DWC Blueberry Head Band

Bayoubrit

420 Member
So after a very warm and encouraging welcome I started my grow with site journal. As i mentioned in my intro post, I have 8 DWC grows under my belt, they were a while back but here i am revisiting the hydro grow world. My set up is crude and collapsible when finished or cheap to replace or expand.
As seems to be a very common problem i have no space to little space, so i will be needing to train to get the results. This is my first with limited space, when i lived in the UK i had a spare empty bedroom and here in the US a 4 x 4 foot space...but its not the size but utilization .....Right?
I have put my seed which i got given into Germination, as i write this she is starting to wake up and start her journey. I aim to do a full post tomorrow about my set up.

Plant : Blueberry Headband,
Strain: 50/50 Hybrid
info taken from:

I was given the seed so am unsure of any other info other than a search of seedsman.
Basic description of my grow is a DWC under 1400W LED with DIY temp control.
I will post specific info on my grow setup tomorrow because i was unprepared to post but to excited not to post that I rejoined the grow world...
See you tomorrow ( If i haven't bored you )

Welcome to the site @Bayoubrit. I’ve actually just finished growing an Emerald Triangle G13 x Blueberry Headband in DWC so I’d love to follow along buddy. It’s a great smoke.

As i mentioned here is my progress today, when i said this is a simple low budget build I meant it. I got the idea for the enclosure from Carcass' Low Budget Grow journal but that is the journal that also kicked me in the ass to get going and not use the funds are tight an excuse it also gives me time to get other things in order.
I have two cardboard boxes modified to stack. I am going to make a light stand that will carry the weight of the light at work tomorrow to take the stress off the box. I designed and built a simple light baffle works a real treat and does not impend air flow. I added a crawfish tray in the bottom to collect and protect.

IMG_3489.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

My media is going to be a Gro dan uni slab which i will cut to fit my grow basket.
IMG_3485 (1).jpg

My light was given to me and is a 1400 K LED horticulture lighting group light with dimmer and external ballast. I rebuilt the light to add in new thermal grease and clean the cooling fins. I tidied up some wiring and she is good to glow!
IMG_3490.jpg

My nutrients are Roots Organic Buddha Grow / Bloom, I got these on a recommendation from a Buddy but i am not familiar with the brand but I also have been in hiatus for a few years and things change.
The fans I got from Wally world on sale for 99c so decided to try them.

IMG_3483.jpg

I have some other things on the way from the online jungle that will be arriving in the next 2 days to finish out the build and ready. Namely Maylar for the walls , air pump and some timers.

My temperature control is going to be carried out by this guy, a Omron PID controller that i rescued from a scraped project at work. The unit has input for a three wire RTD, built in NO relay but i also have 2 relays as backup. The unit will be going into a bigger control box to accommodate the relays and a power supply for 5 - 24v .

IMG_3486.jpg

More updates will follow !
Good night

so today the seed went to its final resting to grow upwards toward happiness and good health. I didn't included a picture because i figured a seed is a seed is a germinated seed...
now the wait to see her wave hello from the dark!!!

While the little lady is growing away i have been testing the grow box. I have had everything running as it would be during the real run, I was getting huge temps! i am talking 102 as the highest. I realized my design was flawed and basically built a heat collector with bad air flow , so back to the drawing board.
I added some extractor higher CFM fans as exhausts and added a bigger fan as an intake fan. I also realized i was running my light at full ,so i played with the dimmer and hit the needed mark for one plant in a small space.
Bingo i can hold the temp at 83 - 85f.
I will be fine tuning some more tomorrow and give it a 3 - 4 day run to ensure no other environmental changes occur.

On a positive, the little lady popped her seedling leaves ( not sure of the proper name) and was waving "Hi"

Could you not of just purchasea cheap grow tent, maybe a second hand grow tent? This would help with your temps & humidity control. I think growing in a cardboard box will6be difficult but I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out for you

Could you not of just purchasea cheap grow tent, maybe a second hand grow tent? This would help with your temps & humidity control. I think growing in a cardboard box will6be difficult but I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out for you

afternoon Greenmind, hope you are doing great !
You are 100 % right about the tent, my issue is space and I really wanted to see if I can effectively grow in a smaller space. My other grows were in a spare bedroom where space was not a factor.
since changing my fan arrangement the temp is now at 81 - 84 consistently so I feel good about it.

Back
Top Bottom