Fan leaves

JBVT

Hi All, I JUST switched my lights to 12/12 to begin the flowering process on my White Widow. Plants are VERY healthy and look great. My question is, can I remove some of the fan leaves that are blocking the light to some of the plants where the buds will be forming? I have removed some already, but just wondering if I should keep going with this. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks!!

Hi All, I JUST switched my lights to 12/12 to begin the flowering process on my White Widow. Plants are VERY healthy and look great. My question is, can I remove some of the fan leaves that are blocking the light to some of the plants where the buds will be forming? I have removed some already, but just wondering if I should keep going with this. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks!!
No. I honestly wouldn't even take all the leaves covering stuff. Cause once you start budding the only leaves that's on there is all you got.

The general advice is to not defoliate during the first few weeks of 12-12.
The plants are stretching and putting all their energy into preparing to flower.
If you start stripping leaves it will have to spend some of that energy repairing itself.

I would wait until you are 3 weeks in and even then don't go mad and stress the plant by taking too much at a time.

Back
Top Bottom