Does anyone find that sublingual works when edibles don't?

Rickstertp

My wife loves her gummies. She can eat a few and be well medicated. I can eat the entire batch and feel nothing. I have tried my own as well as three different ones from a dispensary and none worked. I even tried 100mg gelcaps and three of them did very little. 10mg puts my wife over the moon.

Anyway, I saw someone suggest that the sublingual pathway might work when ingesting doesn't. Has anyone found that to be the case? I don't want to waste valuable bud making something that doesn't work and my wife is a recovering alcoholic, so anything made with ethanol can't be used by her.

Please someone tell me that edibles did nothing for them but tincture under the tongue worked.

Thanks!

My wife loves her gummies. She can eat a few and be well medicated. I can eat the entire batch and feel nothing. I have tried my own as well as three different ones from a dispensary and none worked. I even tried 100mg gelcaps and three of them did very little. 10mg puts my wife over the moon.

Anyway, I saw someone suggest that the sublingual pathway might work when ingesting doesn't. Has anyone found that to be the case? I don't want to waste valuable bud making something that doesn't work and my wife is a recovering alcoholic, so anything made with ethanol can't be used by her.

Please someone tell me that edibles did nothing for them but tincture under the tongue worked.

Thanks!
I was in the same boat as you my wife would get blasted off of 10mg gummies and me nothing, did some research and apparently some people can't get high from edibles cause they are missing an enzyme in the liver to process it, I was also told that more amounts of soy lichen added to the making of the edibles may help your body better absorb THCa the precursor to THC once metabolized by your body. :)

lol ... Let me know if you find out if sublingual works , I'm like you I don't want to waste good bud or trim on a maybe it will work edible...... Now when making a tincture for sublingual you can use coconut instead of alcohol to infuse it into a tincture and then you can put it in anything. :)

On some other sites there is a belief that a fatty meal about an hour before edible consumption will help more of the psycho active compounds to pass through the liver into the bloodstream. I believe it is called first pass. If you ingest on an empty stomach the liver will burn off the compounds, allegedly.
i make an oral spray of reduced tincture (10ml) and glycerine. I get a glow from spraying it into my mouth and the hit comes after I swallow the rest of the liquid. So far sub lingual and buccal (cheek) absorption seems to be inefficient unless there is a high concentrate.
There are also hash caps. I made a dozen about three months ago, still have six-potent pure medicine with narcotic high effects.
my favorite delivery is infused coconut oil with lecithin. I get 8+ hours of wandering the hallway.
currently enjoying my infused simple syrup, makes great chocolate milk.

Thanks. I've tried all that. I am just one of those people who could infuse a pound of top shelf, decarboxylated herb into a stick of butter or coconut oil and ingest the whole mess at once and it would likely do nothing. I am hoping that since the sublingual route bypasses the liver, that I will get an effect. Now making a tincture that absorbs sublingually but doesn't burn with too much alcohol is my challenge.
I'd still love to hear someone who has good success with sublingual.

When I take my 20:1 indica oil, I keep it in my mouth for about a minute before swallowing and I notice the desired effect within 15-30 minutes. I also have a problem when I ingest my canna-dust caps — sometimes I don’t feel them and/or feel very little. For insurance, to help the stone along, I have found that eating a PB&J sandwich about an hour after taking the caps usually helps me kickstart the effects. My favourite strain for dust caps “french cookies”.

Hey Rickstertp

I've never had edibles or butter so I can’t give comparison on that part but I do get buzzed with either green dragon or rso when taken as oral or sublingual dose, but fwiw my version of infused olive oil seemed much weaker. When pain level is really bad I may chew a bit of cob for 5 minutes and swallow that too.

I will say there are keys to making it work and I'm not an expert, but yeah fatty food an hour before, hold the dose under your tongue - don’t swallow right away, don’t drink afterwards for 5 or 10 minutes. Later add another small dose on top of tongue, swirl it around. Sure at some point you’ve got to swallow and drink to wash nasty taste down but I seem to find success with microdosing a couple 2-3 rounds to get started.

I use Liquid soy lecithin in mine to help potentiate the meds and it’s added before cooking or reduction.
Edit to add, just reviewed and saw about alcohol addiction. You could cook it all the way down to rso and forget the green dragon part because that’s just alcohol infused with THC.

Iam one of those that has exactly the opposite reaction.
Which is why I prefer tinctures because the dose is exactly the same and feeling is pretty much identical everytime.
With edibles i could get a mild buzz or take off on a full blown magic carpet ride.
With tinctures I can take 2-3 drops and it's exactly the same everytime.
The high also starts to come on in about 15 minutes instead of hours later.

The amount of alcohol left in it is very small, I do one ounce of weed at a time and that usually last both my wife and I about a month, I put it into a 15ml bottle and it fills it about 60% so about 9ml from an ounce and I doubt there's maybe at most .5ml of alcohol in it.
I use 200 proof alcohol and there's no burn at all under the tongue.

I'd still love to hear someone who has good success with sublingual.

oh yeah. epic bro stories even lol ... :laughtwo:

my best guess is you probably have super hero tolerance built up as is. i don't get much from edibles unless i been on a sabbatical. even then i never have the patience to do just the edible, and smoke all through it anyway .. :p

i make a vg tinture that can be surprising. it's like an edible but taken sublingual. onset is way faster, and you can control the dosage. problem is it's delicious, and most swallow it, instead of letting it sit under the tongue.

i do both cbd and thc based. the 1:1 cbd/thc strains i do will give novices a lift. the straight up thc tincture is not for minors .... can get rubber legs on too many droppers lol. :cheesygrinsmiley:

it's mostly a med based approach though. it's great for a total body effect, and can relieve a fair amount of aches and pains.

@Rickstertp ... le recipe ..

i made a few versions. this is currently easiest and most effective.

edit: oh yeah, wifey will like too .... good luck on keeping it around lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

@Rickstertp ... le recipe ..

i made a few versions. this is currently easiest and most effective.

edit: oh yeah, wifey will like too .... good luck on keeping it around lol :cheesygrinsmiley:
Definitely not tolerance, although I do have a good tolerance built up. I do believe it has to do with first pass in the liver and sublingual bypasses that. I would love to know your recipe/procedure for the vg tincture. I'd prefer to not use alcohol, so my wife can share also.

Back
Top Bottom