Dooski's Grow Version 1.5 DWC Cooler CFL/HPS WW x BB

Re: Dooski's Grow Version 1.5 Dwc Cooler Cfl/Hps WWxBB AN Jungle Juice

YAYAYA Dooskie, I like the mats. Yesterday I got a clear plastic storage bin to make a nursery. I'll put the lid down upside down and use the bin part for a dome, just need to make some adjustable vent holes, gettin ready to root cuttings. Ordered hormex concentrated rooting hormone, that's what I used in school, It's a little different form than I used to use. This soiless stuff is makin me curious, movin dirt all the time is a pain in my butt! Good deal on the light setup! I would use the light if I thought it would help.

YAYAYA Dooskie, I like the mats. Yesterday I got a clear plastic storage bin to make a nursery. I'll put the lid down upside down and use the bin part for a dome, just need to make some adjustable vent holes, gettin ready to root cuttings. Ordered hormex concentrated rooting hormone, that's what I used in school, It's a little different form than I used to use. This soiless stuff is makin me curious, movin dirt all the time is a pain in my butt! Good deal on the light setup! I would use the light if I thought it would help.

u dont need rooting hormone. Just water is better, i produce thousands of cuttings per year, trust me.

Hmmmm, i'll have to try water, I know a grower who once told me that they used to grind the tops they took when topping into the ground with their foot and alot of them would grow. We used hormones on all the commercial ornamentals i've worked with. The company we got the cuttings from would recommend the concentration ( hormex ) that we should use to root their cuttings. My cloner is coming together.

ok well if u are aerocloning definately dont use hormone, it just makes res slimey. i used gels and powders for a very long time but not just plain h2o. i get roots like this in inder 2 weeks. on average 3-5 days to show 10-14 til i pot.

20121009_153346.jpg

20120930_180928.jpg

more light the better mate if u can control temps. is it 400w? i'd try it a full power then if u need to dim it then do it. more like = more bud!

I like your style:cheesygrinsmiley: Ya its a 400 watter. Also those are some awesome roots for that amount of time! Do you use tap water for your cloner? And what do you keep the ph and temp at?

just tap water. no ph, the ph solutions are toxic to cuttings and u dont need to ph as there is no nutrient to uptake. temps around 75-80f until roots show through then 70f once they show. the warm water encourages the cuttings to sprout. because the cuttings will only be in 2 weeks max u can get away with the higher temps. plenty airstones is a must.

just tap water. no ph, the ph solutions are toxic to cuttings and u dont need to ph as there is no nutrient to uptake. temps around 75-80f until roots show through then 70f once they show. the warm water encourages the cuttings to sprout. because the cuttings will only be in 2 weeks max u can get away with the higher temps. plenty airstones is a must.

Sweet thanks for the info! I plan on trying to take some clones from my next run. They always seem to do alot better than plants from seeds.

Hey Dooskie, you mentioned a light meter, do you have any suggestions? I've been looking and could probly use suggestions.....thx

Sorry I dont know much about them. I mentioned one of those all in one meters mainly because they measured ph and moisture. I have one and it measures light on a 0 to about 3000 scale. It stays maxed out when within a foot of of my light, reads 2000 at about 18in, and 1000 at about 23in if that helps any. I guess it would be handy if you were trying to compare different lights.

Also congratulations to all of my friends in Colorado and Washington! Today was historic and I hope many more states will follow soon!

I moved the light that was hung already back and as high as I could, its only a couple of inches off of the ceiling now. It feels nice knowing I wont have to move it any more this grow lol. After I got that done I went ahead and hung the new one over the wwxbb. While I was doing that I dropped my tape measurer and it took out one of the smaller branches near the top, I twist tied it back up but I dont think it will recover. Im just glad it wasnt a couple inches over and didnt take out the main cola:cheesygrinsmiley:

After moving the existing light
IMAG04078.jpg

After installing the new one
IMAG04099.jpg

Yep, shit happens Dooskie. You don't have to sweat a branch for sure. Your setup is going to be the model for mine. All the fundamentals are there, simple, no confusion, to the point. Still studying to make sure I don't overlook any details. I've got seeds from a new strain coming to me and this may be their southern debut. While I don' have much practical experience with weed plants, I have very close freinds that have almost 100 years growing time between two of them. They never give me any particulars, just fundamentals. I bet they laugh their ass off at my escapades! They are pleased that I've decided to grow, they used to say I was " wasting " my education. I have audited huge grows for people to see just where the numbers were and how they could be improved. Before my move south I attended multi day get-togethers with growers from around the world. I intend to succeed to honor those that have taken me under their wing ( so to speak ) and shared many years of experience and untold riches of knowlege. Thanks to all.

Holy shit I love the bamboo forest! SO MUCH GREEN!!:bravo::nicethread: I was seriously surprised by the size of those girls . I might've missed it, but how many girls are currently flowering in that cooler, 2?. The roots must be massive, I remember the root mass on my one plant in a 10 gal dwc.

:idea: A few ideas I had while inspired by your grow, I recommend checking out a micro-pore diffuser air stone, which basically makes a lot of small bubbles to increase surface area & increases oxygenation of the res., it was recommended to me by a few growers and I've never looked back. They are a bit pricey but check ebay and there are a few different sizes that aren't as expensive.

Second, I'm a scrog-addict if you will, & seeing all those branches & your problems with light just make me think a SCROG in that closet would help immensely to keep your canopy in check & maximize yield. If you're interested theres a decent explanation of the technique in my signature.

That said I can't wait to see how much bud these girls crank out, I'm sure you're going to have a hefty harvest my friend.

Holy shit I love the bamboo forest! SO MUCH GREEN!!:bravo::nicethread: I was seriously surprised by the size of those girls . I might've missed it, but how many girls are currently flowering in that cooler, 2?. The roots must be massive, I remember the root mass on my one plant in a 10 gal dwc.

:idea: A few ideas I had while inspired by your grow, I recommend checking out a micro-pore diffuser air stone, which basically makes a lot of small bubbles to increase surface area & increases oxygenation of the res., it was recommended to me by a few growers and I've never looked back. They are a bit pricey but check ebay and there are a few different sizes that aren't as expensive.

Second, I'm a scrog-addict if you will, & seeing all those branches & your problems with light just make me think a SCROG in that closet would help immensely to keep your canopy in check & maximize yield. If you're interested theres a decent explanation of the technique in my signature.

That said I can't wait to see how much bud these girls crank out, I'm sure you're going to have a hefty harvest my friend.

Hi mrhighed thanks for stopping by and the complements!
There are currently 3 plants in the cooler but 1 of them is pretty small and you can barely see it in the full shot. I would definitely like to try out some other stones. Are the ones your speaking of the white ones or maybe the wood ones? I started out with a couple of blue stones and switched them out for some flexible ones. The very next res change I went back to the blue ones because the flexible ones were getting clogged quickly. I intended to do a scrog in the beginning of the grow but I ended up not doing it and the tall ones height just went crazy and it got away from me. I will for sure be doing some sort of screen or netting next run.

Couple of questions for you guys. Im sure the wwxbb will finish sooner than the others. What do I do about the roots? They are all entangled and I dont know if I harvest the wwxbb first will its dead roots affect the others? And also what do I do about flushing? How can I flush the wwxbb without affecting the others that are going to take longer?

Note to self I did a res change today. The branch that I dropped the tape measurer on ended up surviving! I was pretty surprised, about 90% of the branch had been severed and it was barely hanging on. But after a little tape and a tie strap it never really showed any bad signs. The buds on the wwxbb still seem pretty small, I think having the light so far from it for so long hurt it pretty bad yield wise. I measured the tall one today and its one inch shy of 6ft, and with the cooler its over 7ft. Its pretty crazy standing in front of it I never imagined it would get this tall, and its about 4ft wide at the top. I think I may run it for plant of the month in december:)

Pics from today 52nd day of flower

IMAG04178.jpg

WWxBB
IMAG041810.jpg

IMAG041912.jpg

IMAG042111.jpg

IMAG042013.jpg

IMAG042611.jpg

IMAG04278.jpg

Little lady on the side
IMAG04229.jpg

IMAG042310.jpg

Couple of little bud shots from the tall one
IMAG04289.jpg

IMAG042910.jpg

IMAG043210.jpg

Well the tall one officially touched the light again yesterday. There is really nothing more I can do, Im just going to have to let it touch the light. Its only two tops touching at the moment but Im sure more are to follow. By the looks of it it has at least 2 more weeks to go. The wwxbb looks like its getting close and I will be getting a microscope soon to really check. It smells absolutely fantastic. I took a sample bud yesterday so I would have a little for thanksgiving.:cheesygrinsmiley:

IMAG04837.jpg

IMAG04788.jpg

IMAG04907.jpg

IMAG04853.jpg

im surprised its still stretching at this point! Maybe try a diff strain next time. A.M.S by greenhouse seeds grows perfectly in dwc, doesnt get tall, very bushy, heavy buds and very very nice smoke, excellent for making resin.

im surprised its still stretching at this point! Maybe try a diff strain next time. A.M.S by greenhouse seeds grows perfectly in dwc, doesnt get tall, very bushy, heavy buds and very very nice smoke, excellent for making resin.

Lol me too! I will definitely be going with something different next run. I really never intended to run them in the first place, I germinated the two bag seeds just in case all of the wwxbb's didnt sprout. And only one sprouted so I ran them, crazy how stuff works out. Whats your average veg and flower time with ams? Prices on its seeds are great, its crazy how it says its flower period is 8-14 weeks.

Lol me too! I will definitely be going with something different next run. I really never intended to run them in the first place, I germinated the two bag seeds just in case all of the wwxbb's didnt sprout. And only one sprouted so I ran them, crazy how stuff works out. Whats your average veg and flower time with ams? Prices on its seeds are great, its crazy how it says its flower period is 8-14 weeks.

i veg 2 weeks, 3 max and flower 8-9. Thats from cuttings though.

That is crazy. How the hell do you keep the temps down in that closet. Your whole house must smell by now?

Its been cooler lately so that has helped but with the two black fans and the box fan(couldnt see in other pics)at the bottom it stays right at 77-78f.

Note to self I did a res change on friday.
I ordered a scope and it should be here by this weekend hopefully. I also got my next seeds ordered. I ended up with 5 Dinafem roadrunner(auto), 5 Dinafem blue widow, and 2 afghan kush ryder(auto) all for under $40us shipped:) I think I will give the roadrunner's a shot next run. The tall one is still doing its thing and has begun growing around the light again.

IMAG05208.jpg

IMAG05188.jpg

IMAG05236.jpg

IMAG052210.jpg

IMAG05255.jpg

IMAG05286.jpg

IMAG05273.jpg

I don't know if it helps but about your roots left in the cooler I don't think it will hurt your other plant that is still flowering. According to the directions I read on a hydrotron bag it says to leave the old root mass in when sterilizing the pellets as the new plants will eat them. Don't know if that holds true with your situation.

Back
Top Bottom