Does fluctuations in temperature during drying effect bud quality?

If it's too colorful a nice camo tarp over it

Screenshot_20240410_164038_Chrome.jpg

My buds smell like toilet freshner because the DampRid was scented with lavender. The DampRid hang packets didn't work and I lost another 10% to mold.

Plan C - I've got some non-scented DampRid but in plastic tubs rather than hang packets, I think this will work better.
I doubt you’ll get all the stink out of your weed from the damprid, didn’t you notice or read it was scented? I appreciate your tenacity and work ethic, but truly, at this point I think you’d be better off buying your weed until such time as you get all the kinks worked out, or have a safe indoor spot to grow/dry your plants. Remember the 6 P’s: “Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance”. Hope you can save some of it.

I doubt you’ll get all the stink out of your weed from the damprid,

You might be right there, I can still smell it in my nose (or maybe it's my brain playing tricks on me), but yeah it's bad.

didn’t you notice or read it was scented?

Nay I didn't read the packet, I've never used any type of moisture absorber before for anything so I wasn't aware they are scented.

I appreciate your tenacity and work ethic, but truly, at this point I think you’d be better off buying your weed until such time as you get all the kinks worked out, or have a safe indoor spot to grow/dry your plants.

Yep I was thinking the same thing, it's cheaper for me to import high grade indoors from California to NZ than to guerrilla grow here. I started with around 200 seeds (to off set the expected heavy losses) and ended up with about 5-6 OZ's of buds that smell like toilet freshner.

Remember the 6 P’s: “Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance”. Hope you can save some of it.

I've been planning for months but my original plans didn't work out so had to keep changing it up.

A tent would be easier to work with than a tarp especially when it's raining and I got to check the buds, but beyond that I don't think it would make a huge difference to my situation. Humidity can get up to 95% outside so that's what the RH will be inside the tent as well.
I would set the tent up, out the tarp over it. I would Install 1 fan on a solar panel, 2 if it could handle it. Or with backup battery.

I would put a non scented damp rid within the tent just to alleviate any EXTRA.

I have used just a tarp to create a lean to, for drying also.

Shoe string, full stealth grow is the highest difficulty setting you can attempt. Just getting to a successful harvest is a huge win for most people who attempt it. I started in the early 80's with 24 plants in 4 grow sights. getting 3 of those plants to harvest totaling a pound was an exceptionally good year. Two days of minimum wage pay and I could just go buy a pound of high quality back then. With time and experience I planted less and harvested more. Hopefully you are growing because you enjoy it and can be motivated by your success. Even if only one bud makes it, and It tastes like your grandmas bathroom, consider a success. We all started with a story like that. It's a wright of passage.

if you can get the buds to ~70% rh you could vacuum pack or cob it to cure the rest of the way. it won't be dry enough or make it to cure under the current conditions before it rots or molds out.

if you can get the buds to ~70% rh you could vacuum pack or cob it to cure the rest of the way. it won't be dry enough or make it to cure under the current conditions before it rots or molds out.

I don't have a RH reader but I'm confident the RH is under control now with help from the DampRid containers. I'll know in a few hours when I check up on em.

Back
Top Bottom