Extraction fan question

Calibarsjay

420 Member
So I have a really big room outdoors well insulated, instead of keeping a electric radiator on 24/7 could I not exhaust straight into the room for say 6/8 hours a day of the 24 to save some money on electricity? I’m using only 1 exhaust fan and negative pressure for intake. I feel like the room is big enough to do this and still draw in fresh air? Maybe I’m wrong, anyone no if this is possible?

So I have a really big room outdoors well insulated, instead of keeping a electric radiator on 24/7 could I not exhaust straight into the room for say 6/8 hours a day of the 24 to save some money on electricity? I’m using only 1 exhaust fan and negative pressure for intake. I feel like the room is big enough to do this and still draw in fresh air? Maybe I’m wrong, anyone no if this is possible?
It’s only a 5x5 tent and the room is like 25x25 and the extraction is set up properly but I’m just thinking can I not pop it off and into the room to heat it up for like 6 hours a day ?

You shouldn't feed the room with old air filtered from the room as the majority of air is high in humidity which will cause untold amount of problems including bud rot, if your outside and it's cold I highly recommend a heater of sorts.

It’s only a 5x5 tent and the room is like 25x25 and the extraction is set up properly but I’m just thinking can I not pop it off and into the room to heat it up for like 6 hours a day ?

Yes you can. Save the energy. There's no issues as long as your monitoring your humidity as noted above. If it's cold enough to need heat it's probably not that humid

a
Yes you can. Save the energy. There's no issues as long as your monitoring your humidity as noted above. If it's cold enough to need heat it's probably not that humid
Thanks for reply! Yeah it’s cold it’s like 0 degrees at night and like 6 in the day I have a rad on 24/7 what just about keeps it in the temp zone. The 600w mh helps with heat. So you think this will be fine? I understand people say you should re use in the room but the big bi folding doors are drawing fresh cold air in even when shut because it’s so cold! Thanks

a

Thanks for reply! Yeah it’s cold it’s like 0 degrees at night and like 6 in the day I have a rad on 24/7 what just about keeps it in the temp zone. The 600w mh helps with heat. So you think this will be fine? I understand people say you should re use in the room but the big bi folding doors are drawing fresh cold air in even when shut because it’s so cold! Thanks
Shouldn’t *

If your running co2 enrichment possibly. But it would require your grow space to be drastically over done to make a problem. Most rooms run at 500-1000ppm which is only considered "low quality air" it's not until over 2000ppm it starts to become problematic (headaches, drowsiness, insomnia) over 5000ppm it starts to create an oxygen deplete environment which can kill you.

Your grow space is only a fraction of that airspace, but if you're running Co2 you shouldn't be venting so... It should only be nice oxygenated air from the plants that's free of dirt, smells, and v.o.c.'s thanks to the carbon scrubber.

Back
Top Bottom