Have You Ordered From Crop King Seeds?

Charlie - CKS messed up seeds and sent out Sour Jack photo instead of Candy Cane Auto. Frustrating when you grow thinking you have an auto - even more so when you have a small tent and can only do one at a time.:oops:

How long ago was this? I happen to have received some Candy Canes in February. I now have a concern.:confused:

I did contact them and I received new seeds. My understanding is they throw 2 extra seeds in orders from outside Canada. Or that was what I had heard. Their support has been spotty over the past couple years and there are quite a few CKS haters. I'm kinda middle of the road. I had good experiences (for the most part) and had won a few seed contests as well.

KING - not sure how I feel yet about CKS I ordered 5 norther light auto fem and out of the 5 only 1 germinated using their paper towel method ( which is how I always have germinated with awesome success) so I am going to have to contact them about it. 68$ something is a lot to only get one to pop. Now the one that did pop is looking amazing and I am happy with but I was going for at least 4-5

"KING" I ordered my fem white widows from crop king seeds, No issues at all with postage to australia. Prompt and well packaged.
Here is a progress pic of her
11696427_106648443012873_612604239_n.jpg
How far along is this ??

"KING" I ordered my fem white widows from crop king seeds, No issues at all with postage to australia. Prompt and well packaged.
Here is a progress pic of her
11696427_106648443012873_612604239_n.jpg
Wow that's nice. I sent $250 cash to Crop Kings. I didn't register it. I trusted them. I sent cash to Attitude Seeds, registered and had no problems.

The amount of respect I have for the Crop King Seeds company and their wretched staff would certainly not overflow a teaspoon. Not even one of those silly decorative mini-spoons
But having said that- other shit happens. Postal employees, in my part of the world at least, are as snoopy a bunch of humans as have ever been known to inhabit this earth. . They are bored and have a lot of extra time on their hands to play the game of 'let's snoop into everyone's business'.
I recently bumped into a woman at a party here I hadn't seen for 15 years- since she used to work at the PO. Like-I had maybe traded ten sentences with this person in my life. She re-introduced herself and addressed me by my full name. Shit -I know people here that I've been actual friends with for over 20 years that probably don't know my last name.
She said it's because when she worked at the post office the main occupation was spying on people. Lol.
It doesn't take a genius to know that envelopes addressed to cannabis breeders have a chance of containing cash. And that the people sending it probably won't be in a position to kick up a fuss if it disappears.

There was a girl who worked at the same PO as the woman I mentioned- who once figured out a that a buddy of mine, who was dealing, received his shipments by mail.
She eventually stole one of his shipments.
He managed to work things to his advantage and she got fired for it- though he never got his weed back.
I'm super wary about the postal workers. Just saying- they could be your problem.
Having said that- there are at least a hundred seed companies I would rate higher than CKS -so it won't hurt you to move on regardless.

I tried asking a simple question the other day and got a run around from CKS. I asked about how they could guarantee the genetics of the seeds. What testing method did they employ to ensure seed viability, and what method did they use to sample the genetics of each batch? Long story short the person responding was QUITE obviously not a native english speaker. The word choice was definitely Chinese. The person told me, and I quote: We no answer question. You talk phone support, ok. We only do purchase. Credit Card number. No free sample. I got immediately suspicious, with the response and looked up the chat routing info out of curiosity.

As I looked up the routing ( the IP address was in an offshore call centre in PRC). I was able to find the routing information in Wireshark! Sure enough...
Turns out LISA is a chatbot connected to a marketing firm in China via
Chatbots for customer care and sales | LivePerson

Great service trick CKS! Way to ensure customer data.

Just thought I'd share that the Purple Kush I got from CKS is living up to the advertising based on the coloring of my lovely little lady. Many mixed opinions about CKS and I've had my share of issues - but if you stumbled here after buying their seeds first - it's not all for naught. I've seen some really kick-ass plants grown from their seeds but their business practices seem a bit sketch.

Enjoy the purps :Namaste:

I just received my Purple Kush Fem. seeds on Wednesday ordered Friday 3 business days amazing (way to go Crop King Seeds gotta love it ), two days ago I popped 5 in ambient 74.6 degree's in the germination room then after 18 hours put in paper towel method as normal and all have little tails on them so far so good. This Purple Kush and White Widow have been my goto's forever. Will post some pics soon.

The amount of respect I have for the Crop King Seeds company and their wretched staff would certainly not overflow a teaspoon. Not even one of those silly decorative mini-spoons
But having said that- other shit happens. Postal employees, in my part of the world at least, are as snoopy a bunch of humans as have ever been known to inhabit this earth. . They are bored and have a lot of extra time on their hands to play the game of 'let's snoop into everyone's business'.
I recently bumped into a woman at a party here I hadn't seen for 15 years- since she used to work at the PO. Like-I had maybe traded ten sentences with this person in my life. She re-introduced herself and addressed me by my full name. Shit -I know people here that I've been actual friends with for over 20 years that probably don't know my last name.
She said it's because when she worked at the post office the main occupation was spying on people. Lol.
It doesn't take a genius to know that envelopes addressed to cannabis breeders have a chance of containing cash. And that the people sending it probably won't be in a position to kick up a fuss if it disappears.

There was a girl who worked at the same PO as the woman I mentioned- who once figured out a that a buddy of mine, who was dealing, received his shipments by mail.
She eventually stole one of his shipments.
He managed to work things to his advantage and she got fired for it- though he never got his weed back.
I'm super wary about the postal workers. Just saying- they could be your problem.
Having said that- there are at least a hundred seed companies I would rate higher than CKS -so it won't hurt you to move on regardless.

You still didn't say what was wrong with CKS, WC. And if the postal workers are the problem, how do we get around that problem, other than just sharing home-grown seeds among ourselves.?

Hey AK.
I think in those cases we have to either insure the envelope, if possible, or find another way of payment, or just trust to the gods and the PO as that unfortunate fellow did.
I understand that it's often illegal to mail cash, so I'm not sure how that affects insurance, but I would think most of the time it wouldn't.
As for CKS, it's personal preference, and polluted water under the bridge at this point. That's why I didn't elaborate. A lot of people had major issues with them last year, myself among them. The experience was extremely negative and insulting.
But that was last year. They may have changed, at least enough to quiet most of the complaints. They seem to fill a certain market niche and some people seem to like them. So... wtf.
Happy growing ;)
:passitleft:

Hey AK.
I think in those cases we have to either insure the envelope, if possible, or find another way of payment, or just trust to the gods and the PO as that unfortunate fellow did.
I understand that it's often illegal to mail cash, so I'm not sure how that affects insurance, but I would think most of the time it wouldn't.
As for CKS, it's personal preference, and polluted water under the bridge at this point. That's why I didn't elaborate. A lot of people had major issues with them last year, myself among them. The experience was extremely negative and insulting.
But that was last year. They may have changed, at least enough to quiet most of the complaints. They seem to fill a certain market niche and some people seem to like them. So... wtf.
Happy growing ;)
:passitleft:

It has been over a year since I purchased any seeds. Most of what I have now were gifted or home-grown.

I'm sorry to hear their customer service has gone south. I liked the convenience of having them just over the border. Faster shipping. (Isn't Alaska the same as Western Canada? ) :laugh:

New grower here. I just ordered for the first time from CK and am so satisfied! I ordered on Saturday and I was very reluctant due to some things I saw online and also the clunkiness of the website (the cart is very error prone, and the appearance is just sort of offputting).

I ordered on a Saturday evening, received a call from a very helpful lady who sent me a bunch of extra info I didn't even ask for (but appreciated), and I received the seeds on Monday!! Really blown away by the speed here.

I have not germed yet, and am anxious to do so because my last 5 I attempted to germinate all failed (bought from a local person who's reputation is normally very solid).

In any case, if these germ well I will be ecstatic. Very, very pleased thus far. I will report back after I attempt germination.

Back
Top Bottom