Adora's Blueberry Summer Grow

Thanks guys. 🌻

Carmen Ray said:
Have you done this before? You seem to have it impressively all to schedule :goodluck
@Carmen Ray Hardly.:) I've successfully used the STS exactly once before this Blueberry (unless you count the NL beside it that grew male parts too after I sprayed and forgot to turn off the fan).

My timeline was roughly this:
June 21: pollen sacks confirmed on BB-1, flipped BB-2 (actually I should have done this a lot sooner)
June 29: first saw pollen (BB-1)
July 6: BB-2 started flowering (not sure when, I forgot to check on her for a few days)
July 12: I started shaking some of the bananas over the buds although it was early. I figured the earlier I start pollinating, the earlier I can harvest brown seeds...

The duo are in a closet in my back room. There’s a dehumidifier in there I’m hoping sucks in the stray pollen. I also set up some apple cider vinegar traps back there (for bugs, not pollen:)).
20220711_174338.jpg

Don't they look so in love.💞

Blueberry ding dong
20220721_174026.jpg

The receptive female
20220721_173959.jpg

Actually today I first noticed some seeds (the bud was sprinkled 9 days ago):
20220721_174100.jpg

As far as gnats, at the 3 week mark I put another ½ mosquito dunk in my 5 gal jug on top of the 2 dunks that were already there (there were still some pretty big chunks). There are still gnats around, though a lot less of them... I do worry about keeping them out of my next grows.

Now on to the...

Blueberry Update (Day 109, Flower Day 45)
My beloved Blueberry has some yellowing larger fan leaves which began when the gnats numbers spiked. There’s some purpling going on as well, which is hard to capture with my crappy phone cam under my crappy light - lol. I've been staking her as her buds are putting on weight. I think she still has several weeks left.
20220720_154333 (1).jpg

20220721_203130.jpg

20220720_153035.jpg

20220720_154408.jpg

I'm glad I chose to reverse her. She has a stanky, fruity, skunky smell that's really sour and fresh.
Thanks for reading everyone!
🫐🫐🫐💜💙💜💙💜🫐🫐🫐

No wasted space in  that tent!
She's looking great, Adora- beautiful shade of purple too!

Adora good mornin growmie.... I'm aaaadoring your garden they are all looking fantastic especially that blue berry....euch bea------utiful color on her.

But I Hope you have a wonderful weekend.... Be careful near that blue berry bing dong...don't need you trippin and ending up producing seedz to ;):laugh:

No wasted space in  that tent!
She's looking great, Adora- beautiful shade of purple too!
Thanks Carcass! I was planning on popping her by the AC the last few days to finish up... looks like I won't have to. :D

She's looking lovely Adora and way to go on the seeds!
Thanks Carmen! I'm stoked about the seeds.

Adora good mornin growmie.... I'm aaaadoring your garden they are all looking fantastic especially that blue berry....euch bea------utiful color on her.

But I Hope you have a wonderful weekend.... Be careful near that blue berry bing dong...don't need you trippin and ending up producing seedz to ;):laugh:
Like this? 🤱 <-- that's a big green seed LOL
But thank you growmie 💚

Your CarCanopy is AMAZING!

You are defs the Queen of the Canopy, but full disclosure ladybird, I’m chasing your crown big time! Lolllll
Thanks Trala. :love: I had a Tangerine Dream sprout a few days ago so I'll be attempting my next CarCanopy™ once she's big enough. 😀

Seems like you've successfully used STS twice now (once more than I have!) and those seeds are already coming on strong.
:welldone:

And the wall-to-wall Blueberry with all that frost looks dynamite! 🧨
Thank you Shed! I hope she's dynamite 🧨 to smoke as well. :)

I can see so many seeds on the STS clone that I really don't want to toss it. How many seeds did you end up getting off your STS plant, compared to the pollinated ones? My last plant I ended up getting very few seeds from the reversed plant itself as I lost most to mold and rot. The bananas went very moldy very quickly.

How many seeds did you end up getting off your STS plant, compared to the pollinated ones?
I got tons more off the pollinated ones but I haven't counted. Here are all the seeds off the STS:

I kept the dark and striped ones from the STS . Here are the dark:

And the striped:

I test germinated two of each and all 4 plants are growing well. They get snipped this weekend to make room for the germination test of the ones from the pollinated plants.

Here are the dark and striped one from the two pollinated plants on the left:

The pale ones on the right will get tossed because I doubt they will pass the germination test.
My last plant I ended up getting very few seeds from the reversed plant itself as I lost most to mold and rot. The bananas went very moldy very quickly
My first STS plant rotted at the roots so all my seeds were pretty immature. Some sprouted though and you can see them here in Otter's thread (he called them Carnival but their actually Candida!).

InTheShed said:
I got tons more off the pollinated ones but I haven't counted. Here are all the seeds off the STS:

Thank you Shed. From the looks of your pictures it might not be worth it to me to try to save my STS plant if it starts to mold. Those STS seeds are a fraction of the pollinated seeds. I don't want to risk the mold spreading to my pollinated plant. The male is one branch anyway :laugh:

InTheShed said:
My first STS plant rotted at the roots so all my seeds were pretty immature. Some sprouted though and you can see them here in Otter's thread (he called them Carnival but their actually Candida!).

Looks like her offspring grew up to be quite successful despite her rough demise...

Blueberry Update (Day 116, Flower Day 52)

Picture time! The Blueberry looks to me like she still has a couple weeks left. I like them well-done, and my last Blueberry took 63 days. Here she is day 52.

1_20220721_203130.jpg

2_20220729_182443.jpg

3_20220728_154413.jpg

4_20220729_182618.jpg

5_20220729_182126.jpg

6_20220729_182308.jpg

She is stinking up the place so badly I can smell her from outside my home. I did see a family of skunks cross the street and crawl under my neighbour's place the other day though, so I might be off the hook... 🦨🦨🦨🦨 :laugh:

I have checked her over for mold and found none. ✔️

And look who popped up a few days ago. :) She's quite off-centre because she was dropped (obviously). I've been waiting to grow this strain again for a while. I grew one last year and it was the best smelling plant I've ever grown...incredibly strong, like pine, citrus, and spearmint. Kind of like brushing your teeth in a forest. Honestly...I don't really remember what the high was like.:bongrip: What really attracted me to the plant was the smell.

7_20220729_194657.jpg

Not sure if I should start a new journal for her or keep her updates here. Well that's it for me, have a great weekend. :bong: :green_heart:

Blueberry Update (Day 116, Flower Day 52)

Picture time! The Blueberry looks to me like she still has a couple weeks left. I like them well-done, and my last Blueberry took 63 days. Here she is day 52.

1_20220721_203130.jpg

2_20220729_182443.jpg

3_20220728_154413.jpg

4_20220729_182618.jpg

5_20220729_182126.jpg

6_20220729_182308.jpg

She is stinking up the place so badly I can smell her from outside my home. I did see a family of skunks cross the street and crawl under my neighbour's place the other day though, so I might be off the hook... 🦨🦨🦨🦨 :laugh:

I have checked her over for mold and found none. ✔️

And look who popped up a few days ago. :) She's quite off-centre because she was dropped (obviously). I've been waiting to grow this strain again for a while. I grew one last year and it was the best smelling plant I've ever grown...incredibly strong, like pine, citrus, and spearmint. Kind of like brushing your teeth in a forest. Honestly...I don't really remember what the high was like.:bongrip: What really attracted me to the plant was the smell.

7_20220729_194657.jpg

Not sure if I should start a new journal for her or keep her updates here. Well that's it for me, have a great weekend. :bong: :green_heart:
Beautiful color ..... And that's how she looks right now weird lighting or filter?

And the little one looks to be doing well... Lil tall but that's ok can always bury her legs later.

Beautiful color ..... And that's how she looks right now weird lighting or filter?

And the little one looks to be doing well... Lil tall but that's ok can always bury her legs later.

:thanks: That's her under the COB LED. It has five really bright white/yellow LED chips. I have the white balance on my camera phone set to the little bulb.

Here she is with the grow light off and the flash on my phone. She's a really deep maroon colour.

20220730_124723.jpg

20220730_123600.jpg

Looking  sweet in the tent, Adora!

Not sure if I should start a new journal for her or keep her updates here.
I don't know if this would be a problem for you or not, but if you continue this journal, but with a different plant, your journal will be considered "perpetual" by the powers that be, and can't be nominated for Journal of the Month...
Just thought you should know ...:high-five:

Stunning, Adora... you made such a modest entrance and your grow speaks volumes about your knowledge of the plant. Your work is beautiful. Hats off! I was going to say the same thing as Carcass about keeping separate journals.

Your Blueberry is so beautiful. I hope mine turn out so well.

That Blueberry is a beautiful plant!
Thanks Shed!

Stunning, Adora... you made such a modest entrance and your grow speaks volumes about your knowledge of the plant. Your work is beautiful. Hats off! I was going to say the same thing as Carcass about keeping separate journals.
What a compliment... thank you Carmen. :love: All my knowledge comes from 420 mag! Lol.

Your Blueberry is so beautiful. I hope mine turn out so well.
Thank you HG. Congrats on journal of the month. :) :love:

Blueberry Update (Day 124, Flower Day 60)

I think the Blueberry has at least another week or two left... There are still lots of white pistils and she is drinking the same (6 L every 4 days).

20220804_222429.jpg

20220804_222448_.jpg

20220805_151550.jpg

20220805_151608.jpg

20220805_171830.png

20220805_151556.jpg

20220805_172930.png

Now that she's getting closer I've started looking at her with the loupe. Trichome shots:

20220804_222649.jpg

20220804_222658.jpg

Not ready!
Well, that's it for me... thanks for looking and have a great weekend! :bongrip: :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom