Elevated Lighting Company Grow Light Discussion

Ok one week later ! They woke up :cheer:
Thank You Budget LED :thanks: CRAZY
00035D77-D0B9-4224-AC1D-94880064FBC0.jpeg
5E0A1661-0CA4-4949-B365-B0FADBC67379.jpeg
50298B57-FFAC-4B7E-98A5-7F972C10A3B2.jpeg

20200322_221144.jpg

@Sueet Here is the one I have. Apologies for the delay. I got kids ... lol!

Again, thank you so much. That would be distance from the top of the plants right, not from the ceiling? How does that work if one plant decides to be way taller than the others? And also, any recommendations for transitioning them to the new lights, or will they just take it in stride @30"?

I have no idea yet if I am concerned about the smell. I think I will like it, but I don't know how strong or pervasive it will be, nor how much it might annoy my family/neighbors so. ... How far would the smell travel if I do not use the carbon filter? My closest neighbor's house is only about 45ft from the window I would vent out of. I know it is legal here now, but I still don't want everyone knowing my biz. I guess, for now I'll stick with a small fan and worry about ventilation later when/if it becomes a problem. I read that it was 'critical' to a healthy grow so I was worried.

I was thinking to put the lights very slightly closer to center since I will not be putting any mj plants that close to the walls, would that make it too bright at center? They would end up with four inches between units on the side where the heat sink is (so roughly 8 between the light boards), and 10 inches between the light boards going the other direction (the short side of the heat sink). This would leave me a gap of 15" at the back (room for a shelf for small plants - not mj) and 16" at the sides (just leaving me room to work, I'm not a small person). I assumed, based on the 4x4 veg footprint, that the edges would still get plenty of light for houseplants or whatever else I would stick in there, I just worry that the overlap in the center would be too much.

Do please send the pic of the bible, I suspect I'll be needing lots of help.

Yea the plants will stink up the house! I have a 10 x10 room in my basement. If not filtered, they stank bad. Even with a filter, my wife gets the occasional eye brow raise from them.

The light distance for placement you mention sounds fair and yes I mean to the canopy to your first question.

Oh fooey. Ok, thanks again! Anyone have suggestions on which carbon filter setup would work for me? >.>
If you really want to eliminate the smell, try double filtering. One on the exhaust and one on the intake.

Oh fooey. Ok, thanks again! Anyone have suggestions on which carbon filter setup would work for me? >.>
So is it a closed room in your basement or an open area?

Because if you can use the carbon filter to scrub the air exiting the basement, it will help conceal the smell to the neighbors

I got my series 3 red specs. I'm loving them so far. Super easy plug and play. Cool temps in the tent. Gracias Budget, Thanks for your service!
Thank you for the feedback! It is great to get such positive member feedback on it!

So is it a closed room in your basement or an open area?

Because if you can use the carbon filter to scrub the air exiting the basement, it will help conceal the smell to the neighbors
Well, it is a closed room, but definitely not airtight in any way. I may have to just put ventilation on hold for the moment since we are not supposed to go anywhere right now (covid19), and chances are the hydro shop I was going to go shop at is probably closed too.
My current plan is to replace the window with plywood and vent the room to the outside, I guess I will need an inline fan and two filters plus some ducting and clamps. Will having a fan constantly venting the room to the outside help stop the spread of the smell inside my house? It may be a while before I can do anything about making it airtight, or anything like it. Most of my concerns 'til now have been just making sure it's cat proof:rolleyes:.

Alright everyone! I need some help! Anyone know of a breeder that makes a straight blueberry strain that straight smells / tastes like blueberries?

I want to add it to my existing bunch as regular. I was looking at the DJ Shorty stuff but have read the latest f5 series doesnt taste or really smell like blueberries. Any help is appreciated!
I just harvested 1 plant of seedsman blueberry, very nice strain, could only really smell blueberries until she got chopped. Have yet to taste, still drying. Journal In my sig.

I just harvested 1 plant of seedsman blueberry, very nice strain, could only really smell blueberries until she got chopped. Have yet to taste, still drying. Journal In my sig.
I have them on order. Excited to hear your smoke report.

I ended up with that, some purple #1, a copy different Aliens, etc.

Well, it is a closed room, but definitely not airtight in any way. I may have to just put ventilation on hold for the moment since we are not supposed to go anywhere right now (covid19), and chances are the hydro shop I was going to go shop at is probably closed too.
My current plan is to replace the window with plywood and vent the room to the outside, I guess I will need an inline fan and two filters plus some ducting and clamps. Will having a fan constantly venting the room to the outside help stop the spread of the smell inside my house? It may be a while before I can do anything about making it airtight, or anything like it. Most of my concerns 'til now have been just making sure it's cat proof:rolleyes:.
Yes if you pump air to the outside. A cheap way to do it would be to get a inline vent fan like at home depot and rig it to the window. It wont help the smell outside but will on the inside. I did it to my room as an added way to keep my wife happy.

Come on, the cats will love it in their.

Yes if you pump air to the outside. A cheap way to do it would be to get a inline vent fan like at home depot and rig it to the window. It wont help the smell outside but will on the inside. I did it to my room as an added way to keep my wife happy.

Come on, the cats will love it in their.
I don't want to harass my neighbor, so cheapest is likely not my best choice. A fan in the window is a good idea tho... something to think about when they let us out (of quarantine).

And yes, I know they would love it. That's why they're not allowed :D

Back
Top Bottom