Do auto seeds have a different appearance?

This isn't quite right. The f1 generation are half auto, however that makes fast flowering seeds. You can breed those together to get about 25% auto, 50% fast, and 25% fully photo seeds. You grow those seeds and pollinate those autos with more pollen from the strain you're trying to turn into an auto.
Then you repeat the process until you're satisfied with the strain, and breed the autos together. It takes a long time to do it properly, but if you take the time you get autos that are closer to the original strain.
That's how it was explained to me, anyway. Maybe they have a different method.
Sounds above my level. I've never even grown autos. I appreciate you sharing this w me. I'm sure I've missed something. It's been awhile since I placed the seed order. And the two that i planted look amazing so I've decided to flip to 12/12 and darkness and see what happens.

Sure don't look like cannabis seeds
As far as the 2 you have going I have some late flowering Autos that take 5-6 weeks to show signs & longer to start flower cycle
You never mentioned what your light schedule is . If running 24 /7 try cutting back to see if that helps to trigger flowering

20210504_120827.jpg

20210504_120818.jpg

20210504_120729.jpg

I think I did it! Geez, I should know how to use this by now. Took me a few to find this thread. Look how bad my one plant is doing. The other one now has one leaf on the bottom that looks messed up. This is getting stressful. What do you think this could be? Im running two 600 watt Mars Led's. At first I thought I was burning it so I raised up the one light until I can figure this out.

How long they been on 12/12 for ?
What kind of soil?
is it just the one?
is a fan blowing on that spot ?

How long they been on 12/12 for ?
What kind of soil?
is it just the one?
is a fan blowing on that spot ?
12/12 about a week. FF soil. So far it is just the one. However I do see something on a bottom leaf of the healthy plant. But I think it maybe got caught in the handle when I pulled them out to water. It's so thick i can barely get in there to water. They are in 10 gallon cloth bags. Two 600 w Mars LEDs. 36 x 36 tent. I do have two fans going. One is blowing on the plant. I also have a 4 inch inline with filter. Not sure i have it set up right...lol

you said you gave them some dr earth organic fertilizer? #s on it?
looks like garden fertilizers
did you just top dress? how much did you use ?
On magnification it looks like you got some tip burning on the upper leaves
organics take a while to activate

you said you gave them some dr earth organic fertilizer? #s on it?
looks like garden fertilizers
did you just top dress? how much did you use ?
On magnification it looks like you got some tip burning on the upper leaves
organics take a while to activate
I did not use any fertilizer at all until I started seeing the tips looking burned and then I saw some leaves looking like they were getting brittle and turning dark in places. It didn't start at the bottom but first the tips then some leaves throughout the plant. I planned to not use any food until flower. Plus it looked exceptional. I discovered my FF trio was missing the bloom part. So I had Dr Earths and studied it and felt it would be better then nothing at all. I have a 10 gallon bag so I used a little under 1/2 a cup mixing it in the top soil. The watered w ph 6.5. I kept my lights on 18/6 until last week making my veg almost 8 weeks. I tend to be overly cautious about how often I water. Maybe that could be it? However the other plant gets everything the same and so far she still looks good. Temps staying at a consistent 77F. And humidity has been up a bit around 50. That's more then usual. Being under 50.
Im gonna go read what you sent me about autos and see if I'm doing something wrong. I've been growing this as if it's a pheno so I'm not sure if that's wrong. I did back off on the fans.

I did not use any fertilizer at all until I started seeing the tips looking burned and then I saw some leaves looking like they were getting brittle and turning dark in places
did this plant get over dry before this happened

did this plant get over dry before this happened
Not over dry..imo but if I have an issue w that its gonna be mor watering enough. I let them get dry bf I water. This strain may not be very happy about that. I feel like the leaves look burned but this happened bf I ever fed it anything and it's not just the top that is looking crispy fried. I'm gonna post a pic of a leaf. They are just here and there. And there's not many of them.

16206080214074284619488769139948.jpg

Not over dry..imo but if I have an issue w that its gonna be mor watering enough. I let them get dry bf I water. This strain may not be very happy about that. I feel like the leaves look burned but this happened bf I ever fed it anything and it's not just the top that is looking crispy fried. I'm gonna post a pic of a leaf. They are just here and there. And there's not many of them.

16206080214074284619488769139948.jpg
There is more then I realized. And the good plant has one now. Ugh!

If you didn't water yet give them 1/2 strength of your FF bloom nutes ( stage Early bloom week 2 or3 )
It should kick in a lot quicker than the Dr. earth but remember the Dr. earth it will start to activate more ever time you water ( it was granules that you scratched into the top surface ?)
now that they are in bloom don't let them get too lite weight & definitely don't let them get droopy dry
don't worry be happy , there are looking good still It's the buds & top leaves that really matter

If you didn't water yet give them 1/2 strength of your FF bloom nutes ( stage Early bloom week 2 or3 )
It should kick in a lot quicker than the Dr. earth but remember the Dr. earth it will start to activate more ever time you water ( it was granules that you scratched into the top surface ?)
now that they are in bloom don't let them get too lite weight & definitely don't let them get droopy dry
don't worry be happy , there are looking good still It's the buds & top leaves that really matter
You know I think I did burn them:( I noticed the tips where looking a different color and I raised the lights a little but didn't even think I was under watering them. I have new lights too. So its gonna be a bit different. I use to have two 150 watt CFL's plus one set of the 600 watt LEDs. Now I have two sets and I feel sure they needed more water. Thank you for your advise!

You have to plant one of those seeds to see what they are. Ha ha. Haven't seen a cannabis seed like that before. It's odd because I've had a few seeds from RQS and they've always come in a fancy cardboard package with a little foil sealed plastic bubble containing the seeds. Maybe they're cutting back on packaging.

I really don't think RQS would send out those seeds. RQS have always been very good whenever I have dealt with them. I have grown many of their strains and RQS are very professional. It's most likely the retailer that sent those watermelon seeds.

Thought I had found it. I do find a 'Queen Seeds' when I do google searches but the links keep taking me back to Royal Queen. Gonna try again.
OK, found a home page for what seems to be a 'seedbank' called Queenseeds. They have a facebook page which might have been started last summer. Would have to go to the website itself but my web browser gave warnings about the web page, probably the certification or whatever is out of date or something else is mis-configured. About as far as I am going with that.

I really don't think RQS would send out those seeds. RQS have always been very good whenever I have dealt with them. I have grown many of their strains and RQS are very professional. It's most likely the retailer that sent those watermelon seeds.
Ya know I'm not sure what happened. I know they are professional and I'm cautious about who I would deal with. It's not cheap to shop from abroad. Something that is odd about this is when I recieved the package it did not come from the UK. It was some other country. Belize I think it was... something strange about this. The five seeds that look normal I am happy with the two I have planted. I'm halfway through and they were beautiful until I burned them. They are hanging in there and hopefully will make it to the end. If they don't it's my fault.
I will eventually plant one of those mega looking seeds to see what sprouts.

Back
Top Bottom