what is beter

18000 BTU 1½ Ton PIONEER Ductless Mini Split
or
18000 BTU 1½ Ton Toshiba Ductless Mini Split

what is beter

or

Those are two good units. I would pick the one with a better seer rating and a better warranty.

both are 13 seer

Installation of a mini split must be completed by a licensed HVAC company or no warranty (this is for the Toshiba)

one year limited warranty coverage on all equipment we sell against certain defects in materials and workmanship. In addition, we offer 2 years warranty on the compressor. (this is for the PIONEER)

I will doing all the work my self

I am in the business and Toshiba are a much better unit, the other is just rebranded junk. Mitsubishi is best imo and if know someone you goes into mexico you can buy them for nearly nothing. The Border dudes can and will check to see if the unit has freon and they will not let you bring freon over from mexico.

I am going on a trip south of the border in december any details on where to go and look for a mitsubishi would be stoked.
I am rocking a comfort aire 13 seer unit and it has held up for over a year. I am replacing it before long though. i want something with a high seer rating.

I have a pal from work who picks them up for me. I will ask him Monday. Last one I bought was a 19 seer 18k btu I paid around 700$ and gave my pal 50$, That said he prob only paid 600$ +-

I got the 18000 BTU 1½ Ton PIONEER Ductless Mini Split I ask the guy what it will cool he told me 450 square foot
ant it 900 square foot

Ductless splits cool a larger area at the same BTU level than do window air conditioners and portable air conditioners. Below is an approximate sizing guide:

350 square feet = 9,000 BTU

500 square feet = 12,000 BTU

750 square feet = 18,000 BTU

1000 square feet = 24,000 BTU

1250 square feet = 30,000 BTU

1500 square feet = 36,000 BTU

This is not a rule. There are other factors.

Proper ductless air conditioner sizing is essential for high efficiency performance and the level of cooling capacity. If the sizing is too small or too large, the system won't cool properly, and it won't operate efficiently. And if the system is improperly sized, if the indoor units are mounted in the wrong locations, or the installation itself is done incorrectly, you'll be left with an expensive problem to fix. Systems that are incorrectly sized and improperly positioned can seriously interfere with humidity control and cost a bundle in high electric bills.

Sizing a split system will depend on existing insulation levels, the area you want to cool and on how many indoor air handlers you plan to include. The more indoor units you want, the more precise the sizing must be. Because you're investing in a high performance system.

Looking to investing in a mini split system. It's going in a 7×12 sealed room in the garage. Garage has great insulation in it now. Question is... do I have to pull in fresh air from outside?

Looking to investing in a mini split system. It's going in a 7×12 sealed room in the garage. Garage has great insulation in it now. Question is... do I have to pull in fresh air from outside?
No a split system recycles the air in the room, but the compressor (the box part) will be outside of the room because this is where the heat is expelled from the condenser.
:snowboating:

what is beter

or
Well Alot of things to consider when buying a miny spilt what is the sear?? That's the effiency of the unit Do you need a base pan heater? Is it wifi compatible,How many zones does it cool and heat ,they also heat down to 32 degrees f
When I looked into and had a quote from an installer I researched them extensively and I found Mitsubishi to be one of the best because we use them for our equipment at work they last along time , the best in the business warranty I have a Rhini on demand hot water heater and it's the cats ass for hot water heater but I paid more for the Quality

Back
Top Bottom