Easy Bud From RQS Under 90W UFO With 50 Watt UFO Sidelight - LST & Scrog

Re: Easy Bud From RQS Under 90W UFO With 50 Watt UFO Sidelight - LST & Scrog.

Thats incredible! he is really pushing it to the limits !!

I will definitely try this if my NL survives...
If I get autos tho then it will be lst all the way no toppin

i don't know if i would do that with the NL i would just try to get it true its problems and get it flowered and then try the fluxing technique on you next non autoflower run perfaps. i think you will get a more reliable picture of the technique with a plant that have not had such a bumby start in life ;)

if you lean on this guides experience you won't go wrong and he seems very helpful towards people as well. looking forward to see your first fluxing tryout, don't forget to keep me posted when you try it. would love to tag along and see your progress :)

A short up date.

So i desited my plants had reached the shape i wanted. i had to clean out the underbush a bit for some leafs. as i said earlyer i placed the screen very close to the soil. this would have been fine but i should have find my pot to the rim. i will do that next time. removed the netting at day 50 for easier access to the underbush or what it is called ;)and also the squares of the screen needs to be a bit bigger to many lower buds i think would become held a bit back by the screen cuz they grow into it a bit. so after removal it can just do its thing free.
Still rotating the pot two-tree times aday to get the sidelight to do its thing on all the way around the plant.

here is some pictures at day 49
20150222_214402.jpg
20150222_214406.jpg
20150222_214426.jpg
20150222_214450.jpg

and day 52 with the screen removed.
20150225_125207.jpg
20150225_125230.jpg
20150225_125216.jpg

its looking promising IMO :morenutes:
im thinking 3-4 weeks and they should be about ready. im doing a bit of tugging and single finger clipping of a regular basis. thinking about giving them a good pruning in the last week when also flushing and see what it will do for or against them :)

my feeding plan as followed. the black spots on the left is for me to keep track :)
bio_bizz_feeding_shedule_auto_s_1.jpg

i am at the middle of week 8 now. and still giving them a bit of pure water now and then. about once every 8-12 day or so. im freestyling a bit on that part :)

I also got tree plants vegging under the passive light in the closet for use as motherplants iv'e just took 4 cuttings of the first of them. and also im in the germination process of 4 white widows im start up for a friend who's a bit nervous about getting started. i will take some cuttings from the strongest of these as well. so the auto grow is just to optimize the output of meds from my small closet, while getting my photo plants ready for flowering. but actually i have become quite happy with these small auto strains. and will for sure use these as a quick way to get some good extract, by putting some in the garden in late spring and summertime.

20150225_133438.jpg

This is the flowering part of my closet.

20150225_134017.jpg

At the bottom to the left i got my nursery and to the right there is a small veg room. but while doing Autos i only need to use the flowering part of my closet. Right now it has somehow turned itself into a momentarily storage facility tho. don't know how that happened? :)

Good day and luck to everybody
:Namaste:

a few close up budshot i forgot to take som propper ones yesterday
20150226_142252.jpg
20150226_142244.jpg
20150226_142301.jpg

They are kindda going crazy there are small bud clusters everywere and i got like 20+ days to just let them gain as massive weight as possible. i think it will be great. i think they will be ready somewere between day 75-80-ish

Damn, that scrog is looking great, its so damn low..
Those buds are still going to get FAT right ?!

I will definitely try this later on !

Good luck with your babies mate :Namaste:

Jep they got at least 20 days to fatten up i estimate. the buds have just started to pick up in speed now for real. so i think they will pack on a nice amount of weight these next weeks. its like i can see a noticeable different day to day in the budsize :) and i was actually amazed when i took of the scrog screen it almost popped right off. i thought it would be way harder to get of at this stage. but then again, it is autoflowers (short veg.) so it did not get all entangled by stems the screen. but it really did even out my canopy real good

LEDBuD thanks for the kind words. Had to take off the screen tho. when i had to prune the underbush to avoid any chance of mold or rot, even my small girlish hands just was not small enought. Next time i will fill soil all the way to the rim of the bucket and mount the screen just an inch higher from the soil. but beside of that i find the result very pleasing so far. taking into consideration the low wattage lights i used, i think the result are quite impressive. not to tut my own horn or anything. And with about 20 to harvest time they should gain a massive weight increase still. thanks for stopping by again and sharing your opinion. much appreciated M8

btw what do you think about me trimming most of the fanleafs and such, the day i start flush just to ripen those bud real good with max light uptake the last week? many say you should not do this to auto's but i think if you do it when they are almost stopped gaining weight it will might be worth a try? cus there are just leafs everywere ok penetration from the lighting but i really thing trimming them that late in the progress will only do them good?

Best of luck to you untill we speak again

Ashm thanks for the praising words M8 to kind of you :)

I am really looking forward to follow your progress as well exspecially when your done moving and seetling down, then you can really get to work on the project of getting a bigger grow started. looking forward to see what you get in the end, when time comes.

I remember you mentioned you were fond of experimenting

It would be interesting to try some fan leaf defoliation on half the plant , right down the middle , then you will know if it was a good idea or not. There is little gain to be made without experimentation , in the very least you will incur some knowledge.

Jep love playing the mad scientist even tho i suck in physics :)

it is tree plants in the bucket tho. :) but yeah maybe i should do it with one or two and look for a noticeable difference. but with tree plants it would be hard to get a solid and valid result. its most likely tree different kind of phenotype? i imagine they just pick up random seeds from one bigarse bucket of mied seeds were they pack these. But i think i will do it to the plant with the smallest buds and the one with the biggest and let the middle yielder stay as it is. that should give me some degree of knowledge i would say. thats for feedback. love to have all of you guys to run ideas by :) it makes taking a decision sometimes a bit easier for me i must say.

You can defoliate half of each plant so you get accurate results.

I am 99.99999% sure that each branch uses its own leaves

decided to roll a bit with your idea. im gonna strip every other stem for fanleafs in a week or two. about to days before flush. I will take every second stem just to open up the canopy a bit and get all the lower smaller nugs a bit extra light for the last good week or so.

I think i will start the flush in 1-2 weeks hopefully two weeks so they can puff up a bit more before flushing.

I think this scrog whould work realy good with a higher yielding autostrain. the easybud is not that of a high yielder so i fear the buds will not puff up that much. but for freebie seeds i am very satticfied with the grow so far tho.

as far as the 50w ufo. i think my two 12 watts skunk speciel lights actually does more as a sidelight then i get from the ufo. they have much more deep red color then the small ufo.

here is a couple of pics taken today. day57
20150302_113004.jpg
20150302_113015.jpg
20150302_113023.jpg
20150302_113028.jpg
20150302_113033.jpg

day 60. i will start to flush in 4-5 days i think. maybe i will give them one more feed in 4 days have not decided yet.
20150305_084957.jpg
20150305_085003.jpg
20150305_085022.jpg
20150305_085032.jpg
20150305_085049.jpg
20150305_085102.jpg

This is my third run with LED lighting and im ready to bump it up a notch asap.
I really hope i can save up some money for a small LED panel with some 5w lenses soon. i think it would do very well on autoflowers tied down like this. but also be amazing with the regular plants.
if anyone know a good cheap panel that uses about 160-200w or so, please let me know :)

Good day and good luck

Hey mate, nice buds !!!

I really thought they would get bigger, like those pics ive seen where they just become huge colas everywhere..
is it because of low wattage or because its an auto ?
I shouldnt expect huge colas with my ufo then...?

I will definitely upgrade to a bigger panel later on, to get the maximum out of the plant...

The best would be to have an equivalent of 600w hps in LEDS..

If I had the money, I would go for a GrowSun 320W from E.shine systems, ( in the sponsors)

I'm curious to see how much weight you got from that :goodjob:

Your dog does seem happy about it, lol :)

hey ashm how is your plants coming along?

yeah the buds are smaller than what could have been grown with another strain. and a BIGASS light ;)
its a mix of the low wattage lamp (90w) and keep in mind the seeds are easy bud. its a low yielding strain one of the lowest yieldings autos there is. but i got the seeds for free so thats why i used them to try out the scrog thing while getting my regular plants vegged and trained, when i pop the next two plants into 12/12 they should yield way more then these. ;)
they should look something like this when they hit 12/12 and then with a screen on top :) one of these two plants yielded almost 2 oz dried under just 90 watt and it only took up half my closet. so im pretty sure i could be able to push 3,5-4 oz out the closet with the proper strain under that ufo and my 2x12w sidelights mounted. still all in all a good yield with such a small light. but i would love something with stronger lenses thats for sure.
20141101_120006.jpg

I do hope the easy buds will puff up a bit more. they still got at least 14 days to go. but yeah if you want those big massive colas you definitely need more than a 90w ufo and a hole other strain than easybud. I am going to get a bit bigger panel myself. I just bought the ufo to test out the LED technology cuz i was sceptical and really could not afford speding money on a big panel i did not quite believe in. But now that i do believe in LED, if i bump up my lighting with a 160-200w with some 5w lenses i think i will fill out the footprint of my closet perfectly and the 5w will reach better trough the canopy. And my ufo will be used for small experimental grows in a small extra closet.

well see you at your next journal update i hope your grow is coming along well.

Back
Top Bottom