:rolleyes:
I heard magic powder was on some shipping delay or something. So I had to try snake oil instead. Lol!

Check the “hold over thread” in my signature. Unlike a lot of the “experiments” I’ve seen, my was with 3 strains with 2 clones per strain. All 3 showed what I considered to be an increase in trics, but 36 seemed to do best.

I hold over every grow, just not at any specific time period. They are all different.
Few questions.
1.Was it worth it (not yield i mean taste and high)
2.Have you made this part of your grows , everytime.
3.Do you think some strains may benefit and others not.

I would never count anything out until i tried it i guess.
But every bone in my body would tell me not to.
Like washing my bud.
But my excuse for not trying it i grow in doors etc.

PS.yield i just cant see it helping but taste and high hmm

;)

Knew you would be...get more paper

Bahahaha this darkness thing....

Hmm! That doesn't veer far off of the fruit ripening studies @Cactusreefer . Fruit and vegetable ripening is an ethylene response.. different hormones allow for different stages in fruit and vegetable development as dormancy is induced by ABA while jasmonates or jAs are uniquely involved in the deposition of storage proteins. In a mango experiement, an exogenous application of methyl jasmonate increased ethylene production @ a climatic stage. It's skin color improved with its application along with an increase in fatty acids, ripening and aroma volatiles-sesquiterpenes, monoterpenes, etc (just like terpenes in the cannabis world)

And the locks of hair
May be Ammy jr can spare one of her wigs...LOL!

Few questions.
1.Was it worth it (not yield i mean taste and high)
2.Have you made this part of your grows , everytime.
3.Do you think some strains may benefit and others not.

I would never count anything out until i tried it i guess.
But every bone in my body would tell me not to.
Like washing my bud.
But my excuse for not trying it i grow in doors etc.

PS.yield i just cant see it helping but taste and high hmm

;)
I like these questions also :)I'm interested in the response

And the masked cat marauder his stolen green spray paint!!! :rofl:

Oh Charlie, you are a writer. You have already caught up
Cat Marauders do not share spray paint with anyone - they mix there own "super paint" - and - listen to this one...make others "green" with envy and jealousy. LOL!

OK did I miss the explanation of exactly what you do for this method?
Haha absolutely not. It's important to understand the science and biology behind it first before even going into that...in a nutshell it is an 11 day drought at around 7 weeks of flower and in that time, you should be measuring the angles of your plants leaves to ensure they are within certain parameters-parameters in which allow you to know they are still able to perform their necessary functions...

Just want everyone to start to understand the lingo and the names of the specific proteins and enzymes involved and so on and so forth, before just saying yea go on and drought your plants

Let me tell you something guys...

I took on the task of spreading this information for a multitude of reasons. My number one however was because I don't have a biology degree. I don't have one in botany. I've been growing only since June of this year. I don't know the science or the numbers behind anything cannabis related like some of these folk do. I grow with intuition and with a Mother Earth mentality and green hands that I was blessed with. I figured this riding the green wave mentality I have would be more approachable to many and not scare so many people off from this idea.

I'm not out here to argue or to boast about my droughting successes. I'm here to enlighten the masses on what I have found to be the most critical piece to this growing puzzle that I have encountered to date.

I don't know it all and I've never and will never claim to. There are preconceived notions and misconceptions floating all around this forum and beyond regarding the dos and don'ts of growing our sacred plant.

I'm deep in this methadology because I have seen with my own eyes that it works. I feel it in my bones in my aching arthritis being alleviated by a single toke. By my racing brain being quieted down by a bowl. By my nausea and trembling taken down notches and notches more than ever before simply by rolling up one of my droughted girls flowers into a joint.

I know many of us struggle with a plethora of issues both mentally and physically. The goal of spreading this knowledge is just that, to spread it...to the masses. To let everyone know the true medicinal benefits of this plant. To encourage big pharma to take a second look at their monetary gains through the 'Sick Care System' most of us live in. To stop this war on opiates and on all of these other unnecessary medications that only treat our symptoms not the illness.

I'm here to make a difference in the health of as many people as I can through cannabis. I'm not pushy, I'm not a bitch, I'm not going to tell you what to do. I'm simply offering a hand from Mother Earth with an opportunity to see even better things that what we have seen in the past.

I'm a 420 smoker, a grower, a mother, a sister, an athlete, a lover, a tree hugger, a person struggling with mental health and physical illnesses. I'm human. The human effect that lies within me is telling me this is the way and when something from that deep in my soul tells me something is important, I listen.

I hope that I can enlighten you as the days, weeks, months and years go by as we learn and grow together and find ways to make our cannabis the best medicine we can lay our hands on for a myriad of reasons and health issues.

Let me tell you something guys...

I took on the task of spreading this information for a multitude of reasons. My number one however was because I don't have a biology degree. I don't have one in botany. I've been growing only since June of this year. I don't know the science or the numbers behind anything cannabis related like some of these folk do. I grow with intuition and with a Mother Earth mentality and green hands that I was blessed with. I figured this riding the green wave mentality I have would be more approachable to many and not scare so many people off from this idea.

I'm not out here to argue or to boast about my droughting successes. I'm here to enlighten the masses on what I have found to be the most critical piece to this growing puzzle that I have encountered to date.

I don't know it all and I've never and will never claim to. There are preconceived notions and misconceptions floating all around this forum and beyond regarding the dos and don'ts of growing our sacred plant.

I'm deep in this methadology because I have seen with my own eyes that it works. I feel it in my bones in my aching arthritis being alleviated by a single toke. By my racing brain being quieted down by a bowl. By my nausea and trembling taken down notches and notches more than ever before simply by rolling up one of my droughted girls flowers into a joint.

I know many of us struggle with a plethora of issues both mentally and physically. The goal of spreading this knowledge is just that, to spread it...to the masses. To let everyone know the true medicinal benefits of this plant. To encourage big pharma to take a second look at their monetary gains through the 'Sick Care System' most of us live in. To stop this war on opiates and on all of these other unnecessary medications that only treat our symptoms not the illness.

I'm here to make a difference in the health of as many people as I can through cannabis. I'm not pushy, I'm not a bitch, I'm not going to tell you what to do. I'm simply offering a hand from Mother Earth with an opportunity to see even better things that what we have seen in the past.

I'm a 420 smoker, a grower, a mother, a sister, an athlete, a lover, a tree hugger, a person struggling with mental health and physical illnesses. I'm human. The human effect that lies within me is telling me this is the way and when something from that deep in my soul tells me something is important, I listen.

I hope that I can enlighten you as the days, weeks, months and years go by as we learn and grow together and find ways to make our cannabis the best medicine we can lay our hands on for a myriad of reasons and health issues.
I apologize for setting the avalanche of comment seekers here...this new interesing thread...I never thought people would be this hungry for info. Maybe you were not ready to share yet. Remember to take a break once in while @Krissi1982 , Rome was not built in a day.

I love heavy indicas.

When I started growing I didn’t really understand the difference, (Indica vs Sativa) besides the “sativa is up, Indica mellow) but have learned how to manipulate either strain by messing around with the dark theory. I have gone 4 days in the dark, no water/feed just to see what happens. We had a sativa my old lady and I got lazy after harvesting 4 other plants, the 5th (sativa) gets left on the burner for another few days or so. That smoke would put you in the couch more than your heaviest Indicas would.

That’s why the “drought” thing caught my eye. We’ve gotten lazy and left some plants in the dark for awhile, no water and when we do harvest, it looks like you sprayed everything with a gloss coat.

65-70F and 60-65% RH.

I ALWAYS hold over, but how long comes from checking the trics. Ima 30% amber kinda smoker, so I hold out longer than most. I don’t really care for the heady high.

When they’re at 15% or so depending on strain and everything else, I drop to 65% 65F and lights out. I’ll check every 12-24 hours. Harvest according.

As with anything growing this wonderful WEED, because that’s what it is, not a tomato, an apple, or strawberries… they all respond differently.

From what I understand, different “stresses” produce different/more (complex) terpenes. Cold stress, light stress, and I’ve read where folks have purposely introduced species of mites in order to produce a specific “terpene”. I in no way condone that practice (F spider mites) they are a product of satan. Lol!

Some split the main stalks before harvest with copper nails or knifes. search SPLITTING CANNABIS STEMS.

My long exaggerated point is give everything a shot… whatever it is.
They are so easy to grow and manipulate. Don’t bash folks for trying new things.

How many folks cry about lost trics from bud washing, but use grinders. LMAO!
(Always wash you buds)

Ask @Emilya about “electrifying the soil”. (At the same time ask her how long she holds hers plants over and why)

@InTheShed was who said “your experiments” aren’t experiments without a control. Lol! So the 12-48 hour hold over was done with clones.

I don’t normally name drop, but these 2 wonderful folks, with two completely different opinions on a lot of things, got me to where I am today.

Apologies for the rant, I’m high…. Haven’t been around in awhile, but I’m glad to be back in the banter.

Stay open minded my friends.:green_heart::green_heart:

I love heavy indicas.

When I started growing I didn’t really understand the difference, (Indica vs Sativa) besides the “sativa is up, Indica mellow) but have learned how to manipulate either strain by messing around with the dark theory. I have gone 4 days in the dark, no water/feed just to see what happens. We had a sativa my old lady and I got lazy after harvesting 4 other plants, the 5th (sativa) gets left on the burner for another few days or so. That smoke would put you in the couch more than your heaviest Indicas would.

That’s why the “drought” thing caught my eye. We’ve gotten lazy and left some plants in the dark for awhile, no water and when we do harvest, it looks like you sprayed everything with a gloss coat.

65-70F and 60-65% RH.

I ALWAYS hold over, but how long comes from checking the trics. Ima 30% amber kinda smoker, so I hold out longer than most. I don’t really care for the heady high.

When they’re at 15% or so depending on strain and everything else, I drop to 65% 65F and lights out. I’ll check every 12-24 hours. Harvest according.

As with anything growing this wonderful WEED, because that’s what it is, not a tomato, an apple, or strawberries… they all respond differently.

From what I understand, different “stresses” produce different/more (complex) terpenes. Cold stress, light stress, and I’ve read where folks have purposely introduced species of mites in order to produce a specific “terpene”. I in no way condone that practice (F spider mites) they are a product of satan. Lol!

Some split the main stalks before harvest with copper nails or knifes. search SPLITTING CANNABIS STEMS.

My long exaggerated point is give everything a shot… whatever it is.
They are so easy to grow and manipulate. Don’t bash folks for trying new things.

How many folks cry about lost trics from bud washing, but use grinders. LMAO!
(Always wash you buds)

Ask @Emilya about “electrifying the soil”. (At the same time ask her how long she holds hers plants over and why)

@InTheShed was who said “your experiments” aren’t experiments without a control. Lol! So the 12-48 hour hold over was done with clones.

I don’t normally name drop, but these 2 wonderful folks, with two completely different opinions on a lot of things, got me to where I am today.

Apologies for the rant, I’m high…. Haven’t been around in awhile, but I’m glad to be back in the banter.

Stay open minded my friends.:green_heart::green_heart:
Spider mites a product of Satan now that was funny

weird methodology skepticism…

In my signature line is the link for flavored cannabis thread…. I’m not here to promote that but the concept falls 420% in line with Krissi and Maritimers exemplary work. Yes their thread is based off of an academic paper but to get there some dude had a concept in mind and eventually thru trial and error proved his theory of droughting.

Many will say flavored cannabis can’t happen…. why would a plant replicate flavors that were artificially introduced??

but consider..… How does the SNS line of pest control products work?? By treating the plant via foliar spray or soil drench the rosemeric acid / clove oil is taken up systemically into the plant… the plants biomass changes with the application of the product…. now it reeks of rosemary / clove and it’s enough of a change that garden pests either move out or die…

experimentation is the mother of discovery

Ahoy Stone,
You will soon know exactly how much information and data I have conveyed to Krissi and will understand why she is a bit behind her energetic schedule. I watched the conversation earlier with a non-believer and for her first lecture she did great. I told her that one of the more frustrating results of this knowledge will be trying to convince others of the science and more important, the medicinal benefits if they correctly apply drought. The science is going to win the important conversations and she has that in her notepad. Getting her used to expressing that knowledge without getting pissed off will be our immediate goal. :love:

Ahoy Stone,
You will soon know exactly how much information and data I have conveyed to Krissi and will understand why she is a bit behind her energetic schedule. I watched the conversation earlier with a non-believer and for her first lecture she did great. I told her that one of the more frustrating results of this knowledge will be trying to convince others of the science and more important, the medicinal benefits if they correctly apply drought. The science is going to win the important conversations and she has that in her notepad. Getting her used to expressing that knowledge without getting pissed off will be our immediate goal. :love:
I'm excited and can hardly can't contain myself knowing what's coming to everyone's view! It took a while to realize that it's important to be open to experiment and not to be the negative part of a conversation without the negative being part of encouraging the main event(s) before I know the facts.

My experiences with this method are profound.That's why I mention it every time in my grows! You have the same experience. Krissi as well and others now. Just because Rosenthal or some other main stream Guru isn't battering the market selling the concept doesn't mean it's faulted. It means they don't make money with this method. It's free! Actually it is main stream, just not big and for the free reason I think.

You Go Krissi!

Nothing fancy really. Once its got peppers showing, id say halfway to harvest I just let them wilt some. Then water back up. Repeat all the way to harvest. Fine line between stress and damage. They respond like a tomato plant, bounce right back. Ive never done a comparison grow so I have no data
Well known among pepper growers the less water the hotter the fruit. Heard it several times from several oldschool garden keepers.

NTH

Well known among pepper growers the less water the hotter the fruit. Heard it several times from several oldschool garden keepers.

NTH
Wish I could eat anything but green peppers these days...at about 40 y.o I developed a bad physical reaction to hot peepers - specifically capsaicin. I used to love hot foods - now I am only a shadow of my spicy-eating self. (cue: long "SIGH!").

Back
Top Bottom