Early Miss Auto: First Grow

So ya it's a 5 gal bag but folded once to make a 3 gal and I water with 1 and a half 500ml water bottles so about 3 pints and less than a gallon of water. 2 table spoons of big bloom for every 2 gallons of water I do 4 gallons of water phed to 6.
I feel like I'm not doing this right :confused:

Hmmm, sounds to me like its dry soil, you need some kind of "wetting agent" in your water, like the Aloe Vera or Yucca.
That will help your soil absorb water.
Once you get all the soil to accept water without repelling it then you're good to go as long as you don't let it get bone dry again.
This is something that's best and easiest done before you plant your seed usually.

hence the very dark totally wet little area that looks like it was just watered.

I went back and looked at the photo again. I see what you mean. Your suggestions for addressing the dry soil are spot on.

Killa, it looks to us like you only watered in a small portion of your pot. If that’s the case, you will likely need to rehydrate the soil as Nunyabiz suggests.

Happy New Year to you also.
:passitleft:

so from what I've been reading I have 3 gallon of soil so does that mean I need 3 and a half gallons of water to give them every time its dry?

No, only water to 10% (or less) runoff. That means give them a cup or so, slowly, around the perimeter of the plant. Let it soak in. Listen to the fresh air being sucked in behind the water..
Continue..slowly..until you see some runoff from the bottom. Stop.
:ganjamon:

How much aloe vera do you think per gallon? 2 tbs per gallon or so just to thicken
And okay I'll re saturate with water per 500 ml ill take my time with it making sure that it's not just running out the back as Nunyabiz said and I have some aloe lying around somewhere.. thank you guys for putting up with me and helping out :peace::)

Depends on what you're using for Aloe.
This is what I use.

How To Use Organic 200x Aloe Vera In Your Garden

Well, I have to admit to being a little snarky in that last post. :cool: I don’t think much of all the hype, but if that’s all you have access to, here is one way you could mix them:
C172C3A5-9292-44DC-9851-C1000CFBD2DB.jpeg

Now, that’s 8 teaspoons of Big Bloom per gallon, essentially because it’s so diluted. I think they’re marketing it to “organic” growers. Is that your intent?

Anyway, I don’t know how much your hydro store charges for a gallon of Big Bloom, but it’s currently $54.10 on Amazon. That works out to be about US $0.57 per gallon of feed water - just for the Big Bloom!

I think you could probably do better..

If you’re wondering why you would want to add so much Big Bloom in the first place, I will explain. Your Autos are going into flowering stretch at about 4 weeks from seed. Your plants are in FF (OF?) soil, which should still have plenty of nutrients left after only 4 weeks. I like a NPK ratio of 1-1-2 for flowering. Your plants already show a possible need for both Potassium and Cal/Mag.

The PPMs may seem low, but I think it’s better to water more often (in hempy, at least) with a lower concentration of nutrients. If I recall, if the concentration of the solution is significantly higher outside the roots than inside them, solution will actually be pulled out of the plant in an attempt to achieve equilibrium.

Hey blu thanks so much for all the info and its 40$ if I remember for big bloom and 8 seems reasonable it is pretty diluted. no honestly I just wanna grow dosen't matter if its organic or synthetic nutes ( hope that's what you ment) and if that bottle last me for 1 grow that's okay maybe I can try something new for the next one. money is a bit tight at the moment but I'm open to good options as long as they produce and make my girls look good! Best bang for the buck I like to say. For this grow let's keep things growing with the ff and next grow I'll see about other brands. Thanks blu!:adore:

Am I supposed to use nutes every watering or should I switch from non nute to nute

It’s usually better to provide more consistent levels of nutrients. I feed at a lower concentration with every watering. The important thing is to watch your plant. She will show you if she’s hungrier.
:ganjamon:

Awsome I'll stop by the hydro store soon and grab those products and start feeding in week 5 or 6, around the time they start to flower. Charlie is looking bare and the leaves aren't poping back up like i want them to hope they come back by Thursday.. no pistols yet on Charlie.
Could I switch to 12 12 for a few days and see if it will activate Charlie to bloom?

Back
Top Bottom