DWC 1500W Multi Strain Grow

M1DRAGONACE

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my up and coming grow! I am new to the website and I'd like to give you guys an idea of where I'm coming from. 2 years ago a young man put some Marijuana seeds in some Miracle-grow and put a few cheap CFL's on around it. 3 days after germinating the seeds I had a house fire that ruined the last few years of my life. After it was all said and done (2-3 days later) I went rummaging through the debris that had been left behind and low and behold the tarp I had used to make a room had covered them virtually protecting them from the fire! ( this was in the middle of winter so these germinated seeds have already suffered sub-freezing possibly even sub-zero temps) I figured what can it hurt I took the little pots with me and put em next to the stove. To my amazement a week later little green friends were popping out to greet the sunshine in the window, my jaw was on the floor. Through out the grow I babied the hell out of these plants only to find out they are like ANY other weed extremely resilient! I was devastated however by the small production of buds.

Today I have been growing in a 6x4 off shoot room in my house with a 300W L.E.D grow panel (9 wavelengths) and in a soil-less mix I have been producing 1 to 2 1/2 Oz per plant and I grow 4- 5 at a time. My water is not Ph'd I don't use much nutrients and unfortunately there is absolutely no air exchange. Something needed to change so I had a couple :bong: and began filling my mind with just how complex growing this magnificent plant is.

Within the next few weeks I will be obtaining the necessary items to start what I will consider my first real grow! I would like to share with everyone my methods my mistakes and my achievements and maybe have some extra fun cooking up ideas on the side!

So to start with I will list the setup I am trying to achieve:

~GROW SPACE: 8' X4' X6.5' Grow tent 1200D oxford fabric
~GROW LIGHT(s): X2 600W MH/HPS and 1 300W LED panel
~GROW MEDIUM: DiY DWC single bucket system X8 and few plants in fabric pots with soil-less mix
~VENTILATION: X2 6" inline blower rated for 440CFM's
~Nutes: the 3 part full line of Blue Planet Nutrients and some extra additives
~Accessories: Don't worry guys I got the water temp/TDS/PPM meter a thermometer, hydrometer, hangers, poles, PH kit, pump I really don't wanna list em all haha!
Among the things not listed I also invested in a R/O with a 0PPM filter for nice feedings!

Ok lets get into the good stuff here! I have picked out some strains I'd like to grow they consist of: God's Gift, Blue Dream, O.G. Kush, The "Chemdog", White Rhino and the Kalashnikova (I love a variety!). I will also be growing a few of my own seeds that I have no idea what they are!

I will be Training all these beautiful girls differently based on the growing patterns.

OK I think that will about wrap it up for the first post, I will be posting pictures of the setup and new babies when they arrive, also if anyone is interested in seeing old photos or sparking up some questions or advice, I am a learner!

I will be updating vary soon guys! :thumb:

Subscribed. Your growspace and lighting is pretty similar to mine. You must live in a house though I dont have the luxery to make structural changes to add in ventalation just fans.

Welcome! Right now I am finally in a place where I can get what i want done :) Shipping on some of this heavy stuff is slow lol, It's expected to come feb. 18-21 So I will have pics!

If you have any questions or advice let me know! ill be popping in on your journal. :thumb:

#Update!

The seeds are in! this is what I actually ended up getting,
God's Gift
Blue Dream
sage 'n' sour
Chemdog
White Rhino
super critical
Purple Trainwreck
cheese seed
Blue OG
auto Pineapple express
purple haze
O.G. White widow cross
Hurcules kush

Let me know what you guys think!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't gotten on here to update. I have found myself stretched with life and getting things started.

Its time for a #Update: My room has been 100% equip with the tent, venting, thermometers ducting etc.

Currently I have 1 600W MH and 300W L.E.D Running on my plants I have 7 DWC sites home to 2xBlue Dream, 2xChemdog, 1xSuper Critical, 1xWhite Rhino and 1xBlue O.G. I have 3 Hercules clones and a few other strains I will be trying in dirt.

The Guts: So far this has been the fastest I've seen my plants grow. I dropped all the DWC seeds at the same time some popped tailed even earlier then others! After roughly 16 hours they were cracked open and ready to be transplanted into rock wool cubes. The vary next night I could see my winning horses racing to the top of the rock wool( chemdogs and blue dreams) The rest were not far behind!

#Currently: End of day 3 all of sprouts are 2-5 inches tall and some even have roots in the water! ( roots were showing when I moved to DWC,~ water level is right at rock wool cubes and the bubbles are splashing up on them) They all have fully formed their first sets of leafs.

They got a full dose of nutrients in R/O water right from seed
Highest temp in the room was 78 so far
Lowest temp in the room was 65 so far
Humidity: maintained at 52%
Res water: highest 73, lowest 62 I have been maintaining res temperature at 64-68 (one of the first days the nob for my fan controller got switched off and heated things up a little but for about 2 hours and roots hadn't dropped yet)

I hear a lot of mixed things about whats O.K for a res temp, however most people agree 65-68 is optimal. Then again I hear people grow at 58-62F. I'm not sure it grows better at that temperature My guess would be no and that the only benefit is your plants wont have any problems but at the cost of cooling the water that low while keeping your air temp the same. Let me know what you guys think about that.

I have ordered a new camera charger because the one I had has been "misplaced" One of the things you deal with when you have another person in your life lol. So sorry guys no Pics this round but it will be vary soon Plus I know you all have seen little sprouts before and all you'd be seeing is my colorful badly tapped buckets but hey it gets the job done.

That wraps it up for this post guys again if you have any questions or advice I'd love to hear/ socialize!:thumb:

Hey man!. Yeah thats a lot of nice strains rock out. The res temp can be lowered the higher the room temp is. But you got a lot of great things going for you. At this stage there really isnt going to be to many updates so dont fret.I give more then updates I post vids and activism updates and general info so I tend to post more in mine but back to you. You seem to be doing good for yourself and I cant wait for some pics. I dont do hydroponics aeroponics wicking ebb and flow or anything to do with hydroponics I use organic dirt and organic nutes and organic pest control but I will be able to help you should you have any pests and most nute problems or light positioning for maximum light. Anyways again im glad you poste again I was almost about to unsub because I have so many journals that I sub to where people just dont post anymore and I try to keep a clean control panel of only active grows.

Awesome man, I'll def be updating when there is some activity going on however, this morning All of my hydro's have started their second leaf sets

In addition my pump had 8 ports so I ran the extra hose under one of my Fabric pots ( 1 of 3 hurc clones) and in 3 days the growth has been amazing the branches seem to want to grow right up the stalk where as the others are branching more outwards. Growth wise that one clone is roughly 4 inches taller! cant have enough air!

Right now Everything is running good temp wise but I fear as we get closer to the hot months I may have a water temp problem. I could run the air hoses outside of the tent and put the air pump right next to a cold air vent? some things to think about. (if i can avoid a water chiller i want to)

I also contemplated taking a mild nutrient solution and putting it in the fridge ( enough for to add to all of them of course) as I do not want to shock the roots with ice and I know when they get bigger they will DRINK lol:surf:

Put ice cubes in your water to lower the water temps. The more ice the lower the temps.

Yeah if you have the skill that would be awesome dude. My problem is my skill is mostly in the field of computers and I never grew up learning carpentry or electrical and wiring or nothing like that so when it comes to DIY I have all the ideas but none of the skill to implement them. When I go somewhere like home depot I love it the smell the tools but if you ask me what a random one did I couldnt tell you at all. But throwing in some ice shouldnt get the temps down that low I wouldnt think but if you are diy inclined do it man and I will give you some reps for it :)

#UPDATE, Here we are at Day 10

Despite My urge to keep a working thing working, this grow I have Pushed the nutrients right from seed. The water I germinated them all in was dosed with a mildly diluted solution. Seeds took under 12 hours to crack and within the 24 hour mark they were all transplanted to rock wool cubes placed in a humidified dome (around 62-68%) and left for an additional day before moving to my DWC buckets.

The rate of growth is awesome, I would recommend adding 1/8 of your reg veg dose for seeds right at the start to anyone.

My Blue O.G seems to have taken the race by storm, she is working on her 4th set of leaves and has some little branch sprouts in every node, all of my others are on their 2nd working on the 3rd or on the 3rd. Some but not all have some tinier branch sprouts. Over all I'm vary impressed with the growth, I am about 3 days ahead of my usual growth on all of them!

So far my res temps stay at 66-67 degrees and my air temp remains at 73-75 during the day and 64-67 during the night.( my res temps when I get up with the light is around 60-62) and the air in the tent is exchanged with fresh air close to if not over 8 times an hour. My Fans are all set up on those thermometer switches, makes my fans slower or faster to keep the temp I set to it.

Today I plan on planting most of my dirt girls in their final fabric pots and giving a heavy dose of veg nuts (earlier I did the same with the DWC) (PH for my soil is 6.5 and PH for my hydro is 6.2-6.0)

Then I guess it will be time to sit back and wait again. My goal this grow is to get quality and yield, I'm not huge on how much I get I just need more then 1-2 ounces per plant. So far on my Hercules clones I've trained almost all the plant. She is a real sturdy bush with every branch has a knuckle at the stalk and the stalk has knuckles right at every node ( I do not full on snap it every time, I squeeze till it gives way all around the the place I want it to get stronger. Recovery time on this is roughly a day to 2 days which works better then full on snapping. I do snap the tops down to get an even growing canopy where the branches fight to be top buds.

Hope some of you get more interested when there are more interesting things going on but its all exciting for me!

Have a great day everyone:thumb:

Awesome man, Thanks for joining the club, I've actually moved the thread per a moderators request, The nutrient brand I use is banned on this site so I'm not suppose to talk about it ;)

Been having a hell of a time finding my camera charger I've got one on the way, It actually shoulda been here by now but I got a buddy bringing his tablet over next week so I will 100% have pics.

Just as well I might actually have something to show everyone by then. Last night I accidentally snapped one of my girls almost clean in half :straightface: It was an immediate " CRAP" moment, I jumped up found some duct tape and tapped it back together. The plant was snapped below her first set of leaves and branches and almost within 5 mins everything was totally droopy and dead looking. I thought for sure She was a goner. This morning I looked in to find that my little chemdog is gonna make it! only one side of her is droopy but the rest is standing like nothing happened.

I plan on leaving the tape on for a week or till I feel its healed over. I've never broke a plant this bad so if she makes it the knuckle holding this plant up is going to be insane!

P.S. I've got 2 blue dreams going and both seems to be different pheno types, I;ve got one with your classic long thin sativa lookin leaves and the other vary short blocky indica looking leaves, Both of them are around the same progress as the pack ( about 3-4 nodes) however the blue dreams look like the runts of the group, I'm sure its small structure will be easy to train.

yep she sounds like she is going to knuckle for you. Hey that sounds dirty.

Back
Top Bottom