Adora's Blueberry Summer Grow

Now for the disappointing conclusion to my grow.:laughtwo: I've been neglecting this final update as I had some struggles at the end and became discouraged. So, what happened... A little more than a day after washing the Blueberry, I put her in the drying box.

Two days after that, when I opened the drying box in the morning I literally screamed... there was fluffy white stuff on every branch. I definitely put too much weed in the box at once. I went into salvage mode and started hacking, and I ended up losing less than I thought I would. I think I only threw about a jarful in the trash. I did try to save as much as I could, and I must have gotten good margins because no more mold grew on the remaining weed. The final yield of smokeable bud was 5.5 oz. Not too bad.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the mould but I'm happy you were able to salvage 5.5 oz still.

Now the smoke report! After a tolerance break, I got absolutely ripped off this stuff - enough to help me write my smoke report.

But, this is not the happy smoke I was looking for (though it may make you literally forget your troubles for a while).:p This is in contrast to what the breeder claims is "a very potent yet happy one, which is euphoric yet relaxing and enduring". It is more of a stoney and moody, introspective smoke. It doesn't exactly take my mind to a happy place - it just takes it elsewhere. I am going to try harvesting earlier next time (when I flower out her clones) to see if that gives more of the happy, giggly effect. I won't keep any more clones from this specific plant.

Do you know who the breeder was for your Blueberry? I had freebie Blueberry auto seeds bred by the seed man that I loved because of that happy high. So, now I'm growing the Blueberry photoperiods also by the seed man in hopes I get the same effects as I got from the autoflower.
I separated this many seeds (8.38 g) from this much plant matter. The plant bits (12.3 grams) will be cooked into coconut oil in my Instant Pot. Not nearly as many seeds as Shed, but enough for my purposes.:) Probably more than I will ever sprout honestly. I didn't bother separating out the light and dark.

Scratch that... That update was written last night and was meant to be the last one, but this will actually be the final final update. There was one final snag in the grow last night. This is a tough one... I woke up this morning to find almost every single seed gone and my tupperware overturned on the counter. Wtf!! A mouse had a buffet on my counter last night. Get this. I had even woken up through the night and heard a mouse scuffling around, I made a note on my phone to set a mousetrap in the morning, and then I went back to sleep. Omfg!! This grow was a colossal failure. I wish I had put the seeds in storage in the fridge earlier. So to add to my list from earlier of the things I learned this grow... 3. cannabis seeds are highly palatable to mice. I am so angry.

This is what remains of the seed harvest. Looks like I didn't have to bother separating out the light and dark seeds because the mouse preferentially ate all the brown seeds and left only the white ones for me. I think only the seeds on the top left will germinate (and the ones on the top right might).

20221008_140644.jpg

Congrats on the seed making but boo, hiss to the mice who ate your efforts. I've had mice eat my seedlings so I can empathize. :hug:

I have two Blueberry clones in solo cups that I could set up in my back closet to make more seeds, but I'm not sure if I want to waste more time and energy at this point. Both Blueberry plants I've grown ended with moldy harvests, and my seed harvest is in the stomach of a mouse somewhere. I think the universe is telling me no more Blueberry. It has given me more grief than any other strain, and it causes more grief than its smoke helps, lol.
This grow is now complete and I never want to look at it again.

I'm sorry it was such a tough grow for you but your next one is bound to be better now that you've learned more. Thank you for sharing your grow with us. It was a pleasure to follow along.

Hi Adorabird:)

Your grow was a delight to be a part of, so thank you.

You survived hurricanes, mould and mice and still managed to fill those jars.

Im already elbows deep into your next grow. Xo

Back
Top Bottom