I'll be back with Day 5.5 for Maestro. Last night I just needed some time.

My apologies. Please accept these harvest day photos of Stella before she gets trimmed down while you wait for me to get my shit together

@Mars Hydro FC4800 @Prescription Blend @DYNOMYCO Raised....
DAY 5.5 DROUGHT
@CannaPot BIG BULL PHOTOPERIOD, "MAESTRO":
NON-NON-SCOPED BUD and PLANT/LEAF SHOTS

I'm back.

Took these photos in the wee hours of the morning and just got then uploaded.

Maestro is as I expected, still turgid in her leaves although they are following suit of other squats I have droughted-crisp, breaking leaves, slight yellowing, some leaf requests for Potassium.

She was arranged with yoyos after removing Stella from the tent. Cleaned the tent up for her in her final days and also to prepare for the next grow. Next grow that was going to be with a 660W will now be the 720W model from @Cultiuana. Yaay! Please check out these amazing lights from our sponsor if you have time and are in the market!

Bigger things still to come, the Super Silver Crack Photos for our comparative drought grow are going to flip to flower Tuesday. They're just getting too big. It will be 40 days of veg for them. Sneak peak at these kids...there's also a Deelite Auto in there, I'm sure you can all figure it out

Super Silver Crack photos.jpg

But without further time being lost today and I have to get set up for trimming, here is Maestro in all her amazing now Day 6 Droughted glory

Happy droughting!

DAY 5.5 DROUGHT
NON-NON-SCOPED BUD and PLANT/LEAF SHOTS

I'm back.

Took these photos in the wee hours of the morning and just got then uploaded.

Maestro is as I expected, still turgid in her leaves although they are following suit of other squats I have droughted-crisp, breaking leaves, slight yellowing, some leaf requests for Potassium and her buds.

She was arranged with yoyos after removing Stella from the tent. Cleaned the tent up for her in her final days and also to prepare for the next grow. Next grow that was going to be with a 660W but now will be the 720W model from @Cultiuana. Please check out these amazing lights from our sponsor if you have time and are in the market!

Bigger things still to come, the Super Silver Crack Photos for our comparative drought grow are going to flip to flower Tuesday. They're just getting too big. It will be 40 days of veg for them. Sneak peak at these kids...there's also a Deelite Auto in there, I'm sure you can all figure it out

Super Silver Crack photos.jpg

But without further time being lost today and I have to get set up for trimming, here is Maestro in all her amazing now Day 6 Droughted glory

Happy droughting!
Beautiful as always.

NTH

I'll be back with Day 5.5 for Maestro. Last night I just needed some time.

My apologies. Please accept these harvest day photos of Stella before she gets trimmed down while you wait for me to get my shit together

Waves hi to mirror pic Krissi :D :ciao::cheesygrinsmiley:
No needs for apologies! Such a hard worker!
Looooove them so much! Harvest day! yAY!!!

Beautiful as always.

NTH
Hey there NTH. Thank you my friend. Appreciate your kind words
Looking gorgeous Krissi,
you keep pumping out amazing plants :adore:
Thanks so much, you are always reassuring me that I'm still growing in the right direction! I feel as if I am running a lucky seed streak though, I'm worried it could end!!
Waves hi to mirror pic Krissi :D :ciao::cheesygrinsmiley:
No needs for apologies! Such a hard worker!
Looooove them so much! Harvest day! yAY!!!
Hiiiiiiii Auto!!! :hug:
Today I don't feel like I'm losing my mind so I feel like I'm hardly working instead of working hard! We love harvest day!!!!
Sweet light the @Cultiuana 720! And a reasonable price Krissi!
The price point for the power is nearly unmatched! Quality product. Can't wait to show off what it can do!

OK so I'm gonna do you a solid and drop some harvest pics and then go into our Big Bull at Day 7 droughting

HARVEST PICS

DAY 7 DROUGHT
TRICHOMES

Her pot is super duper dry

DAY 7 DROUGHT
@CannaPot BIG BULL PHOTOPERIOD, "MAESTRO"
: PLANT/LEAF and NON-SCOPED BUD SHOTS

Happy Droughting!

Absolutely Amazing!

Krissi, you definitely know how to grow weed.
GB,

You're a shining beam of good energy, thank you! Who would have thought some book nerd-athlete would grow up and do this stuff? I sure as heck didn't. Even when I started smoking when I was younger, the thought of growing my own never once crossed my mind. Thanks so much!

GB,

You're a shining beam of good energy, thank you! Who would have thought some book nerd-athlete would grow up and do this stuff? I sure as heck didn't. Even when I started smoking when I was younger, the thought of growing my own never once crossed my mind. Thanks so much!
Thank you for sharing your tips and tricks!
If anyone even thinks of disputing your process, all you need to do is post a few pics.
There are professional growers who can only dream of producing bud quality like yours.

I've got a couple of plants in experimental 1L SIP containers late in flower that I'm about 6 days into their draught, and one looks about done.

I checked the trichs with a loop and the one that looks done has those elongated and twisted trichomes @Krissi Carbone shows in her photos. I kind of didn't believe it so I compared it to the other that's not as far along and that one still shows what I've come to know as 'normal' trichs and the difference is rather striking.

I'll probably rescue the first plant in the next day or so and continue on with the other and see if I see the same effect on it as well.

It may well have happened last round when I tried it but it wasn't on my radar to notice.

Thanks Krissi for yet another tool in the toolbox. :green_heart:

Thank you for sharing your tips and tricks!
Everything to share this with the rest of the growing world...especially you guys.....
If anyone even thinks of disputing your process, all you need to do is post a few pics.
There are professional growers who can only dream of producing bud quality like yours.
You know I still feel like I'm going to be working on gaining respect but I'm totally fine with that. I'm a person of purpose and I have a tough skin. I'll just keep doing my best and putting stuff out here and that's all I can do.
Saying something like that to me really helps when my self esteem is a little down on here. Just know I have so much more to learn and I feel like a baby every now and then listening to everyone talk everything cannabis.
I've got a couple of plants in experimental 1L SIP containers late in flower that I'm about 6 days into their draught, and one looks about done.

I checked the trichs with a loop and the one that looks done has those elongated and twisted trichomes @Krissi Carbone shows in her photos. I kind of didn't believe it so I compared it to the other that's not as far along and that one still shows what I've come to know as 'normal' trichs and the difference is rather striking.
Oh Azi...yaaay! A believer! Will you share pics when you're done? Puuuuuleeeeease!!!!
I'll probably rescue the first plant in the next day or so and continue on with the other and see if I see the same effect on it as well.
I knew you were the kinda grower that could just tell when
It may well have happened last round when I tried it but it wasn't on my radar to notice.
Now it is!! Ding ding ding!!!
Thanks Krissi for yet another tool in the toolbox. :green_heart:
Absolutely, I'm so happy to share.

I have been asked for these now for a while and figured since I got the new light box, I'd take some shots.

Here is SANDY, my Cookies Haze c/o Kannabia Seeds via @CannaPot. As we know she was grown under the @Mars Hydro FC4800 sun with both @Prescription Blend and @DYNOMYCO. She droughted for 5.5 days.

A few birdies wanted to see the trichomes on the droughted buds.

As they dry and the buds shrink, the trichomes remain elongated and literally just idk look like a coral wonderland, trichomes on serious uppers, or a mystical land of trichome giants that live on your buds.

There's so many stacked trichies, it gets blurry trying to take pictures.

I'm thinking it's giants but then again. I believe in magic beans and fairies and parallel levels of existence so....

We drought because....we love fingies!!!!!

I checked the trichs with a loop and the one that looks done has those elongated and twisted trichomes @Krissi Carbone shows in her photos.
So, if this elongation and twisting of trichomes is a consistent effect of a successful draught, as it appears to be in Krissi's pictures from multiple plants, that makes me wonder if we can look through a loop at the elongated trichomes as an alternative method for determining success rather than leaf wilt angle.

If so, that would be a more direct approach since it's the effect on the trichomes we are after, not a secondary indication (leaf wilt angle is a symptom of enough draught to stimulate the process but it is in no way causative).

I wonder if there are any circumstances where you get a big droop in leaf angle without a corresponding elongation or if the two are somehow linked. For instance, in a root bound plant in a container like @Carcass had on his balcony, the droop in the leaves comes quite quickly, maybe even early in the day on hot sunny days, but Caplan indicated the effect took multiple days to trigger (I think his was 11?). So, maybe plants in Carcass' circumstances, or those say in a Hempy or a SIP which are used to much more consistently wet conditions, the elongation might be a way to tell that the effect had happened either long enough or repeatedly enough to trigger the response.

I know early on we were wondering how to affect this process in various mediums, so maybe if this is a viable approach it could help determine when to rescue water to avoid draughting more than necessary.

@Krissi Carbone @Maritimer ??

:hmmmm:

Ahoy Az,
Truth be told, I have not used my Louge for years after being convinced how badly color blind I am. Plus, it never occurred to me it could be used in a fashion you describe. I am about 2 weeks away from conducting an extended drought and now plan to clean the dust off my telescopic device and find out what I see.

I remain skeptical of the chances of success for shorter droughts. The plant needs time to recognize the water shortage and increase its synthesis of abscisic acid (ABA). The rising levels of ABA will then antagonize the JA pathways, and it is the JA pathway that is responsible for the production of essential oils.

Sorry for the bold print, but this must be made clear. It is why, and how extended droughts elicit the species survival reaction of increased essential oil production.

But maybe multiple shorter term draughts could trigger the same response over time? Maybe elongated trichomes could provide a clue. We'll have to get @Carcass and @Rexer to break out the loop on their next draught and see if there are any similarities.

If I'm remembering correctly, the THC resides in the trichome head rather than the stems (it's the heads that dissolve in ethanol), so the increase in THC content can't be caused by the elongation of the trichome stems though it could be an indication that the process is working.

Since Caplan didn't mention that part all we can do is try for repeatability, and obviously compare to un-droughted clones. If Caplan had just droughted some plants and said "wow these are stronger than the last batch I grew" no one would be taking him seriously (I hope!).
I remain skeptical of the chances of success for shorter droughts.
That was my thought after a 2 day drought with a very wilty plant.

Everything to share this with the rest of the growing world...especially you guys.....

You know I still feel like I'm going to be working on gaining respect but I'm totally fine with that. I'm a person of purpose and I have a tough skin. I'll just keep doing my best and putting stuff out here and that's all I can do.
Saying something like that to me really helps when my self esteem is a little down on here. Just know I have so much more to learn and I feel like a baby every now and then listening to everyone talk everything cannabis.

Oh Azi...yaaay! A believer! Will you share pics when you're done? Puuuuuleeeeease!!!!

I knew you were the kinda grower that could just tell when

Now it is!! Ding ding ding!!!

Absolutely, I'm so happy to share.

I have been asked for these now for a while and figured since I got the new light box, I'd take some shots.

Here is SANDY, my Cookies Haze c/o Kannabia Seeds via @CannaPot. As we know she was grown under the @Mars Hydro FC4800 sun with both @Prescription Blend and @DYNOMYCO. She droughted for 5.5 days.

A few birdies wanted to see the trichomes on the droughted buds.

As they dry and the buds shrink, the trichomes remain elongated and literally just idk look like a coral wonderland, trichomes on serious uppers, or a mystical land of trichome giants that live on your buds.

There's so many stacked trichies, it gets blurry trying to take pictures.

I'm thinking it's giants but then again. I believe in magic beans and fairies and parallel levels of existence so....

We drought because....we love fingies!!!!!
Do you wash these also?

If I'm remembering correctly, the THC resides in the trichome head rather than the stems (it's the heads that dissolve in ethanol), so the increase in THC content can't be caused by the elongation of the trichome stems though it could be an indication that the process is working.
That's more what I'm thinking. A visual clue that the draught stress has caused a change in morphology.

That was my thought after a 2 day drought with a very wilty plant.
Carcass's grow from a few years ago showed repeated daily stress and then daily recovery and looking back he wondered if that's what caused that year's harvest to be so potent (if I remember his comments correctly), so if the elongation is an indication, we might have another tell for grows that can't accomodate the 11 day draught. Maybe two days isn't enough, but eleven isn't necessary in certain circumstances. So, less about the time or wilt angle, more about the actual change in trichomes perhaps visually indicated by elongation?

Carcass's grow from a few years ago showed repeated daily stress and then daily recovery and looking back he wondered if that's what caused that year's harvest to be so potent (if I remember his comments correctly), so if the elongation is an indication, we might have another tell for grows that can't accomodate the 11 day draught. Maybe two days isn't enough, but eleven isn't necessary in certain circumstances. So, less about the time or wilt angle, more about the actual change in trichomes perhaps visually indicated by elongation?
I don't recall Carcass growing on a balcony and doing drought stress and recovery, but I know @Stunger did.

Back
Top Bottom