Endive's "Chance Um!" Bubblelicious - LED Grow - 2010

Re: Endive's "Chance Um!" Bubblelicious, LED Grow - 2010

Without a doubt!
I ended up with two phenotypes, one very indica-ish, the other more on the sativa side. Though I didn't end up with a true "bubblegum" pheno, each are unique in flavor from what is in the current medical circle and plenty potent.

Treated properly, Bubblelicious will be a vigorous producer of fine medicine.

I am just getting ready to start my next grow and I was curious about big Bubblelicious gets. They look like they did not go above 24" or 16" around. Does that sound about right?

:thanks:

I am just getting ready to start my next grow and I was curious about big Bubblelicious gets. They look like they did not go above 24" or 16" around. Does that sound about right?

Hi Pop Kulture,

Sounds pretty close to what I had, anyway. Their finished height is considered "short" by the breeder, mine were close to your estimate, but i had issues early on in the seedling/veg stage. I've seen some bubblelicious grow to about a 36" tall and wide (indoors) with sub-600w lighting.

They are a very aggressive grow/bloomer when pH'd and fed properly (mine struggled as I said). Robust and short for most of the phenos I had, they took well to LST, so I'm sure with any type of FIM, cropping, etc. will help keep their heights in order.:morenutes:

In addition to 12/12-ing them early based on their size in vegetation to control their finished size, I noticed with good (excessive even) lighting at early bloom, they resist excessive stretching. I think that is a big key to controlling their vertical growth.

They seeds are broad in the range of phenotypes, but I'd say in 5 - 10 seeds you'll definitely find a keeper or two. I've known many who have grown it and not got the "bubblegum" pheno (I didn't), but I know of no one who has ever regretted growing it, regardless.

Hope this helps, and if I can be of assistance, just ask! ;)

e.

I can only hope my first active hydro grow turns out as nice!

:thumb:

Hey Setting Sun,

After watching some of your earlier endeavors, I can only imagine the jungle you will create. I for one can't wait to see it!

:morenutes:

Hi Pop Kulture,

Sounds pretty close to what I had, anyway. Their finished height is considered "short" by the breeder, mine were close to your estimate, but i had issues early on in the seedling/veg stage. I've seen some bubblelicious grow to about a 36" tall and wide (indoors) with sub-600w lighting.

They are a very aggressive grow/bloomer when pH'd and fed properly (mine struggled as I said). Robust and short for most of the phenos I had, they took well to LST, so I'm sure with any type of FIM, cropping, etc. will help keep their heights in order.:morenutes:

In addition to 12/12-ing them early based on their size in vegetation to control their finished size, I noticed with good (excessive even) lighting at early bloom, they resist excessive stretching. I think that is a big key to controlling their vertical growth.

They seeds are broad in the range of phenotypes, but I'd say in 5 - 10 seeds you'll definitely find a keeper or two. I've known many who have grown it and not got the "bubblegum" pheno (I didn't), but I know of no one who has ever regretted growing it, regardless.

Hope this helps, and if I can be of assistance, just ask! ;)

e.

Thanks, yes it does help.

Those were from Nirvana, I was quite happy with them. I hear, Serious Seed's "Bubble Gum" is the holy grail of bubble-gummy goodness though.

Those were from Nirvana, I was quite happy with them. I hear, Serious Seed's "Bubble Gum" is the holy grail of bubble-gummy goodness though.

I heard that TH seeds has the original bubble gum... I would use the nirvana bubbleicious(because yours came out looking great) but i hear to many bad things about Nirvana like their female seeds having a high rate of turning male during flowering... is there any truth to that??

In both Nirvana grows I did have a plant sport male stamen, later in bloom. No harm done in the first grow, but it did cause me to cut a week or so early. In the case of my last grow, I did get some mild seeding. But that is just my experience, I'm sure there are many factors in a female plant sporting male flowers.

I still think they (Nirvana) are a good value. Now if I was shelling out three figures for 6 to 10 seeds, I'd expect more phenotype consistency within the strains as well as expecting a very low hermaphrodite percentage.

ok thanks for the info... I want to try a few of their strains... is the potency there in their strains(that you have tried).

Oh, very much so, I'd say. :roorrip: One particular Bubblelicious pheno (S2), was quite good, the Blue Mystic however is in a different league.

I am a light-weight, but i've shared meds from both Blue Mystic plants with more experienced patients, to rave reviews on the potency. They are so covered in trichomes that there is always a light, yellow dusting of kief on the tray or on the grinder's screen.

A lucky, random in the box shot...

S-3
2010-11-15_07-53-29_82_S-3-suspect.jpg

Great grow my friend I just love this pic :cheer::cheer::cheer:

I think I got all my questions answered too.... my eyes are so bad I can't even see bananas so it's one less thing I worry about lol... but I'll look for them tomorrow when I jar them.

:peace:

Update to the past...

Reading my email this morning, I was pleasantly surprised! Behold, a photo I took last year of a thick buded cola from a Bubblelicious (plant S-2) was featured in a Nirvana Seeds Newsletter!

They even gave props!

my_bblicious.jpg

Hey endive, this has been a great journal. I tried to PM you, but didn't know about that rule...

As you are a new grower, I am impressed with your knowledge of very specific scientific elements to this grow. You clearly know the anatomy of the plants and what I would consider advanced technique awareness. Many of the books I've read lack that kind of information - and the opinions on this site can cover the entire spectrum of "truths."

So I'm wondering, did you study botany? Did you find some book I overlooked? I'd be interested to hear how you became so knowledgeable so quickly. You clearly did your homework before you planted a single thing.

Cheers,
MD

Well done!! Hat goes of 2 you, but what was ur overall experiance with this kind of setup ( cfl and leds)? I have always used hid 600 watts, but am thinking long and hard about sWitching over 2 leds! Although I stronglet believe u have 2 try things out urself 2 get a real understanding. Well done again and hope see some more work from u soon. Peace and bud

Hi Endive, nice setup buddy. Youre right about those fat seedling leaves on ur sprout. Ive seen it a few times now among LED/CFL grown plants, im not sure if thats a sign of better health, i personally think it may be, ive seen some similar growths with these setups, plants are short and real bushy rounder leaves, maybe something to do with the frequencies of light, some of my own girls ive started under my CFL showed better growth rate than my 400w MH..Prob coz i can put my CFL closer to her than my MH?? Dunno.. But anyways hope all ur girls bounce back and start growin troppo for ya! Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Back
Top Bottom