Small Closet UFO Grow - Unknown Strain

Klovneposen

Hi fellow growers. started a small grow after taking a break for a couple of years. thought it was about time to try the LED technology after years as a LED hater :) and i must say, my ignorance have brought me shame. a FAT ass HPS still works great yeah, but i find my small ufo ideal for a small closet grow.

My setup for this plant will be:

Light: UFO 135w chipset with 90w drawn from the socket, with the specs: 430nm, 450nm, 475nm, 660nm, 640nm and 630nm

Ventilation: 35w table fan

air in/out: nothing. when summer comes i will need it for sure.

seed: unknown strain from some dudes garden weed.

Soil: Biobizz light mix, mixed with LECA pellets

Nutes: BioBizz Grow, Bloom, Topmax and Alg-A-Mic (using Biobizz nute-chart dosage) And Root-juice when repotted

Pot: 40 litres bucket those you normally use for concrete and such. drilled ALOT of holes around the side and in the bottom of it.

let se if me uploading pictures onsite is a succes, or i will fix it asap :)

here it is about 30 days into veg. started it of late summer on the taresse, due to bad weather i took it inside and put it under a 12led, after about two weeks outside, untill my ufo arrived.

had to get done with my LR grow before flowering this one. i left it in the back of my closet and it was just stewing under the passive light untill the LR's were done. then i repotted it like this, with another bagseed i thought looked female but after inducing the flower period showed his balls and true self :)

9 days of 12/12 she is becoming more puffy, starting to fill out the closet quite good :)

24 days 12/12 now the buds are starting to pop up good everywere.

33 days 12/12 the buds have started to really fatten up a bit here.

35 days 12/12 last picture of the day a small budshot. the plant is well frosted already and smelling somewere near blueberry-ish very sweet and fruity.

I will be updating this post in 2-4 weeks, and again at harvest, then finish it with a smoke report (when dried but not yet cured) hopefully somewere around late february start-mid march.

thanks for dropping by and best of luck to all out there

:Namaste:

as a little note to my journal.

my feeding plan for this plant goes as follows. 1 liter of water with nutes acording to the biobizz schedule. every Thursdays and Sundays about every third feeding i keep out the grow nutes and bloom nutes, and only add Alg-A-Mic and topmax. seems to work really fine. have not noticed any noticeable deficiency on the plant to date. for my next grow i will try to get some molasses have heard a lot of possitive things about adding a bit of this.

Blackpolo

That box with your ufo. Have you thought about putting in a square pot of some sort, to optimize the area in which your roots can grow? and to trim roots when repotting. it shocks for a couple of days but then they grow like crazy :) great small bloom box u made btw. are you going to LST your future plants?

Don't know too much about it but it's made me an LED enthusiast. It's 90-120W. The plants seem to like it in between 6" to 1ft.
its properly a 135w chipset running at 90w. but you got no idea of the wavelengths on the lighting? its not stated on the webpage you bought from? *LOL* my mind goes a bit OCD-ish if i don't know everything about my shit (and anyone else's shit) :volcano-smiley: aarh thats better :)

Good luck with the grow! We have very similar setups, LEDs in a closet, I even have a curved left-over piece of mylar bubble-wrap insulation tucked in below my shelving area, exactly as you do in your initial pics above. Poor ventilation in closets for sure, I'm already giving serious thought to cutting some holes in the closet wall and ceiling areas, :lot-o-toke: which may well provoke SWMBO unnecessarily and cause her to regret approving this whole project. . . because after all, women aren't typically enthusiastic about cutting sloppy holes in closet walls for weird HVAC tubing at odd hours of the night during the holidays, are they?

:xmas:

The third greatest hazard to cannabis next to bugs and fungus these days are your wife indeed :) I think alot of air in/outtake is not so nessasery with a small closet like mine running only 90w. im adding fresh air every day when i look in it and while prunning the plant on regular bacis. i will mount a small quiet pc fan in the top before summer, to be able to keep the temps down, but for the time being my temps are near perfect. :) one of my gaming buddies have exactly the same lamp as yours it seems like, a 300w-ish. so i can see your need for getting rid of a bit of heat if your closet is around my size. when mounting my pc-fan im thinking about hooking it up to a small solar panel and mount that inside my closet. i've tested with my small e-cig usb solar panel and it keeps a pc fan running just fine. Why use the extra wattage when you have plenty of unused light inside the closet :)

I really like the solar fan idea. Use excess light energy to power cooling devices, something similar to the way you can charge your car battery with unused braking energy, right? I currently have a small clip-on oscillating fan running in the closet while the light is on. My concern is there's no place for hot and C02-expended air to go, and only the bottom of the closet door (2") available for fresh air intake.

I really like the solar fan idea. Use excess light energy to power cooling devices, something similar to the way you can charge your car battery with unused braking energy, right? I currently have a small clip-on oscillating fan running in the closet while the light is on. My concern is there's no place for hot and C02-expended air to go, and only the bottom of the closet door (2") available for fresh air intake.

unused braking energy? I know about as little about cars as i know a lot about weed. but yeah sounds similar to that concept :) if i were you i would mount to pc-fans in your closet just above your LED fan output placed on the top of your lamp as most heat goes dicetly up from there.
And instead of messing around with your ceiling, mariage and sheduled thursday-hump with wifey. just built to small carbon filters with some cans, your wifes pantyhoses and some aquarium/pond carbon and put on top of the pc fans. it will help to keep smell down, and as a light catcher as well. if you still have heat issues mout some flex pipe (from closedryers) to go from you lamp heat outtake directly to one of the pcfans above. then u still have one pcfan to pull co2-expended air out, and you said you have a passive air intake at the bottom so that should be fine, 2 inches is ok, if you just have some fans to pull air out the airsteam into the closet will just get a bit windy at the intakehole :). further more i think maybe you should. think about growing regular cannabis strains instead of autos. they can me trained (fim, lst, etc.) way more to utilize your grow area better (just imo)

I've already been using 6" and 10" multi-speed fans in various locations, which I suspect move more air than any PC fan I'm aware of, and they aren't evacuating much heat. The larger one is a Vornado, and honestly I can't imagine a PC fan doing more in this closet than this thing does. I'm thinking that's because there's no real venting in or out besides opening the closet door once in a while, and the 2" under-door gap, there's nowhere for the stale air to go so regardless of the fan, so it just recirculates stale air, and the available intake for fresh is awfully limited.

Maybe home-made C02 dispensing devices might be a better way to go. If SWMBO gets one look at me doing things with bubbling canisters and surgical tubing she'll practically beg me to cut holes in the closet as an alternative, right?

So, the Best Solution? A SawzAll, HVAC tubing and some Holiday Chaos? Maybe not, but it's fun to think about. Just finished Christmas Vacation with the Fam and the thought seemed to fit in.

By the way. . . Does your nick mean "Clown Bag?" Seems ripe for misinterpretation, no offense.

im not talking internal air circulation. im talking air removal

you can get pcfans easely moving 110m3 pr hour :) (got to from my brotherinlaw way back) but they run at 220v and sounds a bit like you have an f16 in your bedroom so yeah of course they won't move so much air if pulling 12v or less. but what i mean is if you get a jigsaw and you cut to small square holes in the back top of the closet. mount two pc fans in those that you connect to your lamp via flextubing. Your lamp will pull the hot air in the the closet in tru its sites blow the air up thru the fans mounted on the top of your lamp, then thru your flextubing up to the two pcfans at the top of your closet and out of the closet. And with to some homemade carbon filters the closet won't smell up you bedroom or whatever, but all the hot air will be pulled out of the closet. in apposed to HPS lamps you can use the lamp itself as a temp controlling device if used propper.

As long as I get to cut holes in the closet I'm pretty much OK with it. I think it's a great idea, and even without growing anything I've been wanting to do something like this for ages. Probably wouldn't be too hard to cut some holes in the (angled) roof of the closet, slap in some PC fans surrounded by a few pounds of silicon gel to absorb vibration and the like, and wire them to some kind of PC supply or "wall-wart" to provide 12V D/C. Splice and tape wires as necessary, and keep a small fire extinguisher nearby. . .

And not for nothing, but "posse" means "gang of vigilantes." That may be what you intended. But "KlovnePosen," as far as I can tell, means "Clown Bag." In Dutch. Might not be the message you're trying to impart, I dunno, but again, no worries.

. . .

And not for nothing, but "posse" means "gang of vigilantes." That may be what you intended. But "KlovnePosen," as far as I can tell, means "Clown Bag." In Dutch. Might not be the message you're trying to impart, I dunno, but again, no worries.[/QUOTE]

good thing im not dutch then ;) in my language posen is hiphop slang for posse. posse often used as in reference to crew
so its just a direct translation wordplay on the detroit rapgroup and backalley wrestling crew ICP :)

Back
Top Bottom