Dooski's Grow Version 1.5 DWC Cooler CFL/HPS WW x BB

Re: Dooski's Grow Version 1.5 Dwc Cooler Cfl/Hps WWxBB AN Jungle Juice

Wow these babies are in overdrive now. Still no signs of sex yet. Look at the big one relative to the plaid shirt next to it and you can see how much its grown in 2 days.

IMAG015314.jpg

IMAG015714.jpg

Well I'm to new at this to say they look like female pistillate but here a link to some pretty good pictures.
What are preflowers?

congrats on the fem, the plants looks great, growing so quick, cant wait for some bud pics later on, going to be some damn nice buds, well done mate, ill leave the naming to you,

congrats on the fem, the plants looks great, growing so quick, cant wait for some bud pics later on, going to be some damn nice buds, well done mate, ill leave the naming to you,

I'm excited to get to see some buds too:cheesygrinsmiley:. About when do you see yours start to form? Mine still only have a few small pistils not much bigger than in the picture above.

The tall one is still growing like crazy, its been doing about 2 inches a day for a while now. I sure wish I would have done sort of training with it when I had the chance. I tried to spread it out some today and almost spilt it in two, the branches are just to thick. The plants are at the point now where they are drinking about a gallon a day. The little one in the front has pretty much quit growing. I think it was a combination of it roots getting taken over by the tall one and a lack of light. Also I ended up topping that top that was in the pics with the measuring tape so we will see how that turns out.

Pic from 2 days ago

IMAG018613.jpg

Pics from today
IMAG019116.jpg

IMAG019817.jpg

IMAG01949.jpg

IMAG019913.jpg

You should start to see some bud growth around 2 to 3 weeks into flowering. It all depends on the strain. It won't be long and the miracle of this plant will make you so excited that it will be hard to sit and wait. :thumb: Have fun

Today my light got maxed out in height where it was so I was forced to hang it from the ceiling in the middle of the closet. The tall one is a few inches past 3ft as of today, still no buds yet but it shouldn't be much longer.

Pics from today (day 15 of flower)
IMAG022111.jpg

IMAG022313.jpg

IMAG022213.jpg

Very nice! What is keeping those things from falling over? And how do you change out that water?

Thanks light! Your ladies are coming along very nicely to! Not really sure on the falling over thing, I was surprised myself. But you can push on it pretty good and it wont fall over. I think its a combination of it being a strong plant from the start, always having alot of air being blown on it, a securely mounted net pot, and a good root mass. Im sure I will have to tie it to something before its said and done though. I will definitely be doing some training next go around. With the changing the water I have a plastic storage tote that is the same size as the cooler and I set it next to it and pick the top up with the plants and set them in/on the tote while im changing the cooler out. But I purchased a pump since my last change so I may use it next time or the one after.

Yeah I think I would drill a hole on top next time that can be plugged so you can pump out the water and refill without taking off the lid. with all the roots and the tall plants that has to be getting a little difficult to change.

plant looks great, it should stop stretching soon and start flowering, its going to be a good harvest by the looks of it, well done mate

Thanks Light and DP. I did my last res change without using the pump today and it will definitely be the last time. When I was lifting the plants up they almost got chopped up in the ceiling fan lol. The tall one ended up trying to fall over had had to be secured, good call light. Its 1in short of 4ft as of today. They are finally starting to show a little bud formation.

IMAG024915.jpg

IMAG024012.jpg

IMAG024216.jpg

IMAG025910.jpg

IMAG02619.jpg

IMAG026213.jpg

IMAG026412.jpg

IMAG02657.jpg

Now that is a lady. Very nice :goodjob:

hi nice grow.

Few points really. I have well over 100 grows behind me and have experimented with many things. i say this just so u know i have a little experience on growing ;)

Firstly, although ur well into flower now, wen ur in veg and plants are young dont trim roots. It causes huge stress on young plant and u want massive roots early as poss. Number 1 growing tip: huge roots = huge buds. If u want to slow plant growth and stretch then use a defoliation technique. its far far more effective. Only trim roots wen plants become root boound or are sick and even then try repot or fix with other methhods,

These days i also use dual spectrum hps. saves alot hassle wen u do large grows, however if u only changing 1 or 2 bulbs mh is the better option in veg. i usually switch afer 1 week flower. Remember u do want some stretch during first couple weeks flower, this will lead to largeer buds on final product. Using a product like bud ignitor will absolutely increase bud sites but when growin dwc, so long as u have the main basic nutes u'll find u will get many flower sites anyway.

Once ur roots are sizable u wont damage them if y take them out res for a res change unless u really rough or leave in light for long periods, i assume u wont do this. on none rdwc wen i do maybe 5 or 6 individual pots i just place plants in bath while doing res change and so long as bath is clean its never done me any harm.

Wen dwc growing its a good idea to scrog, ive yet to grow on where the plant can hold buds under its own strength, also scrogging will allow more light in and increase bud sites and bud size.

Finally defoliate to the death. DWC plants love it, ive grown many strains, sativa and indica and never had a prob. U are giving plant everyting it needs through the rootzone so fan leaves arent needed like they are in an outdoor grow. more light=more bud.

I'd defoliate at day 21 and tie down to open up.

Nice idea with the cooler, thats a great idea to keep temps down.

Also bare in mind that when growing from seed it usually takes longer to show sign of flower than it does if u grow from cuttings unless u've had a long veg period.

Plants look healthy, keep up good work. Hope u get a bumper crop. 15oz easy achievable. with a 400w hps :peace:

:thanks: Everyone!

Thanks for stopping in and giving all of the good info Cultivator! I for sure will be doing a scrog next time, I never imagined they would get this tall. Its kinda hard to tell but Ive been doing a little defoliation everyday, about 3-5 leaves a day to help keep light on the budsites. It blows my mind for you to say 15oz is achievable. My goal was 6 and if I get anywhere near 15 I will be very very happy.

:420:ROCKS!

lol with respect u just made me giggle. if i got 6oz i would kick the set up in the face, spit my dummy out and have a major hump on!!!! the goal is worst case on 400w (cos thats what matters not plant numbers) is 4 per plant. Still easy achievable. advise is switch to shooting powder last 3 weeks.. u'll only need couple packets and set of scales to weigh, it a solid finisher. Id mass defoliate. thats all i do, theres enough green to absorb light without fan leaves. fan leaves do have a job and place but on an indoor dwc u can do pretty much without. :peace:

lol with respect u just made me giggle. if i got 6oz i would kick the set up in the face, spit my dummy out and have a major hump on!!!! the goal is worst case on 400w (cos thats what matters not plant numbers) is 4 per plant. Still easy achievable. advise is switch to shooting powder last 3 weeks.. u'll only need couple packets and set of scales to weigh, it a solid finisher. Id mass defoliate. thats all i do, theres enough green to absorb light without fan leaves. fan leaves do have a job and place but on an indoor dwc u can do pretty much without. :peace:

I will have to check out the shooting powder, I had never heard of it. Would it be ok to use with the bloombastic? I went ahead and took your advice and did a mass defol and it just so happen to be the 21st day.

IMAG02869.jpg

IMAG02848.jpg

IMAG02857.jpg

IMAG028717.jpg

Back
Top Bottom