Darkscotia Grows In High Brix

So I screwed up a bit last night. When I went in to feed I turned off my 3 main lights. Turned one back on but forgot the other 2. So when light went to turn off.2 actually turned on for frig sakes. So they got a extra 6 hours of light for one day. Will this affect them very much. Have never done this before.

So I screwed up a bit last night. When I went in to feed I turned off my 3 main lights. Turned one back on but forgot the other 2. So when light went to turn off.2 actually turned on for frig sakes. So they got a extra 6 hours of light for one day. Will this affect them very much. Have never done this before.
Definitely possible it could trigger something.....getting them back on the normal light schedule and hope they don't start to reveg.

People are having issues all over the place right now....I had some light issues this morning with a possible light leak. I fell asleep with the tent open and there was some minor indirect light for a few hours.

Hope they stays the course! :goodluck:

Definitely possible it could trigger something.....getting them back on the normal light schedule and hope they don't start to reveg.

People are having issues all over the place right now....I had some light issues this morning with a possible light leak. I fell asleep with the tent open and there was some minor indirect light for a few hours.

Hope they stays the course! :goodluck:

Shitty I only have one feeding left after this one I just did. Will suck to screw them up now. Won’t screw with lights again

One night of that won’t bother them, once their 2 week initial flowering has set, you can up the light times to 15-16hrs quite easily and they will continue to flower.

My seed tent is running at 15/9 with 4 weeks left to go. I will likely do the same with my big tent when they are flowering.

Meh. I've never heard of just one messed up light cycle causing any problems.

:thumb:
One night of that won’t bother them, once their 2 week initial flowering has set, you can up the light times to 15-16hrs quite easily and they will continue to flower.

My seed tent is running at 15/9 with 4 weeks left to go. I will likely do the same with my big tent when they are flowering.

Thanks for the response. Another feeding and most if not all will be chopped anyway. As of right now I’m 15/20 for new seeds. 3 others have risen from the dirt but holding seeds sacks very tightly and I’d imagine if they don’t shed soon they will rot. Misting ones holding seed sack with water few times a day right now.

Last update before chopping these girls down. All got heavy feeding of Ge last feeding which was Saturday night. Hoping to chop Friday or Saturday and probably put dark for 24 to 48hrs prior to chop. Really let them dry out. It’s going to be a long weekend grow room duties.

Some pictures of ladies

And some picture of new ladies taking there place. 17/20 on seeds sprouting. 4 critical 2.0,4 critical,9 lsd. Only 15 will be grown in big room and other 2 outside or in another tent not sure yet. 2 seeds are way behind rest growth wise plus I want room to properly train and manicure the ladies.

Afternoon Dark, looks like you are going to have an awesome harvest. Is the plant in the 4th picture foxtailing? In the pic it kinda looks that way but hard to tell with these old eyes under burple lights lol

Anybody ever notice that growing bud is like hunting? All fun and games until you pull the trigger, then The work starts lol

Afternoon Dark, looks like you are going to have an awesome harvest. Is the plant in the 4th picture foxtailing? In the pic it kinda looks that way but hard to tell with these old eyes under burple lights lol

Anybody ever notice that growing bud is like hunting? All fun and games until you pull the trigger, then The work starts lol

Yes your eyes are working just fine. Should have been cut down a week ago but I let her go so I could dry all at the same time. Unfortunately she’s the closest to the light and may ha e experienced some light stress the last few weeks due to be so close. My god9 is awful strong. That’s the only one in the room doing that as well.

Last update before chopping these girls down. All got heavy feeding of Ge last feeding which was Saturday night. Hoping to chop Friday or Saturday and probably put dark for 24 to 48hrs prior to chop. Really let them dry out. It’s going to be a long weekend grow room duties.

Some pictures of ladies

And some picture of new ladies taking there place. 17/20 on seeds sprouting. 4 critical 2.0,4 critical,9 lsd. Only 15 will be grown in big room and other 2 outside or in another tent not sure yet. 2 seeds are way behind rest growth wise plus I want room to properly train and manicure the ladies.

Yep you are going to have weeed for daaaays!

When you throw her in the dark, what will your temperatures be?
I put a planted

I had my plant in the dark for about 48hrs prior to harvest at 16c and it seems to have made the plant smell like hay, not sure what i did wrong there

Yep you are going to have weeed for daaaays!

When you throw her in the dark, what will your temperatures be?
I put a planted

I had my plant in the dark for about 48hrs prior to harvest at 16c and it seems to have made the plant smell like hay, not sure what i did wrong there

I’ll probably go for 48 hrs at about 18c. I’ve always gone dark before harvest and never noticed a difference in smell. Last time I remember the hay smelling weed is when I wasn’t growing in hb soil honestly. After chemical and the other organic grows I’ve done nothing has compared to tastes and smells giving off by docs kit. My buddies don’t believe me and there weed speaks for itself lol. They say it has to be my led lol. Friggen stuck in there old ways hps&chemicals.

I’ll probably go for 48 hrs at about 18c. I’ve always gone dark before harvest and never noticed a difference in smell. Last time I remember the hay smelling weed is when I wasn’t growing in hb soil honestly. After chemical and the other organic grows I’ve done nothing has compared to tastes and smells giving off by docs kit. My buddies don’t believe me and there weed speaks for itself lol. They say it has to be my led lol. Friggen stuck in there old ways hps&chemicals.

I may just have to check out what docs kit is all about.
This was my 1st time throwing the plant into darkness and the only harvest ive ever had which smelled like 100% hay...i find myself trying to stick my nose inside the buds deeper each time just to get a whiff of dank which is non existent so far after 5 days of hanging. My plant smelled terrific before going into darkness and once they came out it was all hay from there.
I may try the darkness again and have it at slightly higher temps than 16c.

I may just have to check out what docs kit is all about.
This was my 1st time throwing the plant into darkness and the only harvest ive ever had which smelled like 100% hay...i find myself trying to stick my nose inside the buds deeper each time just to get a whiff of dank which is non existent so far after 5 days of hanging. My plant smelled terrific before going into darkness and once they came out it was all hay from there.
I may try the darkness again and have it at slightly higher temps than 16c.
Mine smelled like hay for a bit but after drying them then curing them the hay smell went away mostly. I have to do a better job drying and curing.

...what's your RH where you are drying them?...your temp is a little low as well(20C is what I like)...5 days should be enuff time to dry to a point where you can start to cure...that hay smell is chorophyll breaking down, and most of the time, after jarring and burping(and monitoring RH in the jar) your bud should return to dankness(don't rush the cure)......cheerz... :high-five: :Namaste:...h00k...

I’ve had some plants seem to lose smell
During drying process. After a little while curing those smells came back around and taste became a lot more present. When I grew with typical chemical nutes I steady had hay smells and taste. No matter growing in hydro or soil it was same.
When it comes to docs kit it’s the easiest growing process I’ve ever done. I get to reuse soil over again. No testing of anything ph,ppm etc. It also cost me less then buying the other shit as well. Less chances of pests also.
Alls you need to do is some studying about the kit and the process. Make sure environment is in check as best as possible and preferably have ro or distilled water. Tap water does works in some cases but you’d want to have city water report or have tested yourself if possible.The high Brix gang are a bunch of wonderful people that are more then willing to give a helping hand and you definitely won’t be disappointed in your produce. Cheers

...what's your RH where you are drying them?...your temp is a little low as well(20C is what I like)...5 days should be enuff time to dry to a point where you can start to cure...that hay smell is chorophyll breaking down, and most of the time, after jarring and burping(and monitoring RH in the jar) your bud should return to dankness(don't rush the cure)......cheerz... :high-five: :Namaste:...h00k...
Thank you Hook. That helps I still have one turkey bag I am curing in that has a strong hay smell. The other bags I cured in had a hay smell at first buy now it is dissipating and they are starting to smell nice and dank again
:high-five:

Really I may try and bump mine as well. I typically like to have rh around 55% when drying. How about you

Back
Top Bottom