Early Miss Auto: First Grow

Good morning everyone,
I have my two girls here showing gre flowers and Charlie is showing pistols. Now I have been LST both the plants and topped snoopy and she exploded in growth I have afound 5 to 6 pre flower bud showing and she is doing great. Charlie on the other hand is looking limp but the pre flowers are showing and there ready to start. Thanks for all the help up to this point from everyone!
Happy Thursday :hug::cheer:

Hey Killa,

Charlie is looking very sad and waterlogged, and I’m not surprised. From the following posts, I’m getting the impression that you are still watering too often:

• Your Post #41 (last Saturday) - “overwatered”

• My Post #45 (Sunday about 11AM) - I advised waiting at least a week before watering again.

• Your Post #52 (Sunday before 12) - you said you watered again with 10% runoff

• Your Post #74 (Tuesday) - “big water yesterday” (which was Monday)

Now, either I am misreading your posts, or you are watering nearly every day! Certainly more frequently than is needed. Are you getting this?
:passitleft:

So I had a appifiny last night while I couldn't sleep why not switch my led to flower and add some soft white cfl bulbs to put up the lumins so that's what I did 4 100 watt cfl lower down I'll keep them there until they start to flower and turn on the bloom and remove 2 cfls... why not
How much did the CFLs and the stuff to hook them up cost?

Everything from home depot.

Cfl - 20$
Light socket was free but a make shift one if your wondering is about 20 bucks I wanted to show how to make one later on if you all would like (used to be a electrician)
And the light socket doubler are like 4.75 a pop so 15$.
I'm seeing if it triggers flowering for autos. Because from what I've heard red spec is for flowering so if you take the blue light away (veg) but keep the same or more par/ lumin it would respectfully take charge to flower... in addition to that a lot of people have been complaining that there autos are taking forever to flower so could it be that the lights with higher blue spec could relatively slow the flower cycle? am I going off the rocker a bit?

Everything from home depot.

Cfl - 20$
Light socket was free but a make shift one if your wondering is about 20 bucks I wanted to show how to make one later on if you all would like (used to be a electrician)
And the light socket doubler are like 4.75 a pop so 15$.
I'm seeing if it triggers flowering for autos. Because from what I've heard red spec is for flowering so if you take the blue light away (veg) but keep the same or more par/ lumin it would respectfully take charge to flower... in addition to that a lot of people have been complaining that there autos are taking forever to flower so could it be that the lights with higher blue spec could relatively slow the flower cycle? am I going off the rocker a bit?

An interesting concept id be curious to see if you can prove or disprove it. Im only on my first auto grow and have read a ton. Some ppl have almost perfect symmetrical grows. I’ve had a steep learning curve my 4 plants are just not in sync and not sure if its me or them. However they are all progressing!

Good morning everyone,
I have my two girls here showing gre flowers and Charlie is showing pistols. Now I have been LST both the plants and topped snoopy and she exploded in growth I have afound 5 to 6 pre flower bud showing and she is doing great. Charlie on the other hand is looking limp but the pre flowers are showing and there ready to start. Thanks for all the help up to this point from everyone!
Happy Thursday :hug::cheer:

Your plants look good! I find 1 of mine tends to droop before and during lights out more than the others for whatever reason yet its not suffering. I read on here somewhere to get away from the mind set of water 3liters every 3 days because thats what i think they need to water when dry to run off and you will make your plants happy and yourself! GoodLuck keep us posted I look fwd to your inevitable success!!

Autos probably don’t care about red vs blue. Just blast them with as much light as you can afford.

As far as watering, do you have a bathroom scale? Weigh your pot after you water it to saturation. Your 3 gallons of saturated soil will probably weigh around 13 to 15 pounds or so. Do not water again until your pot weighs at least 4 pounds less, which is about half a gallon of water. Even better would be to wait until it weighs about 6 pounds less.
Make her use up the water instead of sitting with wet roots all the time.

:passitleft:

Just tap water and I let it de cloronate for 48 hours and ph to around 6

Do you ph your water before adding nutes? I was and found out that is not right my nutes lower my ph so much in fact i had to ph up slightly to get 5.8-5.9ph.

Back
Top Bottom