DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Ok so here’s a quandary .... I got a full fridge and another that needs done next week.

I split her up and got 9 all roughly @ 28 like Sweet Sue suggested.... ( woo hoo bonsai)

Question.... can I condense the 9 into 3 after a week and still get the cure or do I need to come up with a different approach.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 158
For what it is worth ( and a bump ) my bags never got damp. For me, Tis better to under pack the bags, I have over packed them, I have never weighed them but a wet 28g sounds about right.
Frost frree fridge is key, not sure about having condensation.

I know you read the thread but just in case ( i go looking for these tips each harvest meself )
I hope this is the right link, I any case i search the tread for posts from furcifer>>>>>>........
Link back in the beginning>>>
here is a link......Tips for lo slo

Good luck, but I think you will be fine trust your instincts.:thumb:

First I would like to thank everyone that contributed their time and data to this awesome thread!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! Low and slow is definitely the way to go. I’ve tried the paper bag method with great success and I find that it works exceptionally well. I ran into spacing issues with paper bags as my harvests expanded so I had to improvise. I gathered all the information I can find on curing and devised a highly sophisticated method tailored to my needs. The info I’m about to bestow upon this wonderful community is Next Level, Futuristic, NASA Space Shuttle Rocket Science. Hold on to your seats ladies and gents and pay close attention because this can get complicated and confusing. Drumroll please.………............................................................ Today I am here to bring you :::::::::::::: PIZZA BOXES!!!
That’s right, I said Pizza Box. I simply layer the bottom and sides of the box with wax paper So that there isn’t any contact with the cardboard. The box is completely filled with nothing overlapping(that would be like putting 2 medium pizzas in one box). The boxes have ventilation ports and are easily stackable. This method allows me to set it and forget it.

First I would like to thank everyone that contributed their time and data to this awesome thread!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! Low and slow is definitely the way to go. I’ve tried the paper bag method with great success and I find that it works exceptionally well. I ran into spacing issues with paper bags as my harvests expanded so I had to improvise. I gathered all the information I can find on curing and devised a highly sophisticated method tailored to my needs. The info I’m about to bestow upon this wonderful community is Next Level, Futuristic, NASA Space Shuttle Rocket Science. Hold on to your seats ladies and gents and pay close attention because this can get complicated and confusing. Drumroll please.………............................................................ Today I am here to bring you :::::::::::::: PIZZA BOXES!!!
That’s right, I said Pizza Box. I simply layer the bottom and sides of the box with wax paper So that there isn’t any contact with the cardboard. The box is completely filled with nothing overlapping(that would be like putting 2 medium pizzas in one box). The boxes have ventilation ports and are easily stackable. This method allows me to set it and forget it.

Oh.... I think I love you. :kisstwo:

I believe pizza boxes have been suggested once before, haven’t they guys? :hmmmm: But damn! Good idea, and I can see how it’d make stacking them much easier. :high-five:

What’s the most boxes you’ve been able to get into a fridge using this method SHABOOGY1? And where are you getting the pizza boxes from?

I’m pleased as Punch that all this exploration and documentation led you to another level in terpene retention. That’s exactly why we’re here, to keep the excitement going. Then, every once in a while we learn something new and valuable. :circle-of-love:

Hi Everybody, I made it!
To harvest, and also this thread! I found you all about 2 or 3 weeks ago while watching my best grow to date fatten up :woohoo:. I finally have just reached 2 weeks on my second batch of low n slow, and I want to join the fun:cheesygrinsmiley:.
Here’s the first batch
That’s one girl I chopped about four weeks ago, she went about 8 weeks into flower. I washed and hung the buds overnight after wet trimming. They then went two weeks in jars with cheesecloth on top, tossed once a day. Then onto racks (because I had read more of this thread :laugh:) for an additional week, at that point rh in a closed jar at room temp read 70%. It’s now a week of burping for longish periods because of ambient rh and the Rh in the jar is staying right around 64. The smell is kind of dry hay up front still, but if you breath in a bit deeper it’s kind of an earthy sweet lemon.
Dry weight is just under an oz at 25g

The second girl that went almost 12 weeks in flower has now been on racks, no jars at all, in the fridge for 2 weeks. And I’m about to check the Rh in a jar at room temp for the first time.... I’m excited.
Thank you all for existing the way you do.:thanks:

Alrighty, so overnight in jars, and the regular nugs off girl two are sitting right around 65%. Ready to start curing. The tops that I left as big nugs are still at 77 so I’ll put them back in the fridge probably for another week. Dry weight on girl 2 is 85g. I hit my goal of a qp off this harvest :woohoo:

i am going to chop plants today and was wondering what does the temp and rh have to be in the fridge? i have an old Crowley refridgerator. nothing fancy and not sure if it would work?

i did a experiment and tossed a couple small buds that i had opened up the canopy and snipped off into a brown bag but i think i let it go too long ( 2 weeks)

if my fridge is not at 45-50f and 40% humidity is there a way to still do it?

What are temp and rh in your fridge?

I found I had to make adjustments in my dorm fridge. When rh was too high, I turned the temp down and vice versa.

I think rh in a range of 50-60 is what were shooting for. Realize the rh will jump when you put a bunch of moist buds in There...,

What are temp and rh in your fridge?

I found I had to make adjustments in my dorm fridge. When rh was too high, I turned the temp down and vice versa.

I think rh in a range of 50-60 is what were shooting for. Realize the rh will jump when you put a bunch of moist buds in There...,

36% rh 41 F

those are some ghetto fridge shelves, couldnt i just hang the colas from those racks?

i was going to chop , light trim, bud wash

and then hang for about 4 hours ( right? )

then could i hang my colas in the fridge ( the rh would go up)

check every 8 hours what the bud rh is ??
or does the interval go shorter?
and i go to jar at 69-70% or lower?

im at page 11 and theres alot of small talk that im looking for the actual method on here?

I would put the Bud in paper bags to further slow the drying process.

thats the part im not understanding though pennywise.
do i wash, hang for 4 hours then put in paper bags?

or do you mean hanging them or laying them on their side will dry them too quickly?

either way im going to put buds in the fridge, i have been putting leaf in bags and drying them in the fridge to use for cooking, i guess its the same concept.

just looking for some clarity, and im still reading through earlier posts onthis thread

I chop, wash, hang for 3-4 hours, trim and take buds off of stems. I then pt them in paper bags and into the frig. The first few days I leave the ends of the bags open to help some of the moisture escape. Every morning and night I take and fluff the buds a bit. Don't freak cause the first few days they feel like mush. After about 3 days I'll close the ends of the bags and still toss them 2 times a day for the next week. Then I'll just let them be for another week and them pull them out and put them in a Turkey bag and check my rh. If it's over 68% I'll pt them back in paper bags and back in the frig. If < 68 I'll start my curing.

Looking really nice Wrenn! This low and slow just happened to be in my clip board from pasting it in another journal earlier. See below. If you don't have an extra fridge or room in the main fridge you can hang in your tent, fans off, exhaust and intake fans on, temps around 65-70 rh from 50-60. Check frequently. It usually takes me 4-5 days before ready for the jar. You can use Boveda or boost 62% humidity packs for long term storage. Love low and slow though, got some in the fridge now.

For anyone that doesn't know about the low and slow method of drying, it's pretty easy. Chop, trim and wash as usual. Hang dry for about 4 hours then into paper bags and into the fridge. Each bag gets about 30 grams of wet bud, I've seen this number vary. You don't want the buds bunched up but rather laying flat in the bag so they can breath and dry. after 3 days open all the bags and move the buds around a little to make sure all sides are getting air, close bag and back in the fridge. Do this again in another 3 days and then you can just leave them until dry, 10-14 days, number can vary based on rh in fridge and size of buds. Note, if you don't have a dedicated fridge, food will take on the smell and taste of your weed. I'm using a mini fridge. After the 2 weeks or so, assuming your buds feel dry, throw them in jars with hygrometers (I got mine At a pet store in the reptile section) and check after a few hours, if the rh is over 70 back in the fridge for more drying and if 70 or below you can burp down to 62 and cure as usual, there are pros and cons to the boveda/boost humidity packs.

If you want to read more here is the thread, DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

What penny said. Don't need to read from the beginning, let me find my summary. Can you turn temp up? If rh is still that low once you put buds on, you may need to turn temp up, maybe not...,?

Hang tight.

im on page 15, there was talk of bananas and to atoes to help ripen yada yada.

what are the optimal conditions in the fridge? i can take everything out if need be.

im just confused about why some people are laying buds on screens and some are putting it in bags.

and if my fridge racks are screens could i just lay them on there.
which leads me to the thought “couldnt i just hang them?”

I chop, wash, hang for 3-4 hours, trim and take buds off of stems. I then pt them in paper bags and into the frig. The first few days I leave the ends of the bags open to help some of the moisture escape. Every morning and night I take and fluff the buds a bit. Don't freak cause the first few days they feel like mush. After about 3 days I'll close the ends of the bags and still toss them 2 times a day for the next week. Then I'll just let them be for another week and them pull them out and put them in a Turkey bag and check my rh. If it's over 68% I'll pt them back in paper bags and back in the frig. If < 68 I'll start my curing.

Yeah, what Derby said! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom