Elevated Lighting Company Grow Light Discussion

I don’t have a journal going of it but here they are in flower

6B7D5E19-F5B1-48F9-9923-6BA771B81085.jpeg

@Budget LED
Hi there,
Brand new grower here, started some flowers by accident, and now I need light for them. I'm fixing up a basement room for them, roughly 6x9 but the door area will cut usable space to probably 6x6ish.

If you wouldn't mind too much,I would like to get your opinion on the best way to light this space, for start-finish best results, presuming a max of twelve plants and probably more commonly 6-8 at any one time. I see the 500w unit has 6x6 veg but less for flower, so I am unsure of which combination of lights will work best for me.

I am curious about the coating that is offered separately on your website, what are the pros/cons of it, other than the price difference? (I can see that it makes it waterproof, but does it affect the light output in any way? Will it eventually? I also am wondering about the uv lights and whether it will affect me if I am around them a lot (which I probably will be, helicopter grandmom'ing them)

Btw, I chose you not only for all the glowing opinions, but because you're right in my neck of the woods, howdy neighbor! (Hazel Park here)

@Budget LED
Hi there,
Brand new grower here, started some flowers by accident, and now I need light for them. I'm fixing up a basement room for them, roughly 6x9 but the door area will cut usable space to probably 6x6ish.

If you wouldn't mind too much,I would like to get your opinion on the best way to light this space, for start-finish best results, presuming a max of twelve plants and probably more commonly 6-8 at any one time. I see the 500w unit has 6x6 veg but less for flower, so I am unsure of which combination of lights will work best for me.

I am curious about the coating that is offered separately on your website, what are the pros/cons of it, other than the price difference? (I can see that it makes it waterproof, but does it affect the light output in any way? Will it eventually? I also am wondering about the uv lights and whether it will affect me if I am around them a lot (which I probably will be, helicopter grandmom'ing them)

Btw, I chose you not only for all the glowing opinions, but because you're right in my neck of the woods, howdy neighbor! (Hazel Park here)
Thanks for considering us and great to hear from a fellow Michigander!

In a six by six, there are a few options you can go with and it really comes down to if you plan to fully utilize the whole space and do you have the budget for it all upfront. You could do 4 of our 250w lights with the standard heatsinks (or the sq designs would be great too). This is a great option if you want to build up to a complete setup over time.

The coating is a spray we coat the boards with. It has minimal impact on the performance of the light. It will also protect it from environmental damage and will also be easier to clean.

We utilize UVA in our lighting to deter any negative effects. It is important to always wear eye wear in your grow space. If the UVA makes you nervous, our Series 2+ Red Spec is also a great option. It excludes the UVA.

For an all in one light (veg through flower), you would want one of our lights with the 3500k spectrum. It gives your plant everything it needs start to finish.

In a six by six, there are a few options you can go with and it really comes down to if you plan to fully utilize the whole space and do you have the budget for it all upfront. You could do 4 of our 250w lights with the standard heatsinks (or the sq designs would be great too). This is a great option if you want to build up to a complete setup over time.

So if I understand correctly, ideally 4x 250 would be better in the space than 2x 500 (or other configuration)? Is uv the only difference between v2 - v3? And one more question, what difference is made by xl heatsink vs normal for the 250w models? Thanks so much for the quick reply!

So if I understand correctly, ideally 4x 250 would be better in the space than 2x 500 (or other configuration)? Is uv the only difference between v2 - v3? And one more question, what difference is made by xl heatsink vs normal for the 250w models? Thanks so much for the quick reply!
The UV is the main difference. The Series 3 also included the Samsung LM301H as the primary white diode which includes anti-sulfurization. It's an update on the LM301B diode (Series 2 light).

The XL heat is 35" long versus the stand at about 25" long. The XL would be slightly too long for your application.

Yes two 500w kits would not give you the adequate coverage you need on the edges.

Basically, with each 250w kit, you are covering s 3 x 3 area. Then each light will benefit the others on the inner perimeter of others. The SQ design is made for a 3 x 3 footprint.

I probably do a journal on the next grow. If I get enough nerves to do it. I live in the bible belt in the south. Any way this is what they look like after four weeks. Four are mendocino purple kush from medical seeds three strawberry stardawg from holy smoke one northern lights. It had more stretch than the rest. It was a free seed. I have ten more of them. First time I used LEDs

Attachments

• 20200310_175026.jpg
    20200310_175026.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • 20200310_175020.jpg
    20200310_175020.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
  • 20200310_175005.jpg
    20200310_175005.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • 20200310_175000.jpg
    20200310_175000.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 20200310_174918.jpg
    20200310_174918.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
I probably do a journal on the next grow. If I get enough nerves to do it. I live in the bible belt in the south. Any way this is what they look like after four weeks. Four are mendocino purple kush from medical seeds three strawberry stardawg from holy smoke one northern lights. It had more stretch than the rest. It was a free seed. I have ten more of them. First time I used LEDs
Loved my Mendo Purps, still do

Did you mean me? I don't really know how to do a journal yet, I'm still sort of trying to figure out how not to kill my plants :D
I think so! A journal would allow people to see what your working with and help you when needed! Ton of growers here willing to lend a helping hand.

I think so! A journal would allow people to see what your working with and help you when needed! Ton of growers here willing to lend a helping hand.
Thank you. I found the thread with info on how to, it seems straight forward, but I have changed so many things so far and will still be changing even more when I finish the room and my new lights get here (speaking of... shipped already?!? Wow!) If I actually typed out all of the changes these little dolls have gone thru, you all would probably kick me off the forum :D

I guess I can just start from now? I don't want to make folks mad by putting too much 'crap' in it

They seem happy and stable now, but from what I have been reading, I guess I'm supposed to be cutting their tops off? And I guess it is a better than even shot they might end up hermaphrodites. So many things to learn!

Thank you. I found the thread with info on how to, it seems straight forward, but I have changed so many things so far and will still be changing even more when I finish the room and my new lights get here (speaking of... shipped already?!? Wow!) If I actually typed out all of the changes these little dolls have gone thru, you all would probably kick me off the forum :D

I guess I can just start from now? I don't want to make folks mad by putting too much 'crap' in it

They seem happy and stable now, but from what I have been reading, I guess I'm supposed to be cutting their tops off? and I guess it is a better than even shot they might end up hermaphrodites?

Topping your girls should not stress them enough to hermi them. Just make sure you give them enough time in veg. It should probably be at least 2-3 weeks from the time you top till you flip them. Obviously it can be longer. :circle-of-love: :peace:

Topping your girls should not stress them enough to hermi them. Just make sure you give them enough time in veg. It should probably be at least 2-3 weeks from the time you top till you flip them. Obviously it can be longer. :circle-of-love: :peace:
Stress causes it too? eek.... no, I meant they have a good chance to hermie because they are 'bag seed' (I'm still trying to decide on which good seed to buy, too many choices!)

And... what is flipping?? >.>

Back
Top Bottom