MJGenius Diesel CFL Soil Grow- First Journal

Afternoon, MJGenius! I agree with ItsChrome on the lights, unless by "daylight" you mean the 6500K ones. I have a few that day say daylight on the package, but they also say they are 6500K. You want as much from the 6500k spectrum as possible during veg, then switch them over to 2700k bulbs. I have read that cfl's growers even do 3/4 of one type, 1/4 or so of the other, for denser buds. I would like to run 8 2700k and 4 6500k for flowering, but not enough room in my box. On my next grow, I want/need a bigger box. I guess that sounds silly, since many grow in a pc case, and do great. But I ran into what I consider space issues, so I want something better. Might just have to build it myself. That would be cool.
But hey, you got the pics up!! Nice! It's looking good! If you notice any burning of the leaf tips, back down on the nutes. You don't want to burn them, but the other major issue is you don't want to mess up the pH of the soil. I would recommend that once you transplant them, you flush the pots about once every 2 wks. This should keep all that extra salt and other stuff from messing up your soil/grow. Just 2 cents. It's what happened to me, as well as the fact that I was a dumb ass and only used FF BB for the entire grow. Stupid of me. Now I have no fan leaves. Ugh. I am just limping along hoping to be able to harvest. Good luck, we are all here for ya!

You guys are definately correct about the spectrums and everything, but around here for some reason daylight runs 6500k and the 5000k ones are called Bright White. Correct me if im wrong, but thats reversed lol. Oh well at least I knew enough to pay attention to that. Thanks for the input and concern though, always appreciated!! And guitarman i agree 100% with space issues. As you can tell thats going to be one of my main problems, which is what brings me back to LST. It stands for Low Stress Training. It keeps your ladies shorter, and makes for more bud sites. You still end up with your main cola unlike topping, and it just about doubles your yeild. All you do is tie the stem down throughout all growth stages. Like when your third or fourth set of leaves come in, just tie it down with whatever works for you(i.e. pieces of wire clothes hangers, twist ties, string, etc.) And as growing continues, the new growth will always grow towards the lights. As it does this, you just keep tying it down around the perimeter of the pot. You will see pics of it being done in the future lol. Tomorrow will be day 6 and i will definately be posting new pics. Goodnight to all and to all a goodnight.:tokin:

well man thanks for that info about LST i think i might have to learn more bout it first, my girl is about 10 days old and is very small but i think its due to the low amount of lumens so i hope that delivery driver hurry's up with my 125 watt 7000 lumens bulb haha

Daamn dude thats huge!! Where did you order it from? Does it screw into a regular socket? I want one!!! Lol

12132010201.jpg
12132010197.jpg
12132010200.jpg

Most recent pics, taken about 30 mins ago. Best results I have had so far with sprouts. I put a more powerful fan in the closet for some better air circulation. Needed to drop the temps about 5 degrees as well, and that took care of that lol. Fed them nutes at the recommended strength for seedlings, and they seem to love it. Gave them pH'd water today and will probably the next watering too. Then nutes again, so I guess every third watering. I picked up some Cal-Mag today, because the Pure Blend feeding schedule calls for it. What im going to do is feed every plant except one with the full feeding schedule, but leave Cal-Mag out on one of them, and compare the growth. I have heard many different things about Cal-Mag, so its time to find out for myself.

It is now a full week into this grow, and i am not sure which ones im going to keep. Only 4 can stay and i have like 7 going lol. So im going to figure this out and transplant them into bigger pots. When i do this, they are going to stay in the same pots through veg and flowering. I hate stressing my babies by transplanting, so i only do it once. Especially since i will be experimenting with LST, and im not about to try a transplant with my ladies tied down into soil that gonna fall apart lol. I will post pics from before and after transplant, but thats going to be within the next few days not tonight.

Nahh man dont be worried I have been goin at this for about 5 years now, and I should be the one whos worried lol. I just discovered that while I was being too lazy to look and make sure my lights were 6500k, i actually picked up the wrong ones!!! Lol that goes to show always read what you are buying. I smoke waaay too much of this lovely green flower...Psyche. But i ended up picking up 5000k, and i would like to thank ITSCHROME, who motivated me to actually check the bulbs and make sure. Much appreciated buddy. Anyway, have you started using nutes yet smokey? I gave mine the recommended dose for seedlings, went a little light tho, and it seems to be taking well. I will be ordering two 100w, 10,050 lumen, 6500k CFLs. Site says shipping in one to two days.

lol man thats like me i love smoking the flower and i have to be very patient on this grow lol i got the light of d web... thebigshop.com lol i started with 2x 6500k and a household light lmao, yeah i have started nutes im using bio bizz grow and will be using bio bizz grow (low budget) im only using 2tsp to a litre of water is that too weak? :O 2x 100w 10,050 lumens i bet there going to like that!! nice thread :)

Yeah im gonna have to end this journal here. Sorry guys but i got bugged out and took evrything down. Plus wastd money on the wrong shit so... Next time ill pay attention...By the way the daylight cfls from home depot, no good. gotta get em from lowes or online. Lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom