Wish I could eat anything but green peppers these days...at about 40 y.o I developed a bad physical reaction to hot peepers - specifically capsaicin. I used to love hot foods - now I am only a shadow of my spicy-eating self. (cue: long "SIGH!").
I cant eat green peppers any more - causes me tummy upsets; but the red, orange, and yellow I LOOOOOVE!

Wish I could eat anything but green peppers these days...at about 40 y.o I developed a bad physical reaction to hot peepers - specifically capsaicin. I used to love hot foods - now I am only a shadow of my spicy-eating self. (cue: long "SIGH!").
I love Serranos, Chili Pequins and a good Jalapeño. Habaneros are so flavorful but they seem to bring on some serious heartburn for me these days.

One fond memory before I apologize for the derail. I lived in a small farmhouse that had chili piquin bushes growing wild everywhere. The turkeys ate the peppers and the meat was very spicy. I only lived there for one Thanksgiving so only one was harmed. Ha!

NTH

Any idea why?
I think it was when I broke my ankle...around that time...some 25-years ago. I was having a lot of nerve pain. I used a capsaicin cream the doc prescribed liberally and for a extended time. It gave great relief from the nerve pain.

However, one x-mas holiday I had a severe allergic reaction to a handful of chili favored corn chips. Took 3 shots of epinephrine at the emergency room to expand my throat so I could breathe again. I was turning blue before the 3rd shot. Spent 3 nights in hospital bed on intravenous benadryl. Doctors, nurses and hospital saved me (thank you science and the Universe).

After that time, I saw an allergy doc - he just said stay away from chili powders, hot-spicy foods and capsaicin. I also found that benadryl pills stopped the initial severe allergic reaction to hot foods in an emergency. I carried an "eppi-pen" with me for years too. Don't any more. Now I just take a 2 or 3 benadryl pills if I mistakenly get a reaction (cue: much snoring and long nap but otherwise fine and dandy). I rarely need them though, I have altered my lifestyle to account better for my aged fragility and sensitivity to spicy-hot foods.

Getting old sucks!

I think it was when I broke my ankle...around that time...some 25-years ago. I was having a lot of nerve pain. I used a capsaicin cream the doc prescribed liberally and for a extended time. It gave great relief from the nerve pain.

However, one x-mas holiday I had a severe allergic reaction to a handful of chili favored corn chips. Took 3 shots of epinephrine at the emergency room to expand my throat so I could breathe again. I was turning blue before the 3rd shot. Spent 3 nights in hospital bed on intravenous benadryl. Doctors, nurses and hospital saved me (thank you science and the Universe).

After that time, I saw an allergy doc - he just said stay away from chili powders, hot-spicy foods and capsaicin. I also found that benadryl pills stopped the initial severe allergic reaction to hot foods in an emergency. I carried an "eppi-pen" with me for years too. Don't any more. Now I just take a 2 or 3 benadryl pills if I mistakenly get a reaction (cue: much snoring and long nap but otherwise fine and dandy). I rarely need them though, I have altered my lifestyle to account better for my aged fragility and sensitivity to spicy-hot foods.

Getting old sucks!
WOW! Life brings strange things sometimes! You were lucky to make it! Glad you did!

Guys and gals, I will be back this evening to catch up and conversate...I need to go into the dark world of Walmart! Don't want to just skim through everyone's thoughts and comments and have proper time to type my own! Patience grasshoppers, just like in growing.....thanks everyone for visiting!

WOW! Life brings strange things sometimes! You were lucky to make it! Glad you did!
I had a meat allergy for about a year afterward. Couldn't eat red meat. Little bit of chicken - mostly veggies. Slowly the meat sensitivity faded and now things are the way they were. I actually think my allergic reaction and condition was the result of a tick bite I received during the time I became overly sensitive to chili powder and hot-spicy foods. It was a bad experience though...one I am hopefully not likely to repeat.

Guys and gals, I will be back this evening to catch up and conversate...I need to go into the dark world of Walmart! Don't want to just skim through everyone's thoughts and comments and have proper time to type my own! Patience grasshoppers, just like in growing.....thanks everyone for visiting!
See ya soon...kiddo.

Could I start at 8 weeks ? Fed Monday ,Tuesday was 8 weeks .Thank you ahead of time
BE2F558D-0B8E-4840-8FE4-AB35BE7F244A.jpeg
8EAC8C96-5981-42D3-A0F8-7256832D26FF.jpeg
92E888C6-C67D-4914-A905-54D8123A5E6F.jpeg

NOOoooooo!!! We like you here ALWAYS. It makes us all boring and less thoughtful when you leave. Come back soon! PLEASE...:slide:

I had a meat allergy for about a year afterward. Couldn't eat red meat. Little bit of chicken - mostly veggies. Slowly the meat sensitivity faded and now things are the way they were. I actually think my allergic reaction and condition was the result of a tick bite I received during the time I became overly sensitive to chili powder and hot-spicy foods. It was a bad experience though...one I am hopefully not likely to repeat.
Did you get lime D? Could have done it. My better half all of a sudden became unable to eat avocados. One day they turned her stomach into knots and she hasn't had them in years. Weird!

But in that same class was 29 other students and a teacher who would all say drought always negatively effects a plant. Makes them weaker and more susceptible to pests and disease. I see the study above. But I counter that study with literally thousands of years of studies all showing hugely negatively effected plants and trees from drought. You can even see a drought year on tree rings because the tree grows less. It doesn't suddenly get stronger because of the drought.
Obviously your universities are a bit different than ours in Canada. It’s sad that as soon as any kind of science is mentioned it is immediately dismissed as witchcraft

Obviously your universities are a bit different than ours in Canada. It’s sad that as soon as any kind of science is mentioned it is immediately dismissed as witchcraft
Yeah... I'm from England.. famously have terrible universities.... Lmfao.

If you want to take this personal we can go that way. Or you can accept the multiple reasons I respectfully named.

And yes our universities maybe are different. Do people in Canada accept 1 persons idea when there are thousands with proof of the opposite?

You might have caught me at a bad time.

I apologize for setting the avalanche of comment seekers here...this new interesing thread...I never thought people would be this hungry for info. Maybe you were not ready to share yet. Remember to take a break once in while @Krissi1982 , Rome was not built in a day.
I know Charlie..always take on more than I probably should but I think this so important
I love heavy indicas.

When I started growing I didn’t really understand the difference, (Indica vs Sativa) besides the “sativa is up, Indica mellow) but have learned how to manipulate either strain by messing around with the dark theory. I have gone 4 days in the dark, no water/feed just to see what happens. We had a sativa my old lady and I got lazy after harvesting 4 other plants, the 5th (sativa) gets left on the burner for another few days or so. That smoke would put you in the couch more than your heaviest Indicas would.

that doesn't surprise me one bit....I am sure in a controlled study we would find the stressors to be causing a plethora of responses and increases in many terpenes
That’s why the “drought” thing caught my eye. We’ve gotten lazy and left some plants in the dark for awhile, no water and when we do harvest, it looks like you sprayed everything with a gloss coat.
Right!!! Sooo crystally!
65-70F and 60-65% RH.

I ALWAYS hold over, but how long comes from checking the trics. Ima 30% amber kinda smoker, so I hold out longer than most. I don’t really care for the heady high.

When they’re at 15% or so depending on strain and everything else, I drop to 65% 65F and lights out. I’ll check every 12-24 hours. Harvest according.

To each his own with trichs! This is something beyond the difference of a head and couch lock high. That's the fun part of it...it elevates the medicinal qualities of pain relief, Insomnia, nausea, anxiety, etc. It doesn't just make you fall asleep on the couch. That's not the goal of droughting, that's that's goal of harvesting when you want
As with anything growing this wonderful WEED, because that’s what it is, not a tomato, an apple, or strawberries… they all respond differently.
Absolutely!
From what I understand, different “stresses” produce different/more (complex) terpenes. Cold stress, light stress, and I’ve read where folks have purposely introduced species of mites in order to produce a specific “terpene”. I in no way condone that practice (F spider mites) they are a product of satan. Lol!
Hahaha Satanic Mites!!! There was a thought that we could possibly replicate a drought or stressor by tinkering with methyl jasmonate; thinking that it, above ABA, could possibly enhance trichome production. With aims of increasing those valuable secondary metabolites such as THC and CBD, an experiement had plants treated with salicylic acid and GABA to evaluate their effect on THCAs, CBDAs, oils, and PT genes (which are responsible for production of main cannabinoids). Although in this study, THCAs were enhanced minimally, the combination of the two seemed to be able to control cannabinoid gene expressions @ the right level of dosages. A fine balance as mentioned earlier...
Some split the main stalks before harvest with copper nails or knifes. search SPLITTING CANNABIS STEMS.

My long exaggerated point is give everything a shot… whatever it is.
They are so easy to grow and manipulate. Don’t bash folks for trying new things.

I appreciate that lucid comment...why knock someone or something, why can't we all just be open to the ideas, we don't need to implement everything we see or hear
How many folks cry about lost trics from bud washing, but use grinders. LMAO!
(Always wash you buds)

For real....
Ask @Emilya about “electrifying the soil”. (At the same time ask her how long she holds hers plants over and why)

@InTheShed was who said “your experiments” aren’t experiments without a control. Lol! So the 12-48 hour hold over was done with clones.

I appreciate the drop, brings new info to conversation
I don’t normally name drop, but these 2 wonderful folks, with two completely different opinions on a lot of things, got me to where I am today.

Apologies for the rant, I’m high…. Haven’t been around in awhile, but I’m glad to be back in the banter.

Stay open minded my friends.:green_heart::green_heart:
Thank you for that fabulous stoned response and banter!
Spider mites a product of Satan now that was funny
wasnt it though :rofl:
This place is awesome the people are very interesting
This place is amaze balls
Agreed!
Again, I for one have been using the same drought method Krissi talks about for several grows. Ever since @Maritimer enlightened us here. If you're hesitant to believe the process, that which hasn't been revealed yet, then please stick around! She's got what I think is undeniable information coming!
He speaks only truth my friends and new friends and friends to be!!
weird methodology skepticism…

In my signature line is the link for flavored cannabis thread…. I’m not here to promote that but the concept falls 420% in line with Krissi and Maritimers exemplary work. Yes their thread is based off of an academic paper but to get there some dude had a concept in mind and eventually thru trial and error proved his theory of droughting.

Thank you Henry
Many will say flavored cannabis can’t happen…. why would a plant replicate flavors that were artificially introduced??

I know this was a topic point on your thread a few months ago, was it not?!
but consider..… How does the SNS line of pest control products work?? By treating the plant via foliar spray or soil drench the rosemeric acid / clove oil is taken up systemically into the plant… the plants biomass changes with the application of the product…. now it reeks of rosemary / clove and it’s enough of a change that garden pests either move out or die…

experimentation is the mother of discovery

I would have to assume that we could add scents or aromas to our plants...finding a non harmful way to integrate it into a feed or foliar feeding perhaps? Definitely something that is worth conversation and someone to start that trial and error you speak of

Ahoy Stone,
You will soon know exactly how much information and data I have conveyed to Krissi and will understand why she is a bit behind her energetic schedule. I watched the conversation earlier with a non-believer and for her first lecture she did great. I told her that one of the more frustrating results of this knowledge will be trying to convince others of the science and more important, the medicinal benefits if they correctly apply drought. The science is going to win the important conversations and she has that in her notepad. Getting her used to expressing that knowledge without getting pissed off will be our immediate goal. :love:
I think I'm doing well with not getting pissed off. Listen guys, it upsets me more to not have an open mind to new things rather than have someone get into a fight with me over what's right and what's wrong. I'm not about to get offended if and when people tell me this is ludacris. I will get a little butt hurt if someone doesn't even want to try to listen. Like I said, the science does NOT lie!!! I'm not stirring some potion up in a cauldron and chanting droughting texts from a Witch cook book...I'm just presenting you guys with information from research backed data and controlled experiments proving this theory.
I'm excited and can hardly can't contain myself knowing what's coming to everyone's view! It took a while to realize that it's important to be open to experiment and not to be the negative part of a conversation without the negative being part of encouraging the main event(s) before I know the facts.

My experiences with this method are profound.That's why I mention it every time in my grows! You have the same experience. Krissi as well and others now. Just because Rosenthal or some other main stream Guru isn't battering the market selling the concept doesn't mean it's faulted. It means they don't make money with this method.

BINGO!
It's free! Actually it is main stream, just not big and for the free reason I think.
I think it's for the same reasons why marijuana is still illegal, people want to find ways to make more money off this first.. I guarantee you if this was legal everywhere, you would be able to buy a droughting handbook at Barnes and Noble...
Well known among pepper growers the less water the hotter the fruit. Heard it several times from several oldschool garden keepers.

NTH
agreed...me too!
that makes me sad
I cant eat green peppers any more - causes me tummy upsets; but the red, orange, and yellow I LOOOOOVE!
i love em all...you name it, I want it
The red, yellow and orange ones seem to be the sweetest varieties too. Yummy!
purple!!!
I love Serranos, Chili Pequins and a good Jalapeño. Habaneros are so flavorful but they seem to bring on some serious heartburn for me these days.

anything spicy!
One fond memory before I apologize for the derail. I lived in a small farmhouse that had chili piquin bushes growing wild everywhere. The turkeys ate the peppers and the meat was very spicy. I only lived there for one Thanksgiving so only one was harmed. Ha!
Poor turkey....
Any idea why
thanks for asking him!

Getting old sucks

sheesh! Talk about a long term effect!

WOW! Life brings strange things sometimes! You were lucky to make it!

totallya
A meat allergy!!! A spicy food sensitivity! I would just call it quits!
See ya soon...kiddo.
:ciao: here I am!
Could I start at 8 weeks ? Fed Monday ,Tuesday was 8 weeks .Thank you ahead of time
BE2F558D-0B8E-4840-8FE4-AB35BE7F244A.jpeg
8EAC8C96-5981-42D3-A0F8-7256832D26FF.jpeg
92E888C6-C67D-4914-A905-54D8123A5E6F.jpeg
I have started droughting later, yes. You sure can. Do you have any basic questions? I'd be happy to answer them for you to the best of my ability
NOOoooooo!!! We like you here ALWAYS. It makes us all boring and less thoughtful when you leave. Come back soon! PLEASE...:slide:
I had to run errands man! Plus now I have a fever, 99.7....ugh...
Man, just got here and already 5 pages deep. Looking forward to reading through all this
Yaaas! I knew you would make it....my eager beaver lmao
Did you get lime D? Could have done it. My better half all of a sudden became unable to eat avocados. One day they turned her stomach into knots and she hasn't had them in years. Weird!
Now that is sad!!! I love avocados and so healthy, too!
Yeah... I'm from England.. famously have terrible universities.... Lmfao.

If you want to take this personal we can go that way. Or you can accept the multiple reasons I respectfully named.

And yes our universities maybe are different. Do people in Canada accept 1 persons idea when there are thousands with proof of the opposite?

You might have caught me at a bad time.
I don't want any personal battles here. Please guys...act accordingly. I think sarcasm goes too far sometimes but our reactions are sometimes worse than the initial thing that got us upset. So for my sake, please curb the bullying. This is a thread for open conversation with open ideas and everyone here is in the 'safe tree'. No one should be taking offense to anything anyone says, causing someone to feel offended and/or shutting down people's thoughts and ideas. Everyone is entitled to believe and think how they please!

I know Charlie..always take on more than I probably should but I think this so important

that doesn't surprise me one bit....I am sure in a controlled study we would find the stressors to be causing a plethora of responses and increases in many terpenes

Right!!! Sooo crystally!

To each his own with trichs! This is something beyond the difference of a head and couch lock high. That's the fun part of it...it elevates the medicinal qualities of pain relief, Insomnia, nausea, anxiety, etc. It doesn't just make you fall asleep on the couch. That's not the goal of droughting, that's that's goal of harvesting when you want

Absolutely!

Hahaha Satanic Mites!!! There was a thought that we could possibly replicate a drought or stressor by tinkering with methyl jasmonate; thinking that it, above ABA, could possibly enhance trichome production. With aims of increasing those valuable secondary metabolites such as THC and CBD, an experiement had plants treated with salicylic acid and GABA to evaluate their effect on THCAs, CBDAs, oils, and PT genes (which are responsible for production of main cannabinoids). Although in this study, THCAs were enhanced minimally, the combination of the two seemed to be able to control cannabinoid gene expressions @ the right level of dosages. A fine balance as mentioned earlier...

I appreciate that lucid comment...why knock someone or something, why can't we all just be open to the ideas, we don't need to implement everything we see or hear

For real....

Agreed!

Thank you Henry

I would have to assume that we could add scents or aromas to our plants...finding a non harmful way to integrate it into a feed or foliar feeding perhaps? Definitely something that is worth conversation and someone to start that trial and error you speak of

I think I'm doing well with not getting pissed off. Listen guys, it upsets me more to not have an open mind to new things rather than have someone get into a fight with me over what's right and what's wrong. I'm not about to get offended if and when people tell me this is ludacris. I will get a little butt hurt if someone doesn't even want to try to listen. Like I said, the science does NOT lie!!! I'm not stirring some potion up in a cauldron and chanting droughting texts from a Witch cook book...I'm just presenting you guys with information from research backed data and controlled experiments proving this theory.

BINGO!

I think it's for the same reasons why marijuana is still illegal, people want to find ways to make more money off this first.. I guarantee you if this was legal everywhere, you would be able to buy a droughting handbook at Barnes and Noble...

agreed...me too!

that makes me sad

purple!!!

anything spicy!

Poor turkey....

thanks for asking him!

totallya

I have started droughting later, yes. You sure can. Do you have any basic questions? I'd be happy to answer them for you to the best of my ability

I don't want any personal battles here. Please guys...act accordingly. I think sarcasm goes yp far sometimes but our reactions are sometimes worse than the initial thing that got us upset. So for my sake, please curb the bullying. This is a thread for open conversation with open ideas and everyone here is in the 'safe tree'. No one around be taking offense to anything anyone says, causing someone to feel offended and/or shutting down people's thoughts and ideas. Everyone is entitled to believe and think how they please!
Thats one hellofa reply. Lol!

Right!!! Sooo crystally!

Absolutely!

For real....

Agreed!

Thank you Henry

BINGO!

agreed...me too!

that makes me sad

purple!!!

anything spicy!

Poor turkey....

thanks for asking him!

totallya

I don't want any personal battles here. Please guys...act accordingly. I think sarcasm goes yp far sometimes but our reactions are sometimes worse than the initial thing that got us upset. So for my sake, please curb the bullying. This is a thread for open conversation with open ideas and everyone here is in the 'safe tree'. No one around be taking offense to anything anyone says, causing someone to feel offended and/or shutting down people's thoughts and ideas. Everyone is entitled to believe and think how they please!
If you have a fever you need to nurse yourself a bit and relax. We will all be here when you feel better. Don't feel like you have to be all things to all people. You'll work yourself into frazzle and then where will we be...lost without hope and stuck with no haired genius. Get better and chill. :surf:

Back
Top Bottom