Dro’s Top-Feed DWC Green Crack Fem & Northern Lights Auto Journal, 2019

Keep an eye on the pH. It sometimes begins to drop in flower instead of rising.

Thanks! I did notice that and actually cause me to put in my usual pH water and caused an even larger drop. Will keep that in check going forward

Week 2 Flower (Day 81) 4/19

Green crack got a res change on 4/13 with 1430ppm @ 5.8pH. Summary below for those keeping track.

Out res
4/13 +4qts 950ppm @5.8pH

In Res
4/13 1430ppm @5.7
4/14 +2 1350ppm @6.2
4/15 +2=4qts 1340ppm @6.2. lowered pH to 5.7
4/16 +2=6qts 1270ppm @6.0. adjusted pH back down to 5.6
4/17 +2=8qts 1150ppm @5.8
4/18 +2=10qts 1140ppm @5.8

I am not sure what was going on with the pH but seems to have leveled now. Overall the plant is chugging a lot of water and growing fast. I am already seen lots of bud sites and pistils :)

I have been doing some LST and pulling the main stems down and spreading the canopy. I also did some light defoliation of some large fan leaves. I am pretty happy how is filling up the 4x4 tent.

Here are some pics. A separate journal will be coming up 4/20 with some mix of Autos, clones and new strains.
gcfw2c.jpg
gcfw2.jpg

Here is a picture of the main stem that cracked some time ago. It never ceases to amaze me.
gcfw2b.jpg

Week 3 (Day 82) 4/20

Today was res change. Keeping the same target ppm of 1400-1450. pH 5.8.

Out res numbers
1010ppm
5.8pH

In Res
1440ppm
5.8pH

The flowering tent got an upgrade this week. I took advantage of the 420 deals from HLG and got 4 QB288 quantum boards being driven by HLG-480-54B. I currently only hooked up 2 of them and have it set to 50%current output (278watts). Holy crap these lights are bright! And it's only at half strength! The light penetration it's amazing! Definitely worth the money. Waiting on some wires to hook the other two. Will be working on a permanent frame in the next couple of weeks.

With that said, I will be starting a second journal for some autos and clones so check it out. I will keep updating this one as well but it's mostly in autopilot.

Some pics.

gcfw3.jpg
gcfw3a.jpg

This measurement is from 22inches @ half strength!
gcfw3b.jpg

So I think my feminized green crack may have turned into a male.... Am I mistaken? I am not sure I have ever seen the sacks open up like the one in one picture.

If it is indeed Hermie, should I just kill it and move on to the next one of let it be and get seeds out of it?

What do you guys think ? @Lewydeville @Rifleman ?
herm1.jpg
herm?.jpg

I’d say it looks like you got a regular seed by mistake. If it is a true male and not a hermie I’d be harvesting some pollen and freezing it for a seed project. At least that way you can recoup some time and effort with free seeds. Loving your new lights very nice.

I’d say it looks like you got a regular seed by mistake. If it is a true male and not a hermie I’d be harvesting some pollen and freezing it for a seed project. At least that way you can recoup some time and effort with free seeds. Loving your new lights very nice.
Yeah that's what it looks like.... I went back and looked at the marked bag that this came from just in case I made a mistake. These seeds were supposed to be from a "good" seed bank (MSNL)... I did collect some of the pollen sacks however with my luck I will end up germinating my other plants coming up lol

Looks like a full on male plant.
Yeah the more I did my research about hermies the more I realize that this is just straight up male which makes me even more pissed off since I bought feminized seeds for a reason... Oh well, you live you learn.

Well it is sad to see this end this way but might as well move on with the next round of plants. Green Crack you showed to be a very resilient plant and handle all my mistakes but unfortunately I need females in my tent.

It's been a great 4 months of learning.. time to make space for the new girls coming up.

Admins, you can close this one up and throw dirt on top of the casket.

theEndgC.jpg

Big time balls. If you don't want to collect pollen for future seed projects spray it with water, cover with a plastic bag, and gently remove it from the garden. Then mist everything inside the tent with water to kill any residual pollen. Otherwise you might risk pollinating plants months from now.

Back
Top Bottom