DrDan's Advanced Nutrients Hydro Grow, Afghan-Gooey and Others

Beautiful setup man, props! +Reps!

SG

Thanks SanibelGreen, nice of you to stop in.:thanks: I am on the way into my veg room to shoot a couple of update pics. I will try and get them uploaded tonight.:dreamy:

So I have been battling the heat here and with room temps being 87 degrees, I decided to raise the light another 6 inches if not only to decrease some heat at the tops but also decrease stress from light intensity. I use aircooled lights and typically am able to have the fixture as close as 4 inches without burning from heat. Though this has been my practice, as of late I have been thinking hard on this and find myself wanting to try it with the lights a bit further away on a full time basis. If anyone has any input or 2 cents on this I would be most interested in it.

Well, as I promised, here are some update pics.
July14.jpg

July14_with_moms.jpg

Here are the girls with the Mom's in the background
July15_with_CO2_bags.jpg

Here are the girls this AM with CO2 bags in thier midst
July15_clones.jpg

Healthy clones so far:wood:

I have a plant in the center that is experiencing a bit of leaf curl while the rest are not. I am wondering if a spreader would make a difference without sacrificing too much in light intensity as it seems to me it is coming from the lamps hot spot. Anyone else have exp. with any light spreaders? If so, what brand and what was your experience?
Well, enough with my own thread, time to :reading420magazine:

Love the pic updates DrDan! :goodjob:

I would say you can raise the lights up if you want too. Many people do it to intentionally get their plants to stretch. In your case, I suggest finding a height that doesn't stretch the plants but still gives you the coverage you need.

:goodluck: bro! +reps

I could only wish to have that many clones...:bong: Are they all dif strains or same ones you are growing?

SG

Three different strains, Afghan-Gooey, F-13, and a bag seed plant with great prod and decent effect I call BG for Big Girl. The person I obtained my Permafrost vs Alaskan Thunder F*** (ATF) clones from stopped in to see the flowering room and says it is most likely ATF from the looks of things at this point (6 weeks into flower). So one mystery solved, and since I just got my seeds this morning from Seedmadness, the other mystery girl is moot. I now have known White Widow, Hash Plant, Afghan Kush and Bubblelicious. They are regular seeds as I am actually hoping for a male from each to start up my own breeding program.:ganjamon: They included 3 free seeds, one each of White Widow (fem), Top Skunk 44 and Skunk Haze (reg). :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Needless to say I am jacked! Third time IS the charm! Finally some seeds that made it through to me. I won't tell you what each of these seeds averaged me in cost figuring in my two failed previous attempts, but right now it feels totally worth it.:yahoo:

Love the pic updates DrDan! :goodjob:

I would say you can raise the lights up if you want too. Many people do it to intentionally get their plants to stretch. In your case, I suggest finding a height that doesn't stretch the plants but still gives you the coverage you need.

:goodluck: bro! +reps

Thanks Green, I popped in on them this AM and the curl is still present but no worse. I think I am going to have to deal with the heat by increasing the efficiency of my exhaust. Thank God I got paid today and rent doesn't come out of this check. I am going to vent the lights seperately so that intake isn't from inside the room which should help provide cooler air to the light. So I am off to the store, pics to follow of my solution... if it works. :wood:

Mr.DrDan..

Looks like a pretty nice Set-Up.. I think Ill pull up a Chair for this Grow if you dont mind good Sir.. ..

Much Respect.. ..

:)

Mr.DrDan..

Looks like a pretty nice Set-Up.. I think Ill pull up a Chair for this Grow if you dont mind good Sir.. ..

Much Respect.. ..

:)

Welcome RedDawg! Glad you could make it to the show, and just in time for a couple pics.:popcorn:

I also took a picture of my seeds that made it to me today. My first successful delivery! Thanks to one of our sponsors, SeedMadness.:yahoo:

Puppies_and_Plants_002.jpg

6 inch fan cooling lights, inlet from outside of room and exhausts oustide room
Puppies_and_Plants_003_3_.jpg

6 inch booster fan for fresh air, you can see the inlet for the lights behind it

I have a 4 inch vortex fan with a 120 can filter connected to a thermostat to vent the room. It has a day night temp setting so I have it on 68 degrees for night and 75 degrees for day. I will see tomorrow if the changes I made make enough of a difference.

Puppies_and_Plants_001.jpg

Here are my treasures, the three on the left in a baggie are freebies from SeedMadness. A feminized White widow, and a regular Skunk Haze and Top Skunk 44 seed. I couldn't be more pleased!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Time for me to hit the pipe then hit the hay. Gonna go teach my wife how to fly radio controled airplanes. There is more than one way to get high.;)

Hey Dr Dan,

I am Excited that I have found a Grow Journal to get into from the beginning!!!!

Obviously this is not your first RODEO!!!

I want to see every pic you have on this journal from start to finnish!!!

Thanks, I can tell I am going to learn alot. I give you + reps too.

I never really knew what reps are for but you my man get them from the Acer man!!!

I'm here to learn, so please tell us more! Details, please!

Welcome Roseman, I am honored to have ya here. I am always up for learning something new myself and any input you have will be greatly appreciated.:welcome:

Nice looking setup man :)

SG

Thanks very much. It has evolved over the past year and I am sure it will continue. I can't stop tinkering or looking for a better way to skin a cat. Welcome to the grow and I hope we all learn something along the way.:welcome:

Nice job! I love the pics!

Thanks Green, I really appreciated being able to see what others were doing myself. Gives me all kinds of ideas and I really love it when I see a set up and say to myself "I never thought of that".:idea: I am very visual so I like to see lots of pics. Which is why I must resize the ones I took today so I can upload and post them. Back in a bit.:ciao:

Hey Dr Dan,

I am Excited that I have found a Grow Journal to get into from the beginning!!!!

Obviously this is not your first RODEO!!!

I want to see every pic you have on this journal from start to finnish!!!

Thanks, I can tell I am going to learn alot. I give you + reps too.

I never really knew what reps are for but you my man get them from the Acer man!!!

Hi Acer and :welcome:, and thanks for the reps! I am glad to have you aboard and I am also happy to be subscribed to your grow as well. I like to get in on the ground floor of things, or as near as possible, myself.

You are correct this is not my first dance with Mary Jane, but it I still consider myself a newcomer to hydro since I have only been growing for a year. I can still remember the day I came home with my papers and no friggin idea of where to get what I needed. All I can say is Thank God for :reading420magazine:. I wish I had found it earlier in my seedling phase but all is good now that I am getting my first true set of leaves.:yummy:
I try and soak up all the nutrients I can while I am here.

As for pics... oooooh, I love pics. Got a special treat tonight as well.:)

5_surviving_clones_and_newcomers.jpg

This is what is left of the clones in the Botanicare cloner, 5 survivors and I have 7 newcomers from an experiment in cloning gels going.

morning_after_vent_fix.jpg

The ladies the morning after I changed from the 4" fan cooling the light and venting the room to seperate 6" fan cooling the light and 4 " fan venting room.

my_current_CO2_system.jpg

My economy CO2 system, and it works.

suppercrop_slight_break.jpg

A closeup of a supercrop with some surface tissue fracture.

patch_job.jpg

This one looked bad enough for me to give it a bandaid. The growth has not slowed at all.
The rooms temp was 78 this am and 84 at its hottest today, currently a balmy 81 degrees and 60% humidity.

And now for the treat :popcorn: Some pics of my bloom room and current girls.
view_of_lights_on_mover.jpg

2 1000k HPS lights on 5.0 light rail vented with a 6" fan and an inline 6" booster fan. The travel is a total of 2 feet and covers this 4' x 8' area well.

current_flowering_ladies_6_wks.jpg

Another view of the girls, 6 weeks into flowering

6wks_flowering.jpg

Thats OG Kush on the right end, Afghan-Gooey is in the middle and ATF on the other end (better view in previous pic).

Thats the show for tonight, and thanks everyone who has stopped in and become a part of this grow.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom