Dread's 3rd Soil Grow.

Thanks Trichome! I know man this kit was a steal! thats why I went ahead and got the Hortilux instead of the Eiko bulb. They had a special going on today only. 35% off all magnetic ballasts. The reflector was indeed on the used clearance rack, so I got it for next to nothing. I am also getting to know the guy who owns the shop, so he put together a complete package for me and priced it very low. I couldn't let this good of a deal pass me by... :grinjoint:

yeah i bought my light cash from the grow store all new paid $330 out the door

400w Lumatek switchable ballast- $189
Xrtasun aircooled reflector- $179
400w Hortilux Super HPS bulb- $93
Foxfarm "dont bug me spray"- $12

do the math $473 total. i paid $330 the hydro guy hooked me up, cause i always go there

<<<Sit's back grags a bowl of chips and salsa, beer on side and watch's the show. Is a good deal dude, on the lite. Prepare for the extra heat now. What you using for a grow chamber? square footage? Lates

the hydro guy hooked me up, cause i always go there

Word dude. The relationship between a grower and the hydro shop employee is always a special one. Everyone knows whats really goin on, and theres always a good vibe to the place. Nice work payin cash. Great way to stay safe. I always go with a friend whos not growing and in their car. You never know whos watching the grow shop parking lot... It's probably just me being super paranoid, but better safe than sorry. You can never take to many precautions when your life and livelihood is at stake.

<<<Sit's back grags a bowl of chips and salsa, beer on side and watch's the show. Is a good deal dude, on the lite. What you using for a grow chamber? square footage? Lates

Thanks for keepin up norcali. It's a bedroom closet. Hold up let me go measure. ... 20 minutes later. 5'x3'x8'. When I went into the room, it seemed alot cooler. I checked the temp in the closet. It's at 82 degrees and dropping!
Its a cool night out tonight so I put one of the fans in the window to draw air in. I'll keep this there from now on. 82 may be hot for some but its actually cooler than with the 150w and all those cfls... Probably because the ballast is outside the room now.

Snapped a pic for ya while I was in there. Just added mylar also.

01974.JPG

Very good looking plants bro. The girls should and will love that light very nice set up. +rep and im IN! :smokin:

Thanks for the kind words man! I'll pass them along to the kids...:smokin:
I highly appreciate the reps. I think I'm at 99. Just one more dammit. :grinjoint:

very nice bro! those plants look a lot healthier than mine right now :/

i didnt even see this grow goin on i kept checkin your hydro one, this is good stuff im in def in bruddha

Hey Dread- I'm glad I got in on one of your journals on the early side. The girls are looking great. +reps for a sweet looking grow

Thanks man! You put me over the 100 mark. I thank you for that sir!

very nice bro! those plants look a lot healthier than mine right now :/

i didnt even see this grow goin on i kept checkin your hydro one, this is good stuff im in def in bruddha

Much appreciated my man. I'm sure yours will make it!

Nice job on the closet. +reps
Wish I had that extra foot on the floor! Mine is only 5x2, and only 5' of head room. I use the clothes rod to hang the light, and on the shelf above sits the fan, ballast, and timer.

Thanks for the reps dude. Yeah the extra foot is nice. I use the clothes rod to hang the light as well. I have my ballast outside the closet to help keep the heat a bit lower. I wish I had an electronic ballast like yours, it must be nice to not have all that heat and humming...

Alright guys I had the plants out to foliar feed so I thought I'd snap some pics. Turns out I have 1 male... I also topped the the remaining plants two days ago.

I noticed white flys buzzing around and some gnats chillin on top of the soil in the last couple days. I decided to fight back. Misted the top and bottom of all leaves with neem oil, tobacco juice and added some Liquid Karma for some sustenance. We'll see if the bugs persist.

The Stud
004176.JPG

The hopefuls...
013112.JPG

^ I didn't include the one in the 1gal pot. Its just not as pretty as these three are. :grinjoint:

Count me in. Nice start there. :popcorn:
Thanks man it's great to have you aboard!
Grows lookin pretty good soo far....Ill be watching this one learning from ya Dread:rollit:
Thanks dude. That's why this journal is here!

Well, one more of the plants was a male. On the up side, both of the kush bagseed plants are female. I am down to one citrus bagseed, so I hope because it is so slow to show sex, it will turn out to be female. Gave them a full shot of bloom nutes yesterday. They absolutely love the 400w Hortilux. The new rate of growth is amazing!

Garden shot.
01787.JPG

The plant of my dreams...
01499.JPG

"Citrus" bagseed
01681.JPG

Thanks bro I highly appreciate it!

The citrus plant looks to be more of a sativa. This is good, now I know the dude who sold me the sack wasn't full of shit...

The kush is all I could have hoped for. Early topping resulted in equal branch length, so its one hell of a bush! I cannot wait to see it in full bloom! I really think the new light has something to do with all the new growth. Just look at the pic from 9/14 then look at the new pic. Pretty wild! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom