Fast Buds Auto Crystal Meth & Northern Express - Beginner Grow

I switched to LED recently and yes I had to feed cal mag more than normal.... I'm not too familiar with bio bizz I know it's quality stuff but if your using the light mix the re es not a lot in it and you will need cal mag for sure ..... I start my seedlings on day 15 or so with .5ml/L cal/mag plus from general organics and up it .5ml/L every 5 to 7 days til deep into flower I stop at 2ml/L
I will look into that....cheers bro

Thanks for the info bro...i got a question, i heard leds have cal mag issues...should I be worried or biobizz line covers that? Cheers

I've had a Magnesium deficiency using LED's and Light-Mix / BioBizz nutes, but I suspect it's because I, until recently, neglected to check the pH of the run-off - I watered with pH 6.50 and the run-off was a whopping 7,89 so the Mg might have been locked out somehow, also my tap water has a lot of calcium in it
I add 2 ml/L of Canna Mono Mg with every watering, but I'll lower it as the pH stabilizes.

I didn't have Mg def last grow when I was using HID light, but then I was also measuring my pH with the colouring drops and aimed for max 6.0.

So if you stay on top of the pH and don't see red stems, white tips and leaves yellowing between veins your likely in a decent range, but it's a good idea to have some Ca and Mg or CalMag on hand if you need it.

My most Mg def plant (White Widow - Dinafem)
WP_20151016_18_14_16_Pro.jpg

A nice little chart
pH_chart10.jpg

Happy growing:Namaste:

NICE!!

i had good results with biobizz in the past, and i am getting more and more interested in auto's.

so i am in.........good luck and thanxx for the effort.

there seems to be a lot of knowhow here, but if you need more help, you can always mail direct to biobizz cost.serv to.......they to are allways glad to help out

I've had a Magnesium deficiency using LED's and Light-Mix / BioBizz nutes, but I suspect it's because I, until recently, neglected to check the pH of the run-off - I watered with pH 6.50 and the run-off was a whopping 7,89 so the Mg might have been locked out somehow, also my tap water has a lot of calcium in it
I add 2 ml/L of Canna Mono Mg with every watering, but I'll lower it as the pH stabilizes.

I didn't have Mg def last grow when I was using HID light, but then I was also measuring my pH with the colouring drops and aimed for max 6.0.

So if you stay on top of the pH and don't see red stems, white tips and leaves yellowing between veins your likely in a decent range, but it's a good idea to have some Ca and Mg or CalMag on hand if you need it.

My most Mg def plant (White Widow - Dinafem)
WP_20151016_18_14_16_Pro.jpg

A nice little chart
pH_chart10.jpg

Happy growing:Namaste:

Thanks PurpleGunRack! I will watch these ladies closely but I am not able to get any cal mag additives for now...getting them shipped where I am is a crazy investment...if I do need it though, might look into epsom salt. I do not measure my PH at the moment, I dont have a meter and cant afford one for the moment, I am using bottled water...I hope the PH is where it needs to be...haha...Cheers

NICE!!

i had good results with biobizz in the past, and i am getting more and more interested in auto's.

so i am in.........good luck and thanxx for the effort.

there seems to be a lot of knowhow here, but if you need more help, you can always mail direct to biobizz cost.serv to.......they to are allways glad to help out

Thanks chilli! Yea I definitely want to put in the time to take care of these girls and update my post to get as much help as I can in case things go south...haha...I tried growing photos before and it was a failure...got them as far as about 1 month then it just wouldn't grow but I definitely learned from it. I was growing in a tent and was able to regulate and steady the temperature in there. Now I got that sorted out, temps are looking steady, growth is looking good...we just have to chill and watch nature do its thing...haha...thnx for following.

On that note...I think I am growing nothing but autos from now on...:Namaste: They are just less trouble and with good care have decent yields I guess. I am already planning ahead to start a new grow a couple weeks before these ladies finish...I want to try all Fast Buds strain...they look amazing, especially that LSD...haha...we shall see

Cheers

Sup guys!! Today is Day 9 and the ladies were looking a bit dry so they got a feeding. Soil for CM wasnt as dry though..still a bit of moisture in there so I gave her the same amount as last time, 1 L (1ml root juice/2ml bio-heaven). The NE was dryer than last time so I upped the water quantity as well. So as of now...they are drinking the same amount of water. I think they are coming along just fine and nothing too crazy happening yet....here are pic update

CM Day 9
CM_D9.jpg

NE Day 9
NE_D9.jpg

Thanks to whoever is following and hope you enjoy...cheers
:Namaste::thanks:

Hey guys...I have a question...hoping some of you guys that grew with LED before can help me out. I started my grow with my lights at about 18" from top of soil...when should I raise the light? and by how much should I raise it?

Cheers guys

Hey guys...I got a little issue here, hopefully someone can help me out!! Today is day 11 and NE looks fine but the CM is suffering from something...not quite sure what it is. First they seem to drink less or maybe because I upped the amount of water, it takes them more time to consume but I do not need to water today. However CM has 2 leafs that are softening up, looks abit like its boiling or something but its bottom leafs, not top leaves. Spots are also appearing on one of the leave tip and I am not sure what it is...I pulled both out from LED though and noticed that they were slightly light greenish so I will probably start feeding them in the next watering or I could be wrong...any input on this will be appreciated guys...here pics of the CM's problems

12268811_10153689712928396_1165169466_o.jpg
12255398_10153689713008396_205076238_o.jpg
12250460_10153689713058396_442555945_o.jpg
12248420_10153689713028396_1808879289_o.jpg

Thanks for the help
:thumb::Namaste:

Hey guys...I have a question...hoping some of you guys that grew with LED before can help me out. I started my grow with my lights at about 18" from top of soil...when should I raise the light? and by how much should I raise it?

Cheers guys
I try to keep my light (400watt) about 18 to 20" above the plants. When the plants grow a couple inches just raise the light a couple inches too.
On the bottom leaf issue, im not sure but as long as it doesn't spread it should not be a problem. I think you are already doing this but Just make sure you let the dirt dry out good in between waterings. . Lookin good :thumb:

I try to keep my light (400watt) about 18 to 20" above the plants. When the plants grow a couple inches just raise the light a couple inches too.
On the bottom leaf issue, im not sure but as long as it doesn't spread it should not be a problem. I think you are already doing this but Just make sure you let the dirt dry out good in between waterings. . Lookin good :thumb:

Hey Nicholas Flamel! Cheers for the responce. Yea I just raised the lights a bit to keep it around 18" above the plants...also increased air power of the fan in the there so push more air...its been hotter lately though and temp and humidity definitely rose a bit. As for watering, I do make sure that its dry before I water. I really hope it wont spread and I hope its a slight nutrient deficiency because this one (CM) looks a little light compared to the NE.

Peace

What soil did you use.... and in my opinion you are watering too much... my plants that size get 1/2 liter every other day and let the pot dry a little un bwtween.... and if those spots continue to spread you need to add .5ml/L cal/mag to your water

I am using my own mix of soil...just regular soil I buy in a bag mixed with perlite, worm casting, peatmoss and a bit of bonemeal. I might have watered too early as it was still a bit moist last time when I watered...about the cal/mag, will espon salt work? I dont have access to a decent cal/mag...need to order it and it will take weeks before it gets here. Cheers

Yes my first grow I had a Def and couldn't afford cal mag at the time .... I used Epsom and molasses during feed but I forget the exact dosages ypu can Google them

Thanks bro...I will do the research...I heard crushed egg shells also helps with cal, either added to water or sprinkle on soil along with epson salt. Whats your input on that?

Cheers

I made some organic compost..... only thing I could find and use in the woods or scraps from the kitchen... part of the mix was eggshell.. I would let them dry very well even bake them at a low temp when needed... then I put them in a blender and made the shells as fine as possible and sprinkled into the soil... I am yet to grow cannabis in it until now... I have a 10 day old sprout in it... it grew the okra and habanero flawlessly but the cannabis will require more..

At this point I am not sure what to do...I will have to wait tomorrow and see from there but my options are sort of limited, either i go with the egg and let them do their thing slowly or I get molasses with the epsom salt. I will see tomorrow if there is any evolution to the plant..if it gets worst or no...cheers

Sup guys...today is Day 12! I did alot of reading last night and I am not sure if the spots and the drying weird leaves are actually deficiencies just because the other lady is not experiencing any signs of anything. My theory right now is it is because of the fan, I put my fan on max speed and it was blowing on the plant, reducing moisture on the leaves I guess causing it to turn like that (I could be wrong) and the sports could be start of N deficiency though since its starting to lighten up in color. Today only the CM was fed as the NE soil is still wet. I upped the feeding of the CM to 2 ml root juice, 2 ml bio-heaven and 0.5 ml bio-grow to 1 liter still (took her about 3 days to drink it up). Officially today is the first nute feed for the CM...here are the pics

CM Day 12
CM_D12.jpg

NE Day 12
NE_D12.jpg

Thanks for your help, patience and for following guys:Namaste::thanks:

Maybe you accidentally splashed some nute solution on the leaves?
New growth looks nice and healthy:)
When they're young it might be a good idea to have the circulation fan blowing indirectly on them.

Back
Top Bottom