!!
image2050.jpeg

Have you contacted us already? Issues like this should be handled over the phone as we have ways to help you. Our phone # is in our website.

I live outside US and Canada and can't call Canada, plus I'm half deaf. I've been dealing with the wonderful James at Crop King since April via email. I'm sure he'll help me work out this last challenge as he has in the past which is why I keep going back to Crop King. It's just been a very expensive nightmare getting the seeds to me ... but I believe it will be worth all the effort. I'll know in 3 mos!

And the two SSH that germinated last week are healthy and growing like weeds in my awesome BC Northern Light machine!!

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you everyone for your help:) after listening to your successes and failures feedback from CKS Bubblenuggs Rosie Gooch and others I have managed to pop a CKS Purple Kush woooo hoooo well almost but I know she'll come after failing with the given in structions I soaked her in bottled water room temp over night she didn't sink so I pushed Her down gently then she sunk so I left her for that day and after work that night she had a 1mm tap so as Mr Bubblenuggs said I dropped her straight into the medium rock wool ph 5.5 soaked half tap half bottled water. I keep her moist leaning more towards the dry side with 1mL per Litre water Oxyplus, (Hydrogen Peroxide) giving her a light feed once per day also of 1mL per Litre grow nutrient

This is her pushing the tiny piece of rock wool up which I used to cover her to stop air getting in. The cover was concave before now it's convex after 24 hrs in the cup of water then planted and two days 48hrs in the rock wool cube
image34877.jpg

By light feed I mean 1-2 sprays from spray bottle
By keep more on the dry side I mean damp to the touch but will not drip when squeezed
I keep the feed and water spray separate because it helps control everything given each day requires different amounts of water due to weather hit/cold

Back
Top Bottom