Do auto seeds have a different appearance?

Sure don't look like cannabis seeds
As far as the 2 you have going I have some late flowering Autos that take 5-6 weeks to show signs & longer to start flower cycle
You never mentioned what your light schedule is . If running 24 /7 try cutting back to see if that helps to trigger flowering
I am running two 600 watt Mars LEDs. And I'm doing 18/6. Since March 1st. I just checked and I see no signs. The plants are really pretty and bushy like I've never seen. I guess I'm gonna treat it as a regular feminized and just flip the lights at some point to 12/12. I'm looking now for the sex and it's so darn bushy it's hard to get inside of it!

Sorry mate, but it sounds like a rip-off to me. That buy 5 get 5 free seeds deal you got didn't specify what kind of free seeds for sure. I bet it nowhere says you'll get 5 free Cannabis seeds. Am I right?
They probably sent you some watermelon seeds from their lunch. Bastards!
Well the two smaller seeds have produced a beautiful plant so far. Don't think they are autos but hopefully Blue Dream females. I ordered them from the seed bank recommended here on 420. Now I'm not certain what the actual deal was. It took forever for them to arrive which I expected coming from afar. I wish I had taken a screen shot of the order. It was buy x amount and recieve x amount free...now I don't remember exactly. But I was shocked at the mega seeds!! Still clueless. And it's not like I can just give them a call. Ya know?

I am running two 600 watt Mars LEDs. And I'm doing 18/6. Since March 1st. I just checked and I see no signs. The plants are really pretty and bushy like I've never seen. I guess I'm gonna treat it as a regular feminized and just flip the lights at some point to 12/12. I'm looking now for the sex and it's so darn bushy it's hard to get inside of it!
This is the Blue Dreams auto from royal Queen seeds ? I never could find them there

Those on the right aren't cannabis seeds.
If you're 5 weeks in and nothing showing, I'm guessing you have photos. Plants look nice and healthy.
Guess it was a free tshirt instead! Lol! Yes, the plants look really great. Guess they will work out. I did top them and I read you dont top autos. So hopefully if they are I didn't damage anything.

I read you dont top autos. So hopefully if they are I didn't damage anything.
I top my autos all the time with no damage, may slow some down a bit but they bounce back

This is the Blue Dreams auto from royal Queen seeds ? I never could find them there
Yes, that is where I got them. Blue Dream autos. I wish I had some record of my purchase. Maybe there was no free seeds w purchase. I thought there was. Puzzling for sure. I'm gonna go back to the site and see if I can figure it out.

I top my autos all the time with no damage, may slow some down a bit but they bounce back
That's encouraging. I have a lot of text books from the cannabis university and I read to bend them over. Which I've never done that method so I was hoping it was ok. I've never seen such pretty foliage. I guess if it's an auto I'll know eventually? You think 18/6 is safe to stick with?

I just went to my seed stash to make sure.
Blueberry seeds and Blueberry Auto, side by side.
20210409_114100.jpg

For the record, the 5 seeds you have on the right don't look anything like cannabis seeds.
Are your auto seeds a little bit bigger then the photo seeds? I'm on a phone so I can't tell for sure. Thank you for sharing!!

That's encouraging. I have a lot of text books from the cannabis university and I read to bend them over. Which I've never done that method so I was hoping it was ok. I've never seen such pretty foliage. I guess if it's an auto I'll know eventually? You think 18/6 is safe to stick with?
depends on how big you want it to get in flower. even photo plants will show there sex if grow in veg long enough
if you got enough space go with it also you can trim some of the excess off also
check my media for the autos I grew
one is the top of an auto I cloned

You could contact the seed company again and ask them. Or are those codes on a confirmation eMail when you placed the order. Looking at your photo the numbers look like their code to identify the seed packets when they fill the order. If you bought them through Royal Queen Seeds I had no problem getting to the web site a couple of minutes ago.

D051 (5) - 29

Just taking a stab at this. I don't know what the coding includes but the (5) probably indicates that the original packet held 5 seeds since they sell by a single seed, or by 3 seeds to a pack and so on.
The D051 is probably their code for the name of the strain. The 29 might be the 29th packet of 5 seeds or some other code they use to keep track of how many seeds or packs are left.

For the record it even mentions that in the small section that many of us fill out to tell others a little bit about ourselves.;):)
Thank you. I'm gonna try to go back to their website again. Yea...I'm not even sure where the number 5 came from. It's been like months since I placed the order and took awhile to receive them. So here I am months later trying to figure out wth.. so weird.

depends on how big you want it to get in flower. even photo plants will show there sex if grow in veg long enough
if you got enough space go with it also you can trim some of the excess off also
check my media for the autos I grew
one is the top of an auto I cloned
I will do that! I appreciate it. I'll show you pretty these look. I've never had my leaves touch the side of the bag like this. Not sure where the dirt went. Seems like they are sitting too low.

Look how big these seeds on the right are! I've never seen seeds like this and thought maybe autoflower seeds look different? I planted two of the small seeds.

20210405_210545.jpg
This reminds me of some seeds from back in the 80’s. Mexican brick weed that smelled like skunk and had huge seeds like this . Maybe not quite this big but close

At the moment I own seeds for around 90 separate varieties of cannabis. In that collection there are all sorts of different sizes of seeds. Tangerine Dream seeds are very tiny whereas Green Crack has relatively huge seeds. When I breed plants together, I can oftentimes tell which plant took dominance by the size and appearance of the seeds. This is determined by genetics, and each strain will have a unique type of seed.

Autos, with half of their genetics coming from a very small northern latitude plant, will tend to have smaller seeds than a purebred of similar variety, but other than that, there would be no way to tell an auto seed from a regular seed. If I had 10 pure Green Crack seeds layed out next to 10 Green Crack Auto seeds, I could probably tell the difference between them, but without that same strain comparison, there would be no way to ID the autos from a mix of seeds.

We like to represent our members when they make a reasonable and polite complaint regarding a sponsor.

We have therefore contacted RQS and invited them to comment in this thread.

Hopefully that will resolve this puzzle. :ciao:

Autos, with half of their genetics coming
This isn't quite right. The f1 generation are half auto, however that makes fast flowering seeds. You can breed those together to get about 25% auto, 50% fast, and 25% fully photo seeds. You grow those seeds and pollinate those autos with more pollen from the strain you're trying to turn into an auto.
Then you repeat the process until you're satisfied with the strain, and breed the autos together. It takes a long time to do it properly, but if you take the time you get autos that are closer to the original strain.
That's how it was explained to me, anyway. Maybe they have a different method.

We like to represent our members when they make a reasonable and polite complaint regarding a sponsor.

We have therefore contacted RQS and invited them to comment in this thread.

Hopefully that will resolve this puzzle. :ciao:
I really didn't mean to make a complaint..the two I planted look absolutely amazing.
Thank you very much :) Very nice!

I can't remember how old it is , I haven't been Journaling this auto , but if you are in ten gallons ,,, I really think you have photos just based off how big they are , do you see any hairs between nodes? ,,, and start up a journal lots of us will fallow along and try and help ,,,, you don't need to share personal info , it's super easy,,,,, do you have any idea what strain they are ? They look healthy to me
Just wondering how your secret plant is doing. I'm still puzzled on mine. They are so thick I can hardly see the insides. It will be two months on May 1st and I'm not sure if there are any hairs which seems odd. I'm flipping to 12/12 to see what happens. I guess they are not autos but this plant looks so different then my past few. Its seems really healthy.

Back
Top Bottom