Do You Run UV Lights at Late Flowering?

ViparSpectra

420 Sponsor
UV grow lights are still expensive at the market, but recently becoming a trending to run for 1-2 hrs at late flowering. Do you run UV light at late flowering? How does the UV make effect to the harvest in your experience? Let's discuss more.

I do as a matter of fact I use a LEC and a sodium together I'm a big fan of mixed spectrum I just have my sodium come on for the first hr by itself on a sunrise/sunset feature on the gavita then the lec comes on and then opposite in the evening just like outside the lights are on a mover it covers the 4×8 bed perfect 👍
IMG_20230210_075315.jpg
IMG_20230210_075343.jpg

I do as a matter of fact I use a LEC and a sodium together I'm a big fan of mixed spectrum I just have my sodium come on for the first hr by itself on a sunrise/sunset feature on the gavita then the lec comes on and then opposite in the evening just like outside the lights are on a mover it covers the 4×8 bed perfect 👍

is that relevant to the question ? i don't think those things throw much or any UV and your answering to a led mfgr.
their light would already have wider spectrum than the two hid pictured.

Well sun system says that the Light emitting ceramic emits uv that's why it's relivant you'll have to take it up with them if it doesn't

nearly all lights carry some uv including mh, hps, and led. the OP is asking about adding supplemental direct UV in flower. it's at the extreme end of the red spectrum.

If that doesn't I'm thinking my plasma light does

yeah, that plasma should have more than the hid. it'll definitely carry more than most led.

I use the sunrise/sunset feature on the control and I veg after transplant from pots to my bed I run strictly Lec first week the I kick on the sodium I have that come on an hr before the LEC or plasma on sunrise 30 min ramp up time then at night the Lec shuts off an hr before the sodium with that on sunset for 30 min ramp down time and as the flowers progress I dim the Lec and ramp up Watts on the sodium dependant on time of year for heat. I try to immitate out side the best I can ✌️

It's old school tech but it works I mix it with the sodium my plasma and sodium are Gavita

plasma is actually fairly new. at least home lighting systems. it's been eclipsed by led as both showed up around the same time, and led simply consumes less energy and is less of a fire issue.

at one point it was thought plasma would replace hid. the manufacture and sale of hid bulbs is being restricted and slowly phased out here.

I don't know my plasma is old old gavita doesn't even sell them anymore and it it goes out NO bulb to replace in that light the light is trash because it runs off gas and arc not a filament ✌️

about 15 yrs ago plasma made a splash here. it was right about the time the led white light revolution was getting underway.

i wasn't talking about a bulb for plasma. i do know different types of lighting well. i was a light tech for a music production company. we used cob led before they were commercially available for growing.

Never heard of those I'll have to check it out I'm just a good ole car parts maker so I just go off what the manufacturer and the research do tells me and I try to make the best common sense, sustainable and cost effective decision i can when I first started growing I was using t12s and a factor sodium light for flower YIKES getting OLD!!

Never heard of those I'll have to check it out I'm just a good ole car parts maker

what do you make ? i been fixing up an old bmw e30.

so I just go off what the manufacturer and the research do tells me and I try to make the best common sense, sustainable and cost effective decision i can when I first started growing I was using t12s and a factor sodium light for flower YIKES getting OLD!!

you started better than i did. i ran t5's for few years back in the dark - literally - ages lol.

what do you make ? i been fixing up an old bmw e30.

you started better than i did. i ran t5's for few years back in the dark - literally - ages lol.
You know all the info now adays that's available it's CRAZY to me lol I never had that luxury back in the day I'm still sneaking into the grow store and I'm a card Carrie lol

Back
Top Bottom