Drying our Mushrooms - Food Dehydrator?

I have searched for an answer to this question, but keep coming up with drying buds, not mushrooms.
My dehydrator temperature range is 95 F to 165 F.
Would using the dehydrator on that lowest setting cause any issues with the quality of the mushrooms?

New venture for me.
Thanks!
Good evening, Lady Cannafan
95° in a food dehydrator will be fine. I put mine on drying racks in front of a fan for a few days. Then I transfer the racks into a large air tight tote with desiccant crystals on the bottom of the tote to make them cracker dry.

Peace and happy growing

95° in a food dehydrator will be fine. I put mine on drying racks in front of a fan for a few days. Then I transfer the racks into a large air tight tote with desiccant crystals on the bottom of the tote to make them cracker dry.

Peace and happy growing
Wonder if you can fridge dry like they do with buds 🤔

Peace and happy growing
What sort of desiccant crystals? Do you tape the bag up to allow for aeration? What’s the sitchuashun? 🙏

I have searched for an answer to this question, but keep coming up with drying buds, not mushrooms.
My dehydrator temperature range is 95 F to 165 F.
Would using the dehydrator on that lowest setting cause any issues with the quality of the mushrooms?

New venture for me.
Thanks!
A mate I used to get my shrooms off always used a dehydrater. He would do it as low and slow as possible.
They would then last about 18 months in the freezer! Tried some about 24 months after and no effect!
Hope that helps!!

Wonder if you can fridge dry like they do with buds 🤔
I think the fridge has too much moisture. I do a lot of drying and powdering things like onions, garlic, and potatoes etc. I tried a couple in the fridge and they caked up. BUT, having said that, now I'm curious on the humidity score in my fridge. Soooo, I am putting a humidity sensor in there today just to find out. :laugh:

I think the fridge has too much moisture. I do a lot of drying and powdering things like onions, garlic, and potatoes etc. I tried a couple in the fridge and they caked up. BUT, having said that, now I'm curious on the humidity score in my fridge. Soooo, I am putting a humidity sensor in there today just to find out. :laugh:
Is your fridge one of the ones that remove the moisture like the frost free freezers

What sort of desiccant crystals? Do you tape the bag up to allow for aeration? What’s the sitchuashun? 🙏

Heres what I use

Absorber, here are the magic crystals I use. You can reuse them too. Just put them on a sheet pan and put in the oven at 225 until their dryed out about an hour.

20231021_073329.jpg

20231021_073342.jpg

Heres a picture of my convection dehydrator. Put the magic crystals in the bottom. Shrooms on the racks seal it up with the air tight lid and apply 12 volts to the fan. The air circulation from the fan helps dry them out fairly quickly.

Cheers

20231021_073426.jpg

That is a pretty awesome set up! The dehydrators use a lot of electricity. This would cut that down for sure. Thanks for that @Ramblinrose1965 :love:

Looking great!
I am just finished setting things up, and will inoculate some jars and probably some bags today. The spores I have are APE, Blue Meanie Cube, and a couple others. I'll be setting up a grow diary in the next couple days.
I'm using Midwest Grow Kits, and Spore Genetics. I am really excited about this. :cheer:
L
Looking great!
I am just finished setting things up, and will inoculate some jars and probably some bags today. The spores I have are APE, Blue Meanie Cube, and a couple others. I'll be setting up a grow diary in the next couple days.
I'm using Midwest Grow Kits, and Spore Genetics. I am really excited about this. :cheer:
Just remember keeping things sterile is the key. Do you have a still air box? Or a flow hood?

I'm doing the oven method. All circulating air like furnace etc. will be turned off and I have an ionizer I will use for a while, then turn it off before I inoculate.
:thanks:
Lady Cannafan, sounds like your ready to rock and roll! Have fun.
Ramblinrose

Back
Top Bottom